Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to connect a panic button to an old 6/10 hkc panel

Options
  • 18-08-2013 7:21pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My mother in law got a guy out during the week to fit a panic button to her alarm, he has it wired into the tamper side of zone 5, the PA works ok, but it only rings the internal bell, is there any way I can wire it so as it will ring off the external bell which will then activate the dialler.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What a cowboy. Get him back to do the job right.:eek:
    Also don't pay him any more. This was a simple job he should have finished while he was there. How some guys like this are licenced is beyond me.
    If he has it as a tamper then he has to wire it into a zone at the panel & programme that as Panic.
    A simple 5 more minutes onto the job.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That's exactly what I thought alright, problem is, this guy was only interested in selling her a new panel and a dialler, he was looking for every excuse possible not to do the job, I just want to sort it for her now if possible.

I recently swapped out my own 6/10 for a 1070 and put in a dialler, I reckon with the right guidance, I should be able to manage this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What you need to do is find the pair that the panic button is connected to . Take it out of the tamper, put it into a separate zone & program that zone as panic.

Problem there is there are no spare zones left on the panel, the panel is wired that zone 1 is frontdoor, zones 2,3,4 are doubled up and used for windows, and zones 5,and 6 are two PIR's, he just had it connected to the tamper side of the hall sensor in zone 5.

Just series in zone 4 and 5 into zone 4 and wire you panic button into 5.

• Advertisement

Got it going today, had a bit of doubling up to do in the end, but it's now working as intended. Thanks a million koolkid

;)Your welcome..

Advertisement