Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

money_box wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea about points for occupational therapy in trinity?

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=16
    Looks like 515

• Registered Users Posts: 7 money_box

BittaTrig wrote: »

Do you think they'll go up much

Fad wrote: »
    I'll be the one with the glasses in a sea of 22-odd thousand people :pac:

Yeah the campus is gigantic

money_box wrote: »
    Do you think they'll go up much

I doubt it mate, The courses only went up a lot last year because of the 25 bonus pints in maths, It'll go up 5-15 depending on the amount of points the last person to get in has

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

I'll be the one with the glasses in a sea of 22-odd thousand people :pac:

I'll be the one with the contact lenses!......in a completely different course, but in the same college!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

So what is the deal with the Newspaper leaks of the points? Does it happen often or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Computing in NCI, 50 points clear so should be sorted
    Hopefully see you there too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

sganyfx wrote: »
    So what is the deal with the Newspaper leaks of the points? Does it happen often or?

That has to be fake, the points are only set depending on the amount of points the person who gets the last spot has, Since we haven't even gotten offers how could they know ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

sganyfx wrote: »

The Irish Times normally has a supplement with all points for every course. It goes on sale after midnight in any 24 hour store, online at a later time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Once you get used to it, it's actually grand, most things are very central as long as you're not doing Law in the old building, Architecture, Postgrand Civil Engineering, or Postgrad Film Studies, you're grand, everything's pretty central.

New science building will be open soon enough, it'll be a nice place to hang out.

That has to be fake, the points are only set depending on the amount of points the person who gets the last spot has, Since we haven't even gotten offers how could they know ? :P

Points (for 1st round offers) have been known for a couple of days now, just not published yet :)

Good luck to you guys, it's been two years since I was on a similar thread

Once you get used to it, it's actually grand, most things are very central as long as you're not doing Law in the old building, Architecture, Postgrand Civil Engineering, or Postgrad Film Studies, you're grand, everything's pretty central.

New science building will be open soon enough, it'll be a nice place to hang out.

I'm actually really looking forward to studing there, Trinity was my second option and all my mates are going here to do computer science but sure what can you do :L

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

peer mentoring is your key to making friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

CAO tend to release broad stroke stats to the papers, that's what they're working from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm actually really looking forward to studing there, Trinity was my second option and all my mates are going here to do computer science but sure what can you do :L

I love the campus, but it doesnt suit everyone. Make sure you explore a bit, try and do a few electives or join clubs/socs not with your mates, make other friends. I mean that especially for you going into CS, it's a particularly insular course.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GavisconExtra

bscm wrote: »
    The Irish Times normally has a supplement with all points for every course. It goes on sale after midnight in any 24 hour store, online at a later time.

Does it definitely go on sale from midnight in all 24 hour stores? If this is the case, I'll get the keys of the car :pac:

I love the campus, but it doesnt suit everyone. Make sure you explore a bit, try and do a few electives or join clubs/socs not with your mates, make other friends. I mean that especially for you going into CS, it's a particularly insular course.

Yeah, I've already planned on joining the swimming pool straight away since I do it all the time anyway, And I want to take German as an elective.

Does it definitely go on sale from midnight in all 24 hour stores? If this is the case, I'll get the keys of the car :pac:

I assume so, the scans were on the thread before 1 a.m. back in my day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Do u just accept whatever you get tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

Yeah, I've already planned on joining the swimming pool straight away since I do it all the time anyway, And I want to take German as an elective.

I study languages and study German. Would you be starting as a beginner or advanced? Either way, I'd recommend taking German with the School of Languages and Literature rather than the Applied Language Centre.

bscm wrote: »
    I assume so, the scans were on the thread before 1 a.m. back in my day

Here's hoping someone does it for us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I have returned from the night for this, don't think there's much of an F5 button left on my laptop after last year though anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

yournerd wrote: »
    Do u just accept whatever you get tomorrow?
    Just remember that whatever you accept, you could be stuck with. Don't accept it if you have any doubts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hijack alert

It's a while since I had to worry (well I was 125 clear of prior year) about CAO. I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but let me give you all this advice:

1. Enjoy your achievement. School's out!
    2. It does not matter if you don't get your first choice if you get an offer in the same general discipline (e.g. Biochem from Biomed from Biopharm). Few will differentiate them when you look for a job, Engineering graduates are now prime pickings for the Big 4 Accounting firms.
    3. If you're short, and don't have a CAO fallback and REALLY WANT A PARTICULAR COURSE (Business or Social Care for example), a PLC course is a more useful gateway to most courses than a repeat Leaving (notable exceptions like Med, Dentistry, Actuarial etc... Apply) it will give you an advantage over next year's entrants. ***make sure the college you want to go to will accept the PLC course to meet entry requirements***
    4. Enjoy more than just the course. There is life outside the classroom (I don't mean drinking and sex). Get involved in your college, be proud to be a part of it.

Finally, most importantly (and a bit of a downer) - I have twice been a students' union Welfare Officer, and once a President - this is the most important thing I emphasised to incoming students.

5. If you hate your course, if it's not for you (screw your parents - they won't have to spend years working with the degree you get) drop out before October 15th, otherwise you'll have to pay full fees next year to do the course you *do* want to do. I've had so many people sit in my office and cry about hating their course, most people's parents will understand. Sure, there's costs involved in dropping out (mainly accommodation) but it's not as expensive as shelling out 8 grand next year.

jrmb wrote: »
    Just remember that whatever you accept, you could be stuck with. Don't accept it if you have any doubts.

This contradicts everything I remember from careers class... it's easier to get out of a course than into one, and you could always be offered a higher up option.

yournerd wrote: »
    Do u just accept whatever you get tomorrow?[/QUO
    If you Have a course for 420 and a course for 450 and you get 460, you can only accept the 450 course because you got over the points for it, Basically you accept the one your offered

Lucky you, I'm anxious enough. I heard that its down 17% in applicants but I highly doubt points will drop. 5 max or they will remain static.

Well it was 565 last year and I got 575 :) Hope to see you there though! Be nice to 'know' someone on the first day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jessicaob

i am absolutley petrified...hoping for first year in Fine art in LIT and the points are a combined mixture of your LC results and your portfolio results..aghhh twill be an all nighter tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So does anybody have or know anybody with a subscription to the Irish Times?

Advertisement