Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics/fortune tellers

Options
  • 18-08-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good one in or around the city ? Willing to travel though if the best are a bit away :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

Can anyone recommend a good one in or around the city ? Willing to travel though if the best are a bit away :)
    i know kay mullally she based up near fethard co tipp but if you were to organise a group of say ten she would travel to you and do readings in your own home for ya, she costs €40 but naturally the host is usually free thats the way she normally does it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I'll tell you your future in this thread for €2,000.

I can see a refusal of an offer happening soon in your life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Don't waste you're money on this nonsense. Its the 21st century and time we left this dark age woo behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Beeker wrote: »
    Don't waste you're money on this nonsense. Its the 21st century and time we left this dark age woo behind.

I went to one once and she was surprisingly accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

My mother went to one years ago and the lady told some stuff about me. A lot of it actually came true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Plenty of people find truth in it and its a great alternative for something to do :) .. I didn't ask for beliefs just if people could recommend someone in the area as most work off word of mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Plenty of people find truth in it and its a great alternative for something to do :) .. I didn't ask for beliefs just if people could recommend someone in the area as most work off word of mouth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Dr. Baltar wrote: »

It's also very easy to be "right" with a massive number of generalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just go up to anybody. Anywhere at anytime. Offer them cash to tell you some stuff. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ill do one for you, pm me if you like. I will need a few details from you first of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's years since I've had a reading and when I went for readings it was more for entertainment than anything.

Yeah some are very good at cold reading but I've been to 2 people who were scarily accurate and both taped the readings and when family and friends heard the taped readings they noticed that I didn't give any verbal information before or during the readings.

The first one (in UK) didn't even look at me when she read my hands and when read the cards apart from when she asked me to shuffle them.

Kay Mullally was the second one, she was so scarily accurate and told me that one of the 2 older men in my life, my Dad or my father in law would become ill before the end of the year and he'd pass in 18 months and she went to far as to describe what he'd die from which turned out to be spot on as he developed a rare type of cancer but what got him was the scar tissue eroding the wall of his heart, she even got the timetable of his illness spot on. She told me plenty of other stuff that was accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Complete waste of money. fairy tale bull****.

Donate the money to charity if you really want to throw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Heres one for you - charges €50

http://www.angelconnections.ie/

Heres one for you - charges €50

http://www.angelconnections.ie/
    Make sure she has a good protractor though. You don't want to spend 50 quid, only to find she's misread your angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's all rubbish, anything they say is cold reading, guesswork or generalisations.
    People like Derren Brown and Keith Barry have exposed these frauds.

JPA wrote: »
    It's all rubbish, anything they say is cold reading, guesswork or generalisations.
    People like Derren Brown and Keith Barry have exposed these frauds.
    I fairness, they're not all frauds. Some are genuinely delusional.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Beeker wrote: »

+1. give your spare money to charity as anyone engaging in psychic nonsense has plenty to throw around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

also read about the barnum effect

deisemum wrote: »
    It's years since I've had a reading and when I went for readings it was more for entertainment than anything.

Yeah some are very good at cold reading but I've been to 2 people who were scarily accurate and both taped the readings and when family and friends heard the taped readings they noticed that I didn't give any verbal information before or during the readings.

The first one (in UK) didn't even look at me when she read my hands and when read the cards apart from when she asked me to shuffle them.

Kay Mullally was the second one, she was so scarily accurate and told me that one of the 2 older men in my life, my Dad or my father in law would become ill before the end of the year and he'd pass in 18 months and she went to far as to describe what he'd die from which turned out to be spot on as he developed a rare type of cancer but what got him was the scar tissue eroding the wall of his heart, she even got the timetable of his illness spot on. She told me plenty of other stuff that was accurate.

Kay seems like a good option so thanks ! Yeah the true people are shown when they give detailed info rather than I see money coming into your life bla bla ... Thanks for sharing and actually answering the thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

A group of us had Kay visit and give readings a few years ago. She predicted that 2 of my friends would marry 2 lads that are best friends and we all laughed and scoffed at the idea. And both of them are getting married in the next year to best friends!
    She talked a lot about my granddad who i didn't know very well because he passed away when i was small but when i told my mam what Kay said, mam couldn't believe how accurate it was. It definitely wasn't something I was hinting at and I couldn't have been giving her the information to tell me because i didn't know it was true until I got home that night.

All of us in the group took everything with a pinch of salt, just did it for the craic, but an awful lot of what she said was accurate and came true.

I'd love to go see Kay again so if you get a number can you pass it on to me please?

A group of us had Kay visit and give readings a few years ago. She predicted that 2 of my friends would marry 2 lads that are best friends and we all laughed and scoffed at the idea. And both of them are getting married in the next year to best friends!
    She talked a lot about my granddad who i didn't know very well because he passed away when i was small but when i told my mam what Kay said, mam couldn't believe how accurate it was. It definitely wasn't something I was hinting at and I couldn't have been giving her the information to tell me because i didn't know it was true until I got home that night.

All of us in the group took everything with a pinch of salt, just did it for the craic, but an awful lot of what she said was accurate and came true.

I'd love to go see Kay again so if you get a number can you pass it on to me please?

Pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭M25

Could I get Kay's number too please? :)

deisemum wrote: »

i know kay mullally personally as was in relationship with her eldest daughter and any time she read my cards they were spot on

In the grand tradition of Amazon...

Hey! If you enjoyed psychic/fortune teller, you may also be interested in....

unicornpoots.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

er50.jpg
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I hear this lad is at a loose end atm, you could probably get him over for a few ham sammiches and some shells from woodstown beach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Pretty much what i would like to do.

QGaPiXk.gif

lads ye are pack of sceptics!!grand there is a few out there who do con people but there are also genuine people who can read your fortune, don't knock something until ya try it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

well id give it a go if the price was reasonable

Advertisement