Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Taxi Company Opportunity Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 antipuker

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    If you want to put it like that the driver is giving "up to 100% discount" on his first 5-10 fares every week from the radio company.
    Not arguing, just my company base works out at a tenner a day, after that I'm in profit, I never feel out of pocket as the a/c,s cover the base and I never have to hand over cash.

One day I'll try hailo , when they business grows and allows for more participants or whatever new App' comes in to compete, I'll give them a shot, I've always espoused new technology, but until hailo can take bookings or cater to special requests , they'll remain a niche market, I wish them luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

At last a bit of honesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Depends on how much you have to invest in

A System
    B Marketing

You need pda system like Hailo (Excellent ) or Xpert .(Useless)

Its all about marketing and how loud are you , the best one in is and was Global Cabs ( 82020 ) , however they got a big hit by Hailo , which has put a dent but still global are playing strong because of account work they have .

Account work is something liked by despatch operators and hated by drivers.

I been all the situation , i.e from driving around to trying to negotiate a big client to running a busy control .

The idea has always been , the more drivers make the more you will , make their like easy and your life will be easy .

Running without monthly or weekly is great for drivers but for you it will mean providing system and service and only budgeted commission .

At last a bit of honesty!
    Thanks Pete, just as an aside, ALL my posts are honest, have a good w/end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I would use a taxi company if the taxis were modern and always clean. The driver wasnt talking BS and got the hint to shut up. Also he followed the route I want to go( I have lived in Dublin for 20 years I think I know the shortest route to my house).

Also if the drivers were honest. If you lose your phone in a taxi good luck getting it back

• Advertisement

Bigcheeze's point is well made, it is Hailo and it's benefits that consumers love. A record of the driver/car, an electrocic receipt,and a much greater level of personal security, no pickup fee and you only have to go out on the street when it actually arrives, auto card payment facility... the list goes on.

As it happens I have some inside knowledge of Hailo in Ireland, when it was first introduced they offered the drivers a 2 Euro passenger "no show" credit. Guess what happened some drivers were making the calls to get the 2 yoyos!! You gotta love 'em!

There are many really great taxi drivers out there who do a great job, look after their cars with great pride and often go the extra mile to provide helpful service, I salute them. Sadly the industry has also attracted some individuals who have brought a lot of bad PR on their trade. The likes of Hailo will help increase the quality of the overall taxi service if we the consumers make complaints about bad manners. chancy route taking, dirty drivers/cars etc etc.
    Is it true hailo are bringing out best routes with jobs? would be good for the passenger whose right it is to choose the route anyway, and they'd know if the driver was taking the long way round etc.

DubTony wrote: »
    I see you've just got loads to contribute. I was IN the pub. I don't make a habit of going outside to see if there's a lift home when I can use an app from the comfort of my seat.

And you should start looking for another job. Yours is about to be outsourced to the 21st century.
    I'm in the game 21 years, my company, 58, not going anywhere soon, I might give GO-TAXI a shot, they're launching soon AND they're Irish.

hfallada wrote: »
    I would use a taxi company if the taxis were modern and always clean. The driver wasnt talking BS and got the hint to shut up. Also he followed the route I want to go( I have lived in Dublin for 20 years I think I know the shortest route to my house).

Also if the drivers were honest. If you lose your phone in a taxi good luck getting it back
    100% traceability with a cabco, in my case we're not around for over fifty years for nothing, feel free to give us a try @ http://www.bluecabs.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

The volume of trade done by Hailo or Global (82020) in Dublin is not comparable with any other at the moment .

Being in love with a base is all together different than actually working . There are 2 ways to look at taxi work , have an easy life do 1 or 2 job in an hour , or keep on running with the radio and looking for job madly and you will end up atleast 3 or 4 jobs per hour on average in a 12 hour shift .

Day Shift and Night Shift has their own dynamics .

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

3 or 4 jobs per hr on average!!!!!! yeah right for 3hrs on a fri/sat nite I don't care what company or app you have.

• Advertisement

topdost wrote: »
    The volume of trade done by Hailo or Global (82020) in Dublin is not comparable with any other at the moment .

Being in love with a base is all together different than actually working . There are 2 ways to look at taxi work , have an easy life do 1 or 2 job in an hour , or keep on running with the radio and looking for job madly and you will end up atleast 3 or 4 jobs per hour on average in a 12 hour shift .

Day Shift and Night Shift has their own dynamics .
    Impossible, but I admire your enthusiasm, contact revenue.ie for details.lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 motorola_taxi

Thanks for all your feedback so far! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    As one of their drivers explained to me, if you complain to a radio company then it costs them EUR 5k a year in revenue to kick out a driver so they won't do it. It costs Hailo nothing to remove a driver as they rely on passengers for their revenue.....which is why they spent a few quid for your loyalty.

All the drivers I've met are very positive about it.

drivers pay 4 per cent on credit card work,paid to hailo and a percentage for cash work , not sure how much , it does cost hailo..

Advertisement