Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Got Nanoscience in Trinity, I Wanted this so bad! WOOOO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

DC121 Computer Applications.

YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kmf2012

anyone elses cao go a bit weird once they acceopted their offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

YEAH BUDDAY!

2kTg3AL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Ryank9

1st choice = Accepted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Got Angela's :D so ****in happy, feel like I'm going to cry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

GOT MARY I :D:D SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evds1

Got Nanoscience in Trinity, I Wanted this so bad! WOOOO :D
    Ah well done. I missed out on that thinking i was safe enough with 560 points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 WantedChaos

1st choice!!! BOOM!!! LIMERICK :D Soo happy! Hope everyone gets what they want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Well lads, for those of us who got a good offfer - it's been a long year and we've all worked hard and deserve this moment! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Got what I wanted so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 laurakilleen

GOT MIDWIFERY IN TRINITY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mazterm

I got 365 points in the leaving and now thanks to the dare scheme I just accepted science in dcu(450) :)
    Time to hit the hay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

I really don't know what to say. I didn't get my first offer and I don't know what to do. I never even considered this happening. I was 10 points off but the points are normally always hovering around 30 points less. Does it ever drop by much for round 2? I think I'll be crushed if I don't get into that course.

I wish there was a way I could check round 1 offers for previous years and not just the final minimum points count.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

Delighted for you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fusion19

I went to college to do law 2 years ago when i was 17 and hated it and after 2 long years of doing nothing im after getting my course in Dublin and couldnt be more thrilled

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NiaBlack

I was 25 points off Film and Screen Media in UCC... So I'm doing Arts (Art History and German, probably). Unless anyone thinks I could swing an internal transfer? I've a year done at UL and many extra-curricular film things done and I'd love to do the course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

inthezone wrote: »
    I really don't know what to say. I didn't get my first offer and I don't know what to do. I never even considered this happening. I was 10 points off but the points are normally always hovering around 30 points less. Does it ever drop by much for round 2? I think I'll be crushed if I don't get into that course.

I wish there was a way I could check round 1 offers for previous years and not just the final minimum points count.

I think that could be done by digging up the supplements for previous years which are bound to be floating around somewhere. Let me know if you want a hand grabbing multiple years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What course is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

kmf2012 wrote: »
    anyone elses cao go a bit weird once they acceopted their offer?
    What does it matter now?! :P
    Many schools will have a copy of the newspaper supplement on their noticeboards from last year. They contain round 1 offers, not the eventual cut-off point.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed but it's early days yet. I did a PLC last year and one of my classmates was bumped up on appeal. He got phone calls as late as October. you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Thank god for being on the HEAR scheme and being disadvantaged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pending

I think the 2012 figures quoted in the IT scans were first round points

Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Ok so I put Cork as my 2nd choice but I want Dublin really badly, I didn't think this through when filling out my CAO. TCD was 565* for my course and I got 565. What are the chances of getting an offer on 2nd round?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JackCreagh

Anyone else doing Law in Dit? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

LCchancer wrote: »
    GOT MARY I :D:D SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, see you there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

GrezzC wrote: »
    I think that could be done by digging up the supplements for previous years which are bound to be floating around somewhere. Let me know if you want a hand grabbing multiple years.

I'll try my best to find them somehow. If I can't I'll most certainly ask for your help! Thank you.
    What course is it?
    Business Studies in UL. It was 375 last year and I was so sure my 400 would of had me covered, but the points are 410 (which I was shocked by!)
    jrmb wrote: »

Many schools will have a copy of the newspaper supplement on their noticeboards from last year. They contain round 1 offers, not the eventual cut-off point.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed but it's early days yet. I did a PLC last year and one of my classmates was bumped up on appeal. He got phone calls as late as October. you'll be fine.

Hopefully (: Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

Woo hoo first choice :))) trinity here I come, can't actually believe that I've done it! Seeing my offer waiting for me like a little faithful friend was so worth it all! Well done to everyone :D
    My question is when do we hear from our college!?! When I accepted, it said all further material will be sent by your institution or something along those lines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

Hey jack! No I am starting in DIT too though, design and visual communications :) just letting you know in 2014 we are due to be moved to the new campus in grangegorman!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

evds1 wrote: »
    Ah well done. I missed out on that thinking i was safe enough with 560 points :(

aw im sorry, i knew the points would rise but not by 70 points that was crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

JackCreagh wrote: »
    Anyone else doing Law in Dit? :D

Yeah DT321 Law and Business!

Advertisement