Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JackCreagh

Jayla13 wrote: »
    Hey jack! No I am starting in DIT too though, design and visual communications :) just letting you know in 2014 we are due to be moved to the new campus in grangegorman!!!!

Awesome and congrats :D yes i heard about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jayla13

Megacampus!!!!

Have you all woke your family to tell them? Or are you waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Hey guys just checking the 2012 1st round offers and final offers the points all drop a lot for the final offer look here http://www2.cao.ie/points/lv8_12.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok so I put Cork as my 2nd choice but I want Dublin really badly, I didn't think this through when filling out my CAO. TCD was 565* for my course and I got 565. What are the chances of getting an offer on 2nd round?
    I'm afraid it's a waiting game again, dude. There's a definite chance, yes, if they have places to offer in R2, but no guarantees.
    Hey jack! No I am starting in DIT too though, design and visual communications :) just letting you know in 2014 we are due to be moved to the new campus in grangegorman!!!!
    Really? I didn't think they were that far advanced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

didnt get my first choice last year, was 35 points off. done a PLC, applied for the same course using my LC points. got into HEAR this year though. went up by another 30 leaving me 65 points off it.

but i fcuking got it, im in shock and tears here, i dont know what to do with myself i havent even clicked accept yet

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Anyone interested in how much a specific course dropped in the second round LAST YEAR (2012) have a look at this:

mossy95 wrote: »
    Hey guys just checking the 2012 1st round offers and final offers the points all drop a lot for the final offer look here http://www2.cao.ie/points/lv8_12.pdf
    Where are you getting the first round points?

The ones on the right are the mid-points, not the same thing at all.

Edit: Thanks again, Vivara, those are the right ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

Whoohoo!!Anybody else going to study BESS?

I'm afraid it's a waiting game again, dude. There's a definite chance, yes, if they have places to offer in R2, but no guarantees.

Really? I didn't think they were that far advanced!

Only mountjoy square and Portland row are being moved out Art, design and law students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

didnt get my first choice last year, was 35 points off. done a PLC, applied for the same course using my LC points. got into HEAR this year though. went up by another 30 leaving me 65 points off it.

but i fcuking got it, im in shock and tears here, i dont know what to do with myself i havent even clicked accept yet

Make sure you're there to vouch for just how beneficial the HEAR scheme is now when curiosity no doubt crops up again this year! Congratulations! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

Yes got it. Here I come dcu. needed 45o got 445 in lc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lkate

What are the points for pharmacy in UCC and Trinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Oh lord, my course didn't even drop from round 1 last year. I don't know what to do right now.

Only mountjoy square and Portland row are being moved out Art, design and law students
    Ah right, a phased move might be more realistic all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Got my first choice in UL by 125 spare points :D English and History here I come :D

lkate wrote: »

UCC:565

Trinity: 565*

Source: http://www2.cao.ie/points/l8_rnd1.htm#ck8

lkate wrote: »
    Trinity 565*

UCC 565 (without the random selection)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Absolutely delighted! Got my first choice! Repeating was a risk that paid off! Soooooo happy!!!!!
    Hope everybody is happy today! X x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Can someone help me with this? I'm kinda gutted right now. My course went to 505 this year, and I got 510 points but didn't get offered a place. I was always under the impression that if you got over the points required you automatically got a spot on the course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Can someone help me with this? I'm kinda gutted right now. My course went to 505 this year, and I got 510 points but didn't get offered a place. I was always under the impression that if you got over the points required you automatically got a spot on the course?

Are you sure you have calculated your points correctly? If you want to PM me your grades I can be sure and double-check them for you.

What course is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Does CAO have part time courses?

A friend of mine applied for a course on CAO and it was and is listed as a full time course on qualifax, but now he checked and is listed as part time course on college website involving just 8 hour attendance a week, evening or afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

was 300 last year, went up to 330 and i got 375! Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Are you sure that you met all of the requirements for the course besides the points? Like needs a science/ C3 in maths or something like that?

phish wrote: »
    Are you sure that you met all of the requirements for the course besides the points? Like needs a science/ C3 in maths or something like that?

Science in UCD needed a HL C3 in a science subject, I got an A2 in biology and I passed all the usual language, english etc requirements too so I'm very confused and I've just calculated my points again and I got 510 again. Ugh CAO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Leaving Certificate: Passes in six subjects including English, Irish, Mathematics (Min OB3/HD3), one laboratory science subject (or Applied Mathematics) (Min OB3/HD3) & two other recognised subjects. Two of the six subjects must be minimum HC3.

These are the requirements listed so besides that I'm not sure...

phish wrote: »
    Leaving Certificate: Passes in six subjects including English, Irish, Mathematics (Min OB3/HD3), one laboratory science subject (or Applied Mathematics) (Min OB3/HD3) & two other recognised subjects. Two of the six subjects must be minimum HC3.

These are the requirements listed so besides that I'm not sure...

I got A2's in Biology and English (HL), B1 in Irish (HL) and C1 in ordinary maths so I don't really understand.

dan786 wrote: »
    Does CAO have part time courses?

A friend of mine applied for a course on CAO and it was and is listed as a full time course on qualifax, but now he checked and is listed as part time course on college website involving just 8 hour attendance a week, evening or afternoon.
    It can have a few part-time courses, not usually though.

It may be between 2 different definitions of full-time ... a course is considered full-time by the HEA if it carries 60 ECTS credits per year, but if the teaching is blocked together, people are expected to find time for study at home, it can in practical terms be part-time in that you don't need to be on campus full-time.

Which course?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I got A2's in Biology and English (HL), B1 in Irish (HL) and C1 in ordinary maths so I don't really understand.

You needed a b3 in maths. Oh my god I am so sorry

Advertisement