Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student jobs

Options
  • 18-08-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Anyone know anywhere that'll take on one very broke, hard working, cap in hands, desperate student?:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I presume you've already done the walking around town and knocking on commercial doors and asked the same question?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SystemsGuy

Kettleson wrote: »
    I presume you've already done the walking around town and knocking on commercial doors and asked the same question?

Yes. Most shops and restaraunts wouldn't evan take my CV but the pubs did but no word back from them at all. :/

Have you tried the industrial estates? You just need a bit of luck. Keep at it.

As in Finisklin and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Chapters are looking for staff

• Advertisement

SystemsGuy wrote: »
    As in Finisklin and the like?

Yeah. Right place right time, someone off ill, busy time at work, need an extra pair of hands for the day, or drivers mate, that sorta thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Anyone know anywhere that'll take on one very broke, hard working, cap in hands, desperate student?:o

I feel for ya, couldn't even get a summer job for 3 years because of the fact that the boom is still here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Vlove wrote: »
    I feel for ya, couldn't even get a summer job for 3 years because of the fact that the boom is still here!
    Think you've that one backwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Try the hotels for waitstaff or bar, I worked in the clarion while I was in college. It was horrible but I needed the money badly and it was close by. But be prepared for long nights and working all weekend.

Cheers for that. Any idea of which hostel would be particularly busy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Cheers for that. Any idea of which hostel would be particularly busy?

I say ring any of them because most of them are quite busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ringing around is a bad idea. If you really want a job you should call personally. That way you're showing that you at least are willing to make an effort to get a job. Ringing around will be seen as taking the lazy way!

btw The best of luck!

red sean wrote: »
    Ringing around is a bad idea. If you really want a job you should call personally. That way you're showing that you at least are willing to make an effort to get a job. Ringing around will be seen as taking the lazy way!

btw The best of luck!

Totally agree. You have to let a prospective employer see the whites of your eyes. Shows a lot of character when you are prepared to knock on doors and sell yourself. Even if it is just to say "look if you're stuck for a bit of help, even for a few hours, give me a call, here's my number". And you might just find yourself in the right place at the right time.

red sean wrote: »

btw The best of luck!

Yes I agree too. Best to show off what you have to offer them in person. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Agree with the posts about calling personally. Sent out CVs to firms in Finisklin, no replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Take the cv with you and, if possible beforehand, find out the name of the person with responsibility for hiring.
    Try to speak to them but leave the cv for them if that's not possible.

Yummy had a sign up looking for staff before the weekend, worth a try? It's in Quayside.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sundancekid91

Pure nightclub are looking for staff.Go onto their facebook page and you'll get their email.Also try velvet and student pubs like the leitrim,brewery and cullens.

Pure nightclub are looking for staff.Go onto their facebook page and you'll get their email.Also try velvet and student pubs like the leitrim,brewery and cullens.

Already applied ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

As long as your not a take the piss type of student send me a PM if you're still looking.

• Advertisement

dav32cs wrote: »
    As long as your not a take the piss type of student send me a PM if you're still looking.

Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Hi there, I'm in a similar situation! I'm moving up to Sligo from Kilkenny this weekend and am looking for help with regards to part time / weekend work. Ill do the rounds with my CVs in the next day or two. Would ye have any recommendations of places I could try? Any food related work or any shops?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm in a similar situation! I'm moving up to Sligo from Kilkenny this weekend and am looking for help with regards to part time / weekend work. Ill do the rounds with my CVs in the next day or two. Would ye have any recommendations of places I could try? Any food related work or any shops?

Any help would be appreciated!

Yummy in Quayside still looking for staff. Subway looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emlyn94

I am in the same situation as well. I am going into first year and am looking from work any help would be greatly appreciated. I was in subway and there not really looking for students as is week day work.

Garavogue bar looking for part-time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Hi Im in the same position, heading to trinity so its pretty central . willing to work weekdays nights and all weekend! any hints?

yournerd wrote: »
    Hi Im in the same position, heading to trinity so its pretty central . willing to work weekdays nights and all weekend! any hints?

Wrong forum, Trinners.

Wrong forum, Trinners.

sorry??

heading to trinity so its pretty central .
    This is for student jobs in Sligo and not Dublin.

• Advertisement

This is for student jobs in Sligo and not Dublin.

oohh my bad!!

Advertisement