Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2014/15 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's tough to read a thread when it's covered in semen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Dunno what has to happen for Neymar to win a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Dunno what has to happen for Neymar to win a penalty.

I'm pretty sure the Valladolid players will have to hack at him with a samurai sword for it to even be considered a serious claim.

Moneymaker wrote: »

Well you're watching one of the greatest clubs in the world, with a group of players who have probably been the best the club has ever produced, making their best ever start to a season and playing some jaw dropping football.

Having watched Bayern and Barca this week i feel like the best of German and Spanish football is head and shoulders above anything England or Italy has to offer again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

But.......it's the best semen in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barca won 4-1 but jeez are they guilty of overplaying. I know you could say Sanchez was selfless but really Neymar was in a worse position to shoot than he was. Not once did a winger actually run past someone. Pep brought Cuenca and Tello into the team for those reasons (all those seasons ago). The team is far too compact and against an organised defence with decent technical ability going forward fast they'll be mullered.

Jernal wrote: »
    Barca won 4-1 but jeez are they guilty of overplaying. I know you could say Sanchez was selfless but really Neymar was in a worse position to shoot than he was. Not once did a winger actually run past someone. Pep brought Cuenca and Tello into the team for those reasons (all those seasons ago). The team is far too compact and against an organised defence with decent technical ability going forward fast they'll be mullered.

I don't agree at all. The passing this season seems to be more incisive than last season, the more aggressive press has made winning the ball closer to the opposition goal more likely but more than any of that, the addition of Neymar adds so much because here is a player who will be played out wide who can, and routinely does, go past a player and whose link up and quick half touch passing is already at a Barcelona level. Infact I'd argue that the way Barcelona are playing right now is the most impressive it's been in a couple of years, I think they've been superb and there is so many positives in the squad right now. Sanchez, Fabregas, Valdes, Pedro and Bartra are all in excellent form, Neymar adds a new dimension to the team and, almost miraculously, Xavi Hernandez looks more mobile now than he has done in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Having watched Bayern and Barca this week i feel like the best of German and Spanish football is head and shoulders above anything England or Italy has to offer again this season.

Didn't Napoli beat Dortmund?

• Advertisement

I'd be fairly confident Atleti or Dortmund would beat any English or Italian side over 2 legs. Not even mentioning Bayern, Barca or Real.
    Well you're watching one of the greatest clubs in the world, with a group of players who have probably been the best the club has ever produced, making their best ever start to a season and playing some jaw dropping football.

We know. We don't need gratuitous, ott reminders of it every 5 minutes though.

I'd be fairly confident Atleti or Dortmund would beat any English or Italian side over 2 legs. Not even mentioning Bayern, Barca or Real.

We know. We don't need gratuitous, ott reminders of it every 5 minutes though.

I'm not sure that we do all know, I also don't think it was every 5 minutes and while my comments may seem gratuitous and over the top, that is simply how I speak, and as a result, write.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Madrid won't win anything this year
    this Madrid team reminds of Ancelotti's PSG they have no clear way of playing
    Neymar has been superb since going to Barca
    i think in 3-4 years he will #1 in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Get in atleti 2-0 up with 20 to go, costa with a brace which brings him to ten goals in eight games now.

Are the tides really turning in madrid? Real are barely stuttering along in the league while atleti are lethal, long may it continue. The most inform team in europe alongside roma

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

2-1 now, and Celta all over Atletico

Half time at Pamplona and it's 0-0. Lots of possession, some very clever interplay in the build up as they probe Osasuna but yet to find the killer touch. Neymar in particular looking dangerous, picking up some nice pockets of space and making sharp runs beyond the backline.

• Advertisement

Blistering, incisive run by Neymar but Montoya doesn't take full advantage of the opportunity.

And here comes Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

This is very tame from Barcelona, no real dangers.

Set up delightfully for atleti :)

C'mon Atleti! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Iniesta, Adriano, Cesc and Montoya were pretty poor. Puyol makes the defence look so secure though.

• Advertisement

Been a while since i've seen Barca that impotent going forward. Great chance for Atleti.

miralize wrote: »
    Iniesta, Adriano, Cesc and Montoya were pretty poor. Puyol makes the defence look so secure though.

Thought Cesc was ok. Andriano and Montoya were terrible at times. Iniesta's not his usual self. Some of that may be down to the way Tata wants him to play.

Barca's pressing was non existent. That said, it was Osasuana away and there were symptoms of the Fifa virus :p

Atleti look like they're pulling a Barca at the moment. Very poor game so far.

Jernal wrote: »
    C'mon Atleti! :D

Aw fook! :( I jinxed them.

C'mon Espanyol! ! !

Woeful from Atleti. Great chance down the drain.

**** it anways

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Atleti scored after 14 seconds tonight against Betis. Some horrible defending.

It's been a pretty quiet game since.

2-0 to Atleti, David Villa with a good header. Puts some space between themselves and Real.

Villa gets a second, that'll be 3-1. Very good second have from Atleti so far.

Olivier Torres could be a serious star in the future.

• Advertisement

Olivier Torres could be a serious star in the future.

Absolutely. Saw him play for the Spanish under 19 side the summer before last and he was the best player in that incredibly talented squad which ended up as European champions of that age group. He is also reportedly a Barcelona fan which only makes me like him all the more;)

Another goal for Diego Costa, he can't stop scoring. Surely he's first choice for Spain in Brazil(provided he's allowed play for them ofc).

Oliver Torres is supposedly why atletico got Villa so cheaply, with Barcelona apparently getting first refusal on him.

Another goal for Diego Costa, he can't stop scoring. Surely he's first choice for Spain in Brazil(provided he's allowed play for them ofc).

Without a doubt, although Torres could challenge him.

Ohh stunning strike from Fabregas rebounds off the bar and keeper and trickles into the net after Barca knock it around the Celta box with some rapid fire one touch passing.

Feckin Fifa Goal.

Cesc Fabregas continues his excellent, Barcelona-career defining season. Messi, his head always on a swivel, sees the right pass, the weight is perfect and Fabregas drives it low and hard to the front post, lovely goal that should kill what has been a difficult game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Barcelona derby on Friday?

dfx- wrote: »
    Barcelona derby on Friday?

Yeah strange isn't it. 8pm Irish time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Bale just scored for Madrid against Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He nearly had a second there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

ollie1 wrote: »
    Bale just scored for Madrid against Sevilla

Very nice goal too and he's playing well.

Think some people were a bit too quick to write him off at Madrid. He's still a quality player. £90 no, obviously not, and Madrid did poor business selling Ozil and Higuian to finance the move, but Bale is still a quality player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oof. Should be on a hat trick now!

Think he was 33/1 for the hatrick. I looked at it but never gave it any consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Well they all count! Just scored from a massively deflected free kick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

3-0 now Ronaldo with the goal. Madrid have been brilliant

Madrid usually only get those gifts when they're drawing in the last minute. Was surprised to see the ref giving at 2-0. Joke of a penalty decision.

Despite the fortuitous 2nd and 3rd goals, it has to be said Madrid have been very impressive.

Watching this on a stream with French commentary and the commentator just starting singing, very strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

ollie1 wrote: »
    3-0 now Ronaldo with the goal. Madrid have been brilliant

They've been good, but Bale's 2nd was a total fluke and the foul for the peno was outside the box. Harsh on Seville

There'll be over 10 penos at this rate. Ref handing them out for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Football will soon for a non-contact sport.

• Advertisement
Advertisement