Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2014/15 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Villareal fined a whopper £9850

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27316855

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Brilliant free kick by Ramos 0-1 Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great free kick from Sergio Ramos 1-0 Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They're nothing without Ronaldo

Equaliser for Valladolid 1-1. Four minutes left.

Edit: The goal scorer for Valladolid Osorio in the 85 minute.

• Advertisement

Should have had a winner, they look dead on their feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Barca are going to win the league now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Valladolid should have got a 2nd there with that 3v1

Less then 2 minutes of stoppage time left.

1-1 game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

1-1 FT.

Valladolid players celebrating it like a win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    1-1 FT.

Valladolid players celebrating it like a win :)

Well massive for them, out of the relegation zone.

Delighted for Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Johner wrote: »
    Barca are going to win the league now. :(

As Valladolid have shown, at this stage of the season, no game is easy.

Elche at the Martinez Valero is not going to be easy for Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Without Bale and Ronaldo they lack it up front. Monrata looks like a donkey up front. Just love seen Ronaldo get pissed at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

So now... The final game of the season in the Nou Camp... fack... What a game that's going to be...

What's the head-to-head like with Barca and Atleti? Assuming that Atleti are 3 points ahead going into that game... If Barca thrash Atleti, or even if they just win... did Barca beat them earlier in the season??? Can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Barca win on the last day to go level with Atletico on points wins Barca the league

DazMarz wrote: »
    So now... The final game of the season in the Nou Camp... fack... What a game that's going to be...

What's the head-to-head like with Barca and Atleti? Assuming that Atleti are 3 points ahead going into that game... If Barca thrash Atleti, or even if they just win... did Barca beat them earlier in the season??? Can't remember.

Atleti have not lost to Barca this season and knocked them out of the Champions League.

They won't fear the Camp Nou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Atleti have not lost to Barca this season and knocked them out of the Champions League.

Very true... I will be pure sickened if Atleti don't win the league now. Absolutely sickened. All the more sickened because fúcking Barca would win it again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

They should have lost their the last time though. Barca squandered a few moments and atleti required a wonder goal.

Having said that, Barca have regressed since then.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Very true... I will be pure sickened if Atleti don't win the league now. Absolutely sickened. All the more sickened because fúcking Barca would win it again...

Barca lost to Valladolid away, Granada away and drew with Getafe at home.

I can see them slipping up against Elche away. Real were lucky to get a draw at Elche earlier in the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

What happened to Ronaldo??? I read he came off at 10minutes. Is he badly injured?

Double for Atleti? Don't see why not!!!!! I hope they get at least one any way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Turtwig wrote: »
    They should have lost their the last time though. Barca squandered a few moments and atleti required a wonder goal.

Having said that, Barca have regressed since then.

Atleti could have been 3/4-0 by half time in that game.

Hit the post, hit the bar, had other chances too.

5 times they've played, Atleti haven't lost yet.

4 points for them is doable if they hold their nerve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If Barca win their last 2 games they are champions.

If Atletico draw their last 2 they are champions.

What a ridiculous season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Am I right in thinking that a draw for Atletico against Malaga this weekend is exactly as good as a win in all permutations?

EDIT: I think the only difference between a win and a draw for Atletico would be that it could possibly determine if they finish second or third, but not whether they win the league or not, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

been a good few years since la liga has been interesting. ive found myself watching liga games almost every week where as before, i would only bother with barca games.

barca for the league. atletico for the champions league. and i will be a happy bunny :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Moneymaker wrote: »

Think Turtwig was talking about the first leg. Where Atleti were hanging on.

Moneymaker wrote: »

Hit the post, hit the bar, had other chances too.

5 times they've played, Atleti haven't lost yet.

4 points for them is doable if they hold their nerve.

Hit the post and the bar at camp nou? :confused: Wow, I don't recall that. Apologies if I'm wrong but I really don't recall that. Barca had them on the ropes in the last twenty minutes. Apart for VIlla's scuffed effort I can't recall them having any real opportunities in the first half and in the second their goal was spectacular. After that Barcelona dominated and should won. Delighted they didn't though. :D

I hope the last day is Saturday 17th evening. Could be a nice day to round off the season with the FA cup final at 5pm then Barca cruelly pipping Atleti in a 7pm ko.

dfx- wrote: »
    Think Turtwig was talking about the first leg. Where Atleti were hanging on.

Oh yes. Rode their luck a bit there alright but thats the closest Barca have come to beating them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

gimmick wrote: »
    I hope the last day is Saturday 17th evening. Could be a nice day to round off the season with the FA cup final at 5pm then Barca cruelly pipping Atleti in a 7pm ko.

1399573249_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

All this is still to be decided, Sid Lowe/Graham Hunter was saying this on off the ball last night

BOO.

Yes indeed, classic LFP fcukwittery. Just read the small print: if Espanyol are safe after this weekend (very likely, they are 5 points off relegation as it stands and host Osasuna) then FCB-ATM and RM-RDCE are brought forward to Saturday 8.00pm (Spanish time). If it is also the case that Madrid are out of the title race then maybe only FCB-ATM will be on the Saturday. If Atletico win the league this weekend, then FCB-ATM would also be brought forward. That's what I've read anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So that's 17.00 GMT - a direct clash with the FA Cup final?

Surely they will change that. Would take a serious hit to their global audience. There would be huge interest in this game in the British Isles, yet FA Cup would ultimately get priority for most.

That's not to mention what those around the world would do, I imagine there's a lot that want to watch both.

I expect it to be changed to 20,00 CET or maybe 21,00

^ No, the FA Cup final is 17th, those fixtures above are showing the 18th.
    Yes indeed, classic LFP fcukwittery. Just read the small print: if Espanyol are safe after this weekend (very likely, they are 5 points off relegation as it stands and host Osasuna) then FCB-ATM and RM-RDCE are brought forward to Saturday 8.00pm (Spanish time). If it is also the case that Madrid are out of the title race then maybe only FCB-ATM will be on the Saturday. If Atletico win the league this weekend, then FCB-ATM would also be brought forward. That's what I've read anyway.

Classic idiocy indeed. Can they not just keep it simple and play all the games at the same time like any normal league?

• Advertisement

As a Valencia fan I don't mind staggering some games as it means I can catch the league title denouement as well as my own team's game, it's the messing around I can't stand. In fairness they have been better this season, publishing KO times up to four weeks in advance (!). Am a bit worried that next season Valencia will be stuck in the Monday 10pm slot like Athletic Bilbao were this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

As someone with an exam on the Monday morning, I will be 100% behind Espanyol this weekend :pac:

Some noise at the Vicente Calderon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Did they turn em off on Sky? :pac:

Yeah it's fecking mute almost. :(

• Advertisement

Brilliant from Raul Garcia. Sitter from Villa.

Villa and Iniesta unlucky not to score. Villa should have scored.

Villa hits the bar! Been a while since hes lead the line as costa is out.

Disgraceful dive. Well done referee.

Atleti getting very antsy here.

Barca should be ahead. Very profligate and some decent saves.

If Atleti and Barca draw and Madrid win does that make the perfect concoction for the final day? Or do Madrid require Atleti to lose?

Garcia missing a sitter there, spurning chances here.

klose wrote: »
    Garcia missing a sitter there, spurning chances here.

Story of both matches. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Jesus Ramos, the hell is that

Real 1 down

• Advertisement
Advertisement