Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

What? o_0

Does the e-issue have the Points supplement? I can't remember from last year.

Yep, the 2012 supplement is staring me in the face on the sidebar of the ePaper page :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

oncex wrote: »
    is it the independent or the times? they're only €2 to be fair

Times definitely has it, not sure about the Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

So nervous now if we find out within the next hour :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone else praying primary teaching doesn't go up? I'm on 480, so I'm far from a dead cert... I'll be here until I get word anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

bscm wrote: »
    Times definitely has it, not sure about the Independent

Both do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

If the E-paper doesn't have the CAO points supplement, ill drive to the nearest 24 and scan up supplement cover to cover :P

Edit: Will buy both papers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

hoowley wrote: »
    Could anybody upload images of the Irish Times supplement, or maybe pm me with images? Dying with nerves right here. Thanks!

Don't think it's online for another hour or two yet.

The epaper must have the points supplements though because I'm pretty sure it was screenshots and not physical newspaper scans previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    I knew mine by 2am last year and the person uploading the images started uploading them about 1am. He/she uploaded the pages one by one and UCD was last so I was waiting till the end!

Great so I may be here till last too xD

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Badger101

buyer95 wrote: »
    Anyone else praying primary teaching doesn't go up? I'm on 480, so I'm far from a dead cert... I'll be here until I get word anyway!

On 480 your safe enough I would think! Ive only got 465... :P
    Where is your first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Bah there is a garage right next to my house which is 24/7 but I am not sure if they get the new papers tonight or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Word on the street is that primary school teaching applicants have fallen.

Disclaimer: This is merely the word on one of the streets in Galway, I do not claim to have any insider knowledge, please to not ban me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Mugatuu wrote: »
    If the E-paper doesn't have the CAO points supplement, ill drive to the nearest 24 and scan up supplement cover to cover :P

That'll be a pain in the arse without a rather large scanner :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Thaanks you're a star!! Does anyone know how to buy them,I'll do it no probs? Would the times or the independent be online earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

BittaTrig wrote: »
    Great so I may be here till last too xD

It was awful. But worth it in the end!!

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    It was awful. But worth it in the end!!

Here's hoping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

sganyfx wrote: »
    Bah there is a garage right next to my house which is 24/7 but I am not sure if they get the new papers tonight or not...

I used to work nights in one, they dont all get the papers at the same time. Also there's two or three main distributors so they mightnt get them til 4am or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Fad wrote: »
    I used to work nights in one, they dont all get the papers at the same time. Also there's two or three main distributors so they mightnt get them til 4am or later.

Alright thanks man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Badger101 wrote: »
    Where is your first choice?

I've a friend on 465 as well, I hope ye get it! Mary I is my 1st choice, wbu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I'm just so curious about them. The newspapers wouldn't be in the shops yet surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

Badger101 wrote: »
    I think yesterday's Times said that demand was down. If that's the case, the points should go down too.

I'm just so curious about them. The newspapers wouldn't be in the shops yet surely?

you'd be surprised, They'll be in 24 hour stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jrmb

Fuel stations around Dublin often have them quite early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

If anyone lives right beside a 24hr store they could run and ask. If they don't already have the paper, they might be able to tell you when to expect it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

the Irish Examiner has a cao supplement too! I got my results here last year, from what I can remember someone scanned up photos of the paper at like 3 or 4, it was worth it though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

That'll be a pain in the arse without a rather large scanner :P

I've a normal scanner sorry to burst any large scanner dreams:P, sure won't it create awful suspense uploading them on the thread one by one :D:P

Not that any of us need more suspence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Badger101

buyer95 wrote: »
    I've a friend on 465 as well, I hope ye get it! Mary I is my 1st choice, wbu?

Yeah hopefully now :) My first choice is St Pats!

Wild suggestion: How about instead of having all the points scattered through out the thread, someone makes a google doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Did anyone read anything on Law?

• Advertisement

If anyone lives right beside a 24hr store they could run and ask. If they don't already have the paper, they might be able to tell you when to expect it. :)

There's these mythical devices called phones, shops often have them :pac:

Advertisement