Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Fad wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain I will get the offer I want in the morning, like I cleared last year's points by like 85*, but jesus I didn't think I'd be nervous about this, I've been through this before like, I know how it works *shakes head*

Like what happens if Mary in the CAO office didn't like the sound my voice when I rang asking how to pay because what on earth is a Bank Giro? and blacklisted me and is going to send me on some strange course that consists of purely cutting turf in Offaly?? Or some course involving the sea, I'm terrified of the sea!

*For anyone who finds this frustrating and thinks I'm boasting, I'm probably 5 years older than you, feel better now? :P

that is quite literally the best thing that ive ever read! I vote this for best post in the blowies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Side note... have fun with this thread, hard to believe it's been two years since I stayed up all night waiting for the scans of the Irish Times (and watching the thread go completely crazy with 5-10 posts a second). Even better when I found out I'd be getting an offer for my course, you'll never forget the feeling.

Good luck!
    I'm pretty certain I will get the offer I want in the morning, like I cleared last year's points by like 85*, but jesus I didn't think I'd be nervous about this, I've been through this before like, I know how it works *shakes head*
    The auldies are back! :p:D
    Like what happens if Mary in the CAO office didn't like the sound my voice when I rang asking how to pay because what on earth is a Bank Giro? and blacklisted me and is going to send me on some strange course that consists of purely cutting turf in Offaly?? Or some course involving the sea, I'm terrified of the sea!
    Actually, they rang me a while back, Fad, they're sending you to NMCI

Telling Mary she sounded like a man on the phone didn't go down too well, apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

yournerd wrote: »
    Anyone for trinity halls?

Meeee hopefully! I'm hoping I get a spot in nanoscience in TCD, and I should get it with my points but the fact that there are only ten places on offer still makes me anxious, if I don't get that it'll be general science for me in TCD, I'm just excited to moving to Dublin from Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 adamb123

D3luka wrote: »
    MD201 is my first choice, i got 5 points more than last year so it's very 50/50

MD201 is technically my 1st choice too cause I failed Physics and needed it for 1st choice!
    Best of luck to you! :)

*For anyone who finds this frustrating and thinks I'm boasting, I'm probably 5 years older than you, feel better now? :P

Damn this made me laugh, need a laugh tonight! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The auldies are back! :p:D

Actually, they rang me a while back, Fad, they're sending you to NMCI

Telling Mary she sounded like a man on the phone didn't go down too well, apparently!

I was worried that place wasn't just a figment of my imagination!

She does though.

(In all honesty, the one woman I kept getting onto in the office was quite possibly the least helpful person I have ever spoken to in my life. Freakin' hate Mary...)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

adamb123 wrote: »
    MD201 is technically my 1st choice too cause I failed Physics and needed it for 1st choice!
    Best of luck to you! :)

thanks you too
    adamb123 wrote: »
    Damn this made me laugh, need a laugh tonight! :P

haha yes :P

I was worried that place wasn't just a figment of my imagination!
    It's actually a great facility for those going that direction; one of the few genuinely good ideas / investments of the boom.
    She does though.

(In all honesty, the one woman I kept getting onto in the office was quite possibly the least helpful person I have ever spoken to in my life. Freakin' hate Mary...)
    Lol, they're usually pretty ok down there actually. They get worn down sometimes though with the constant calls ... not all of which are sensible, to say the least! (Not saying yours weren't btw!)

Lol, they're usually pretty ok down there actually. They get worn down sometimes though with the constant calls ... not all of which are sensible, to say the least! (Not saying yours weren't btw!)

I called like a month after the general deadline, they should have had nothing but peace for weeks at that stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

It's nice to see I'm not alone, even in a similar boat to Fad. My second choice will have to jump by 50 points for me not to get an offer but as others have said, I probably won't get much sleep either way.

Good luck folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

sganyfx wrote: »
    I'll see you in BESS then? :P What first year module are you going to take from the Law, Russian etc?

Well I'll definitely be there, but if the points for maths come down you never know, you might just make maths! I think I'm going to do social policy actually. Languages were never my forte, and I just don't see much point in doing only a little bit of law; if a business ever needs legal advice they'll get in a lawyer/solicitor, not someone who has done a few modules on the topic. That's just my view though, mightn't be the case at all! And as for the Eastern European studies...meh, not really seeing myself travelling to Eastern Europe anytime soon. What about yourself? I take it you're aiming to go the economics route too?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

when excatly are the points for this year published on cao.ie? tomorrow along with the offers i guess :P

Due to the amount of times I have applied to the CAO, I'm expecting to be greeted with a "**** off, Baldrick", when I log in, in the morn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Hey guys! The best of luck tomorrow. I was in the same position as you all last year, and I would be with ye now if I had done TY. I was full sure I'd be up all night freaking out but by 2am I passed out :P then woken up by my alarm at 6am to a very frozen CAO site for like 10 minutes so I was going crazy then. That quickly followed by me running to my parents bawling crying saying I got my course! Seeing this thread brings back memories because I wrote on the one from last year :)

Again, best wishes everyone. Even if you don't get what you want, there's other ways in and you can always give the LC another go or wait for the other rounds of offers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mcd1800

I took a gap year and applied to Trinity this year for TSM Economics and Spanish...I did A levels but I have 625 points so I'm quietly confident :P

mcd1800 wrote: »
    I took a gap year and applied to Trinity this year for TSM Economics and Spanish...I did A levels but I have 625 points so I'm quietly confident :P

could you not with the 625 please...? :P

I called like a month after the general deadline, they should have had nothing but peace for weeks at that stage!
    It's *never* peaceful down there tbh. Christmas Day mabbeh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

It's *never* peaceful down there tbh. Christmas Day mabbeh? :pac:

The use of text-speak is prohibited on this forum. This is your first warning.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

is the only way to get another course not in your current cao is to reapply next year? i mean can you not update your course list for the 2nd round?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Straight Talking Online Frank

ray2012 wrote: »
    55 points over what is needed for applied languages in UL .. I'm hoping they don't go up like 60 points or something now. :P
    you do know the course was artificially low last year and is predicted to return to the pre 2012 points requirements this year.
    source: went to ul open day and the applied languages lecturer said so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm fairly confident that I have my course but this is all kinda exciting so I'll probably be here for the night. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Want excitment? The Blowies are on right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

ahmdoda wrote: »
    is the only way to get another course not in your current cao is to reapply next year? i mean can you not update your course list for the 2nd round?
    I don't think so but they may advertise vacant places if they don't fill the course with CAO applicants. If you were to apply that way, it would be like another kind of CAO form.

Otherwise, you can apply to a Further Education college completely separately to the CAO. I did FETAC and wouldn't really recommend it but you may be able to do a Higher National Diploma and then get straight into second or third year of a similar course at university.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

So what's the story with the offers, Do they come in the post or do they show on our CAO profiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Someone else might give you better advice, but I think the best thing to do now is accept whatever you get offered, start the course and then if you don't like it you can transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

BittaTrig wrote: »
    So what's the story with the offers, Do they come in the post or do you show on our CAO profiles?

Both, I think.

Yes, you do not get to update it again. Not all courses have second round offers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Well I'll definitely be there, but if the points for maths come down you never know, you might just make maths! I think I'm going to do social policy actually. Languages were never my forte, and I just don't see much point in doing only a little bit of law; if a business ever needs legal advice they'll get in a lawyer/solicitor, not someone who has done a few modules on the topic. That's just my view though, mightn't be the case at all! And as for the Eastern European studies...meh, not really seeing myself travelling to Eastern Europe anytime soon. What about yourself? I take it you're aiming to go the economics route too?

I'll probably end up doing the Social Policy or Russian. I think me and you are pretty much the same applicant :P But yeah I'll be going Economics route. What are you hoping to do for a career?

BittaTrig wrote: »
    So what's the story with the offers, Do they come in the post or do they show on our CAO profiles?

You'll get an offer online and one in the post, you can just accept it online and it's all gravy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

You'll get an offer online and one in the post, you can just accept it online and it's all gravy.

Cheers bud, Wish all of you's the best with the offers. Here's hoping I get mine

Advertisement