Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway pubs relegating the Hurling over soccer

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

s_carnage wrote: »
    That's fine and that's your opinion. What you said earlier "GAA = boring." was like you saying it as fact and not your opinion and that's what I find backwards. Just think it's a bit petty when someone who doesn't like one sport comes out with a statement like you did earlier. Just smacks of playground "my dad is bigger than yours"

This is just my opinion man, I`m not having a go at people who love GAA, maybe I could have worded it better for sure! I do believe that the GAA fans sell out Croke Park...82 thousand no small amount there, and i`m sure lots of people can`t even get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭onefourreal

jh79,

the jersies sold in elveys paid for man. utd. trip to oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

eireanbear,

i work in an office with a guy who gives me a headache about rooney/suarez and his in depth knowledge of the game.
    yet last week he would not buy a raffle ticket to support an u-12 soccer team going on a trip to scotland for the halloween break.
    therefore he is a consumer of the game and not a participant.

That guy is just mean spirited.

However back to the question I asked earlier, how many people were looking to watch the Clare v Limerick match in the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

jh79,

the jersies sold in elveys paid for man. utd. trip to oz.

At least I get a jersey out of it and nobody embarrasses you into buying it. If you want your kids to play GAA or soccer for that matter pay for it yourself. That's my opinion on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dublinbhoy88

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying for sure, but these football games will be on in every pub around the world that have the rights to show them. And not just in Irish ones.
    Not every pub in the world,remember the Spanish,Italian and German leagues are big around the world aswell,but not in this country,the Spanish football is far easier on the eye than the EPL IMO

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Not every pub in the world,remember the Spanish,Italian and German leagues are big around the world aswell,but not in this country,the Spanish football is far easier on the eye than the EPL IMO

I was on about all them leagues included!....And I agree that Spanish football is easy watching!:D.......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, this thread has reached its end.
    It was never about soccer leagues but for some reason that's the way it went and thus all local connection was finally gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement