Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭johneugene

Gutted. My course jumped by 55 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Definitely got nothing according to that paper. My third year in a row doing the CAO and got nothing. Luck is obviously not on my side. Good luck to ye all starting your college career. Obviously I'm destined to work ****ty jobs and be on the dole forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

id imagine you go by the higher of the two i.e economics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think you might have to wait until 6 tbh dude. I have no idea how they sort them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

Vivara wrote: »
    "Sort of".

But not really. My second choice is Economics and German, which was 490 last year. There's no way of figuring out from that, unless there actually is.

I *think* it's the same amount of points as the subject of the two which has the highest points as a single honours degree. But I'm not 100% sure. I fell asleep in most of my career guidance classes. haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

Page 1 isn't fully loading for me, It only loads half of Dit Can someone tell me the points for Clinical measurements In DIT? PLease

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

Yeah I know it doesn't define one's intelligence but up until I got my results I would have said I put a lot of work in. Now I've realised that going to the library for the whole day and probably only getting one or two hours good study done is all I did. And I only started going to the library around 4/5 weeks before. Thanks for that though, nice way of phrasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LBowe94

BittaTrig wrote: »
    Page 1 isn't fully loading for me, It only loads half of Dit Can someone tell me the points for Clinical measurements In DIT? PLease

450 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GavisconExtra

LBowe94 wrote: »
    450 :-)

Cheers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

phish wrote: »
    id imagine you go by the higher of the two i.e economics?

No, definitely not! Economics and German was only 490 last year.
    I think you might have to wait until 6 tbh dude. I have no idea how they sort them anyway.

Yup, I think so.
    I *think* it's the same amount of points as the subject of the two which has the highest points as a single honours degree. But I'm not 100% sure. I fell asleep in most of my career guidance classes. haha

You can't do these subjects as single honours!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

**** my course went up 35 points

Vivara wrote: »
    "Sort of".

But not really. My second choice is Economics and German, which was 490 last year. There's no way of figuring out from that, unless there actually is.

EDIT: When I'm saying "my", I'm actually here with someone else who wants to know. I did my LC a few years ago, but I just thought it made more sense to use my until I thought that anyone reading my other posts would think I'm a complete liar :D
    :D

Aye, can cause confusion when you try to keep things simple.

I don't know weither or not to call my mate to tell him his course points :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

450 as far as I can tell. Is it DT229?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

CS in UCC went up 90 points to 430, weird.

450 as far as I can tell. Is it DT229?

Well I'm not sure it's not my course it's a friends, All i know is the course is called clinical measurements Thanks a million BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Lamina wrote: »
    Definitely got nothing according to that paper. My third year in a row doing the CAO and got nothing. Luck is obviously not on my side. Good luck to ye all starting your college career. Obviously I'm destined to work ****ty jobs and be on the dole forever.

I know there's nothing anyone can say right now that's gonna make you feel any less gutted, but really sorry to hear of your bad luck and I'd urge you not to give up - don't let numbers on a page decide your future. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katiyao

Dont worry, HEAR should bump you up for something small like that! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Ryank9

Man please dont give up whatever u do lamina u can get it even a plc.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFnmsCnr6g this guy here took 12yr to get a 4 yr degree and now he has a phD on the cusp! please endure !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 GavisconExtra

Anyone else for Business and Law in UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

Only going into 6th year but hoping to do Radiography in UCD next year , great news that its dropped from 560 to 535 but knowing my luck it will probably be 570 points this time next year. For all you guys that just did the leaving , is the myth that a majority of the work is done in 5th year true? Or can you save things in 6th year? How much work would you have put in for the leaving per day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

RebelLAD1 wrote: »
    Only going into 6th year but hoping to do Radiography in UCD next year , great news that its dropped from 560 to 535 but knowing my luck it will probably be 570 points this time next year. For all you guys that just did the leaving , is the myth that a majority of the work is done in 5th year true? Or can you save things in 6th year? How much work would you have put in for the leaving per day?

Nah, 6th year can really turn you around and bring up your points massively! Don't linger on the myth that 5th year is where the magic happens, or it'll be a self fulfilling prophecy and you'll never get down to work.

I did a lot more work in 6th year than I did 5th, and I came out alright on the other end!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

You do the majority of the "course content" in fifth year, but from what I have seen, definitely not the majority of the "work".

BUT please, just do consistent work. If you don't, you will really hit yourself on days like today.

That's the only secret. And also, knowing when to get help when a subject isn't working out i.e. with grinds and stuff.

Ofc you can save things in 6th year, but you need to work hard if you've dossed 5th year. Start from the start of the year.

Guys I'm confused Both my first and second choices are the same amount of points what does this mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tmboy95

Sorry lads but is it me or is psychiatric nursing in UL not down at all? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Guys I'm confused Both my first and second choices are the same amount of points what does this mean?

If you have enough points you get your first choice

If you have enough points for both, you will be offered your first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Straight Talking Online Frank

you get offered your first

Advertisement