Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article still online 2012 - according to piece in Galway Independant

Options
  • 18-08-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

"Guys, my advice is simple: grow a pair. Follow my example, take her down off that pedestal, and be more like yours truly. See women for what they really are: something to be enjoyed and used. They are complicated and illogical so until you find one that you can half put up with enjoy playing the field."

http://galwayindependent.com/stories/item/4642/2012-45/No-more-Mr-Nice-Guy

Really fantastic editorial choice allowing that to be printed... And the fact it is still online... Wonder did they ever apologise for it, does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It was designed to get a rise out of people and be idiotic. Not really worth a jot responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I dunno, the guy who writes that stuff has other 'opinion' pieces there, on the website, the most revent stating :Yes it might get you a night of half hearted fumbling between the sheets but to some guys that’s as meaningful as a politician’s promise. You’re not doing anybody any favours by holding out for this seeming perfect partner, whining to your friends, living a deluded fantasy letting life pass you by. As James Patterson once said “What’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?”

Build a bridge, get over it and get under the next one.

I realise that it was to get a response, this guy has a facebook page and is a disgusting character, mysogynist and nasty bit of work, i Just dont get how the independent can produce this stuff... what purpose does it do.. why would they give this dick a platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If you are that offended by it then contact the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It's tongue in cheek, as are his twitter feed and his interviews on Ryan Tubridy and on iRadio.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

It's the tongue in cheek account of someone who is learning to deal with oneitis.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=oneitis

• Advertisement
Advertisement