Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten Free Chinese Greystones

Options
  • 18-08-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I recently contacted Jade Royal Chinese takeaway in Greystones to see if they could cater Gluten Free.

When I phoned, the lady explained that everything was gluten free. When I questioned about batter, she said they used potato flour and for egg noodles corn flour was used.

I ordered battered chicken and felt fine afterwards with no reaction.

Has anyone else ordered from them? It just seems to good to be true!!

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've moved this to the Greystones & Charlesland forum because you're much more likely to get helpful replies in here.

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I would be extremely sceptical about eating anything in a Chinese - even the fried rice normally has soy sauce in it?

Glad that you felt ok after eating it - it is reassuring that they could name the ingredients for the noodles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

lofitz wrote: »
    Hi, I recently contacted Jade Royal Chinese takeaway in Greystones to see if they could cater Gluten Free.

When I phoned, the lady explained that everything was gluten free. When I questioned about batter, she said they used potato flour and for egg noodles corn flour was used.

I ordered battered chicken and felt fine afterwards with no reaction.

Has anyone else ordered from them? It just seems to good to be true!!

Thanks,

Great to hear this.
    Newly diagnosed Coeliac, and I miss Chinese food. It does sound too good to be true tbh, but it sounds like it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Great to hear this.
    Newly diagnosed Coeliac, and I miss Chinese food. It does sound too good to be true tbh, but it sounds like it's worth a shot.

My Mam is a Coeliac and she made friends with her local Chinese ( she was a great customer before her diagnosis) and they have her Gluten Free Soy sauce in the kitchen, or sometimes she brings her own, and for the Aromatic Duck they use Lettuce leaves instead of pancakes.

Advertisement