Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biomedical science .

• 18-08-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey , All going to plan I'll be an incoming student of biomedical science in ucc/cit this year. Frankly, I know no one and was interested in who else will be doing this course .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tipperaryguy

I'll be there anyway! No idea what it's going to be like but I'm looking forward to it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BioDylan

Hey guys! My names Dylan and I'm going to be going into my 4th year of biomed in UCC this year! If ye have any questions I would be happy to help!

I'm involved in a programme in UCC called uLink peer support in which students from 2nd, 3rd and 4th of a particular course are linked with 1st years!

Here is a link with details and how to contact the biomed peer supporters! http://www.ucc.ie/en/pass/supportleaders/sefs/uLinkFlyerBioMedSciences2013A5(35).pdf

Looking forward to meeting you guys in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erinharrington

Hello to all aswell :D im going to be in this course aswell and it would be nice to know someone going into it O.O :P hehe

Where are ye planning on booking accommodation in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erinharrington

Where are ye planning on booking accommodation in the city?

I be living at home a bus away, corkgal yenno :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Faye Morton

Hey I'm going into first year biomed in UCC, this is probably the most stupid question ever but do you have to make two registration payments for UCC and CIT?

Hey I'm going into first year biomed in UCC, this is probably the most stupid question ever but do you have to make two registration payments for UCC and CIT?

There's no silly questions when it comes to this course! I'm sure it'll be explained in that e-mail we'll get..eventually

There's no silly questions when it comes to this course! I'm sure it'll be explained in that e-mail we'll get..eventually

Okay thanks a lot :) I hope not anyway cos that will be expensive haha :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Depends who is in charge of running the course, I'm the same in Architecture, but I pay fees to ucc but in two years CIT will be taking over the administration. If you have gotten an email from UCC saying to register and pay fees then that's the only one.

Got an email off UCC today about registration and UCC portal . I filled in the regristration part 1 online this evening and they're looking for fees. NOt sure whether to pay or wait to see what CIT have to say? All the fees can't be going to UCC alone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

According to this you're paying CIT this year. http://www.ucc.ie/en/cr320/

Thank god we got the email! I haven't registered yet ill probably do it tomorrow :) I think ucc just takes over everything! I've never got an email from cit before:) maybe ring cork :)

We have to pay 160EURO capitation fee to UCC for stuff like MArdyke membership and 155euro to CIT capitation fee and then the fees themselves go to CIT. They said they're going to being sending out a pack in the next few days to explain it?

We have to pay 160EURO capitation fee to UCC for stuff like MArdyke membership and 155euro to CIT capitation fee and then the fees themselves go to CIT. They said they're going to being sending out a pack in the next few days to explain it?

Okay that doesn't sound to bad! I haven't even done the registeration part yet I've logged on but it seems so long and confusing :P

I got a letter from CIT I think we have to pay €2500 for the fees And we have to register for cit too:)

Did anyone pick modules/electives during there registration? I didn't see anything about picking things!

Did anyone pick modules/electives during there registration? I didn't see anything about picking things!

Are you talking about the UCC registration thing? as far as i can see we're all doing the same 9 modules this year? there was no choice doing the UCC one

I'm going down to my accommodation tomorow and i cant find the sheet about what stuff we need to bring for registration?:confused::confused: i printed off the UCC form for tuesday. Anyone remind me of the things we need for both because i wont be home until the weekend before classes start? thanks :D:D

Advertisement