Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

BittaTrig wrote: »
    yournerd wrote: »
    Do u just accept whatever you get tomorrow?[/QUO
    If you Have a course for 420 and a course for 450 and you get 460, you can only accept the 450 course because you got over the points for it, Basically you accept the one your offered
    Not necessarily. If the 420 course was higher on your list, it won't be possible to enter the 450, regardless of whether you accept tomorrow's offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 patters

Anybody no if aviation technology in D.I.T. will go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

patters wrote: »
    Anybody no if aviation technology in D.I.T. will go down

I hate to be short about it, but no, nobody knows yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

If u dont accept will it go to number 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Is there anybody else in here hoping for Biomed in UCD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

jrmb wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If the 420 course was higher on your list, it won't be possible to enter the 450, regardless of whether you accept tomorrow's offer.

Yeah That's so long as the course is above the course that requires more points

It was 280 in 2012 and 330 in 2012 so I've a feeling things arnt looking too great

No, you can move up but not down. If you're offered your 5th choice, you're disqualified from your 6th, 7th etc but may still get one of your higher preferences.

I actually Don't know about that, I think if you get offered the first one you have to stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jessicaob

..anybody want to tell me my future??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 GavisconExtra

No, the only chance you have of being offered your second choice course is if you don't get the points/meet the entry requirements for your first choice. If you don't accept this, you won't get any other offers. If you get your second you can accept it, and if the points for your first choice go down, then you will get offered that in the second round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You must have had a useless guidance counsellor!! If you are offered your 1st choice in round 1, no further offers will be made to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

No if you don't accept you just don't accept, you only get offered the course of highest preference that you qualify for.

Ok thanks :) Whats everyones hoping for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

does anyone live near a 24 hour shop, if not theres no point staying up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hoowley

Could anybody upload images of the Irish Times supplement, or maybe pm me with images? Dying with nerves right here. Thanks!

hoowley wrote: »
    Could anybody upload images of the Irish Times supplement, or maybe pm me with images? Dying with nerves right here. Thanks!

Same xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

The ePaper normally goes live at about 1 a.m. for anyone thinking of buying a 1 issue subscription

hoowley wrote: »

Same! Someone just told me "Got my level seven at like 9, didn't get my level 8 till 12ish "

Same xD

Think it was 4am last year before people started to post them

• Advertisement

oncex wrote: »
    Think it was 4am last year before people started to post them

I'm definitely staying up anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

bscm wrote: »
    The ePaper normally goes live at about 1 a.m. for anyone thinking of buying a 1 issue subscription

Ill buy the issue and upload if someone gives me instructions on how to buy it online! :D

Edit: l'll buy the Independent issue either .. which ever is easier? Anyone any preference?

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Ill buy the issue and upload if someone gives me instructions on how to buy it online! :D

Cheers lad :D

bscm wrote: »
    jrmb wrote: »
    Just remember that whatever you accept, you could be stuck with. Don't accept it if you have any doubts.
    This contradicts everything I remember from careers class... it's easier to get out of a course than into one, and you could always be offered a higher up option.
    Sorry, you're right. I mean to say that there's no point in accepting something if you really don't think it will suit you.

What's an e paper ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Same! Someone just told me "Got my level seven at like 9, didn't get my level 8 till 12ish "
    What? o_0

Does the e-issue have the Points supplement? I can't remember from last year.

Mugatuu wrote: »

Edit: l'll buy the Independent issue either .. which ever is easier? Anyone any preference?

is it the independent or the times? they're only €2 to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

I knew mine by 2am last year and the person uploading the images started uploading them about 1am. He/she uploaded the pages one by one and UCD was last so I was waiting till the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

Feel lonely is everyone goin ucd n trinity. Anbody for Dcu. 5 points off my course not looking good

Advertisement