Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

stetyrrell wrote: »
    I'm 5 points out on Computing in DIT, it took a 25 point jump but I only had 20 to spare over last years final. Does anyone know how it works with re-checks, if I get a few of my subjects rechecked and get it over the 375, will I get a place?

Computing in nci is as good if not better and it fell by 50 from 320

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,587 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

congrats to everyone who got offers.

Got 2 offers but taking the year out, at least i have my Higher Cert grad to look forward too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

Go can anyone answer me this please :)
    I got my first choice at 360, but only had 340. I'm eligable for HEAR but I haven't been told I got it through HEAR so how will I know if I did or not...? Thanks (:
    I don't think you're told the outcome from HEAR or DARE; you either get the course or you don't. You know you didn't have all the points so I presume HEAR did come into play.

I got my first choice at 360, but only had 340. I'm eligable for HEAR but I haven't been told I got it through HEAR so how will I know if I did or not...? Thanks (:

If you're accepted to HEAR, EVERY offer is for a HEAR place. You will avail of the other benefits of HEAR whether you got in on reduced points or not :p

Since you got in on lower points, it's safe to say you got one of the reduced points places.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ameliaaaaa

Does anyone know when we'll hear from our colleges? Now I just can't wait to get started ! trinity woo !
    Does anyone know where you can see how many points each tsm course is? Not just the point ranges. I got my first choice which was 540 last year and I'm just curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

Physio in Trinity here I come! that 15 point drop made me cry with joy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Computing in nci is as good if not better and it fell by 50 from 320

Yeah I was offered a place in NCI, I'd prefer DIT for hurling and football and to be honest the 50 point drop is a bit weird and fear of having to do group work with dunces.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

Physiotherapy in Trinity, delighted! :D

see you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orlalc94

Pharmacy in UCC!! DELIGHTED!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Yeah I was offered a place in NCI, I'd prefer DIT for hurling and football and to be honest the 50 point drop is a bit weird and fear of having to do group work with dunces.

Warning for being uncivil.
    Don't bother posting here again if that is an example of the level of contribution you can manage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

question that I always wondered about...

the results were on wednesday, why do we have to wait til monday (today) for the cao offers...

surely with computer both results and offers could be on same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

what are the chances of a course dropping down 15 points in the second round? probably none is it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

vector wrote: »

the results were on wednesday, why do we have to wait til monday (today) for the cao offers...

Gives them a chance to check any mistakes or errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

You are in HEAR regardless or reduced points or not, many people in my course are in HEAR and had well over 100 points to spare!

Congrats on getting the first choice, and good luck with the HEAR orientation!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Margaret1

Daleyford wrote: »
    see you there :D
    See you both there! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    what are the chances of a course dropping down 15 points in the second round? probably none is it :(

depends on the course, if the points went up this year probably not, if they stayed the same or dropped they may come down again,

it all depends on who accepts the offers, but in 2004 i got an offer for a course i was 20 points below in a round after 2, there were a few places available and i was next in line so the college rang me and offered me a place 2 weeks into term,

its a slim chance but not impossible, and there are other ways to get where you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

Marketing in CIT - Accepted! Thank God! Such a relief as I was full convinced that I wouldn't get an offer as I wa ten points off.

Also, is there anyone on this thread doing Marketing in CIT? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

MH201 - Science in Maynooth.

Anyone else for it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The Cheesepoo

MrNeeson wrote: »

Sort of. I'm in MH203 what modules will you be taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

Got Pharmacy in RCSI!!! Delighted! Chances of getting Trinity in later rounds with 555 anyone?

• Advertisement

vector wrote: »

It used to take a full week - offers were put in the post on Tuesday and delivered on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Got Pharmacy in RCSI!!! Delighted! Chances of getting Trinity in later rounds with 555 anyone?

There was already a star on the 565 with Trinity, which gives me the impression that there won't be any second round offers for Trinity pharmacy, but congratulations! :D RCSI pharmacy is meant to be a lovely small, close-knit course anyway, from what I've heard. Pharmacy RSCSI was my second choice, got 550 so I'm doing physio in Trinners instead, but I'm still a happy pixie :) Enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

cathal94 wrote: »
    Yeah she made all the course requirements. I know it's unlikely, but we just can figure out why she wasn't offered a place then?

I hope you got this sorted. Happened a friend before and it was a techinal issue that they resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Computer science in UCC went up by 90!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

MrNeeson wrote: »

MH101 (: can't wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

flabee113 wrote: »
    **** sake at the computer science jump in UCC. 90 points =(

It's actually crazy :(( HOW EVEN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    It's actually crazy :(( HOW EVEN?

word i am hearing is they have limited places from 100+ to 80,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Remember whatever course you get stick in the CAO stick down medicine in TCD on your Facebook timeline. My brother put it down this morning and has gotten a ton of texts and phone calls telling him that they are so proud of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

evds1 wrote: »
    Ah well done. I missed out on that thinking i was safe enough with 560 points :(

If you have an offer for Science, you might still transfer into NPCAM before third year. 3 people in my course have started off as just doing physics/chem/maths through science and transferred into NPCAM with permission from the course director.

585 points is absolutely mental - higher than pharmacy, law, physiotherapy and same as dentistry in TCD. Higher than Vet in UCD as well, very unlucky to not get it with 560 as the first two years are exact same as Science, so keep your head up (unless your second choice is something else, then good luck with whatever you're doing :)).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

Sort of. I'm in MH203 what modules will you be taking?

I think I'm going to be taking maths, biology, computer science and chemistry for the first year anyways!

Advertisement