Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirituality/Meditation Portlaoise

• 18-08-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys!
    I was wondering if anyone knows of spiritualist or meditation groups in Portlaoise? There is meditation in the parish centre on Tuesdays which I am going to try but I don't know if it's a catholic thing, mindfulness...?
    I have a deep interest in spirituality and healing but don't know many people who have followed that path. I often visit a certain angel shop just to talk to like minded people. Most of my information has come from books as I spend a great deal of time reading in the library and at home. I know that we do not always need others to hold our hand as we go along this path but to meet like-minded people and just share information and experiences would be great.
    Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I think a lot of spiritualist stuff would be considered heresy against the CC, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Looshkin

That's what I was wondering so I'm not sure what kind of 'meditation' group it is. Pity there isn't a spiritualist group around, or at least I've yet to find one.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ask the people in the Angel shop. If anyone is going to know, they will.

There are so many types of meditation, for instance, I began doing meditation as part of a yoga class. The more you meet people in this area, the more it will open up for you.

I'm not involved in spirtualism much anymore, but there used to be a church in Dublin. If you can track them down, they may point you in the direction of people in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Looshkin

They told me there's a group in Rathangan Kildare so I might check that out. They do group meditations which could be nice. There are yoga classes here but they don't seem to put much emphasis on meditation which is odd. I try to do yoga at home as I find it quite relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Gumbi wrote: »
    I think a lot of spiritualist stuff would be considered heresy against the CC, no?

There used to be yoga classes there, and other stuff like that. And the Irish School of Natural Healing (which places a huge emphasis on spirituality) used to hold lectures and seminars there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement