Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Die now or live forever - which would you choose?

• 18-08-2013 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

You're suddenly faced with the choice: die right now, or live forever. Which would you choose?

[edit: if you choose Live for ever, you don't age.]

Which one? 34 votes

Die right now!
    0% 0 votes
    Live for all eternity.
    100% 34 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Die Bart, Die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Live for all eternity. Being bored is better than being dead

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

I voted live forever.
    Forgetting that you never mentioned eternal youth.
    I'll just hope that comes with the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

If I live forever does my body continue to age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

What's the point of living forever if everyone you love and everyone you will ever love will die?

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    What's the point of living forever if everyone you love and everyone you will ever love will die?

You could be like Dr. Manhatten and have a massive blue schlong or like Wolverine and lovely sideburns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I've never tried out being dead, sure I'll give that a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Who wants to live forevaaaaaahhh!?!

*Freddie Mercury pose*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It depends, will I age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm torn. What if i choose live for ever but someone buries me alive and i spend eternity buried in the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

whirlpool wrote: »
    You're suddenly faced with the choice: die right now, or live forever. Which would you choose?
    Die now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    It depends, will I age?

After you make your choice, wait a few years. Then simply chop your arm off with a clever and count the rings on your bloodied limb. If the number of rings match how old you are then yes, the ageing process has indeed continued unabated for you.

I'm torn. What if i choose live for ever but someone buries me alive and i spend eternity buried in the ground?

Become a Buddist and be reincarnated as a worm and eat your way out of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I loved to be a vampire...like in the Interview with a vampire film.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Why would I want to die now when I can live forever at this age? My friends will die but feck it I'll make new ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Vojera wrote: »

That's the great thing about college girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I'm quite jaded. Just shoot me. I think I've enough done. Someone else can carry my lot. It's very heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Live forever.

You'd make so much money on the chat show circuit it'd be insane!

"Tonight on the Late Late Show, Twink, Brendan Grace and wnolan1992 who's over 400 years old!"

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

The Credit Union interest on your communion money would be savage after a few hundred years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Some believe that when you die you'll be in heaven forever so its kind of the same thing, except without the 72 virgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

75% would rather live forever? Jaysus.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Live forever.

You'd make so much money on the chat show circuit it'd be insane!

"Tonight on the Late Late Show, Twink, Brendan Grace and wnolan1992 who's over 400 years old!"

..but Twink and Brendan Grace would still be older that you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

lkionm wrote: »
    ..but Twink and Brendan Grace would still be older that you.

Yes, but they're demons from the underworld, whereas I'm unique and miraculous! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Well at least you could be sure you'd be active if you choose to live forever, the uncertainty of death isnt really appealing tbh, I choose live forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

imagine how rich you'd be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Sheeps wrote: »
    imagine how rich you'd be

I'm sure you'd still be paying your mortgage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I wanna live forever. Im having such a good time :)......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Awakening2014

Such a stupid question, I've a feeling that we've all been around here before anyway and will be again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'd say live forever. I'm sure it'd get a bit **** once the rest of humanity has died, but I'd say I'd have gone crazy by that point anyway and wouldn't realise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Live forever. Imagine all you'd see and do and learn. You could literally explore every corner of the world, learn anything, when we gain the ability to reach other planets you could explore them also. The things you'd see!
    Not to mention all the birds you could give one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Eventually you'll end up all alone when the sun burns up, meteor strike etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I'd have to choose die now.
    This no about it. Living for billions and of years would suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Can I die in a few minutes, please. I have to feed the cats and the rabbits first ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Death or spend all eternity in what will effectively be hell? hmm, though choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

OP, you say to live forever by not aging... as in Immortal - that you imply you can still choose to die from various means.

So, in that scenario - Live Forever I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Live forever probably be my choice, but someones bound to get suspicious especially my boss.

"Plaza, you've been working here for 58 years now, you'll have to retire"
    "Retire? But I'm only 40!"

Probably end up in a lab somewhere where sciencey fúckers prodding you wondering why you're not ageing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Gonna hold out on answering this until the Aliens thread is resolved.

Be damned if i'm spending an eternity with a gradually decreasing number of species bar these 'human' lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Gonna hold out on answering this until the Aliens thread is resolved.

Be damned if i'm spending an eternity with a gradually decreasing number of species bar these 'human' lot.

Should be done with now - I've got this talent of killing off threads. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Why can I just not age disgracefully?
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

If you live forever, can you still get sick? Like getting cancer, and tumours and ****? Because I'd imagine that'd be pretty ****ty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Nah I lost someone real close recently. I wanna just be with them, but I'm happy to live for now. When I'm like 60 I'll be happy to take the chance that I might see her again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Both of them would be dead boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Live forever...become the face of boe?....tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

So if I live forever am I invincible or could I die in an accident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Live forever, of course. And live my dream - to emulate my greatest hero, Mr. Bowerick Wowbagger, the Infintely Prolonged. I will insult the Universe, and everyone in it. Individually, personally, and <grits teeth> one-by-one. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Podgers

I'm sure you'd still be paying your mortgage.

"i would like to spread my mortage out over 700 years please" i'd love to say that to the bank manager! :)

There is a movie called "The Man from Earth" it was out in 2007. very low budget i say around a few hundred euros because the main scenes were all in one room!! Anyway its a story about a man that lives for ever and is a live for 14,000 years.

I certainly don't want to die now, theres too much to do, i haven't time for dying! the thought of living forever wouldn't be my ideal choice but maybe after living my life out here i could be sent in a spaceship to colonise a similar planet like ours, but even that would be boring waiting all them years to get there!

If I was able to kill myself if/when I wanted to, then I'd pick live forever.
    Otherwise die right now.

Advertisement