Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Extension Virgin!!

• 18-08-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭

I'm getting married in the Spring & have been growing my hair out for awhile now for the hair style I want.
    Although I've managed to get it to bra strap length I would still like to get hair extensions for a little more length & some extra volume.

Anyway my questions are as follows:
    What would be the best extensions to get?
    How long before the wedding should I get the extensions?
    Do you treat them the same as your natural hair?
    How long do they last?
    Can anyone recommend a salon to do them in the west Dublin area?

Thanks for the help :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If I were ever getting extensions in my hair I'd get the great length extensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Anyone try Hairspray.ie??
    They are close to me but just wondering if they are any good??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have never gone with them. I don't know of anyone who has either.

I get mine in Ebano Ballinteer. They also have a branch in town. I would recommend them, I have got them 6 or 7 times there.

I get about 6 months out of a full head.

They are micro-bead extensions which are the best type in my opinion.

I would get them a few weeks before the wedding to get used to them, maybe 3 weeks or something?

You basically treat them like normal hair. You can't do as much backcombing on areas that aren't the crown and you need a gentler hair brush. That's about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Thank for that, that's exactly the stuff I needed to know.

Can I as how much they cost & if they did much damage to your own hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

What do you do if you have highlighted hair? Can you still go to your local salon every 6 weeks for them with the extensions in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 vanessa171

they say microbeads are the best as they do less damage to your hair than the others, these should last 4 months in your hair.they can cost around 200-300 depending where you get them, or you could just get clip in extensions, get them in hairspray :) spanish hair ones are good. id go with clip ins, they dont damage your hair and just take them out and put them in whenever

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moppy muncher

I got my extensions done in Ebano Ballinteer also. I have fine hair and was advised to go for a half head since I was an extensions virgin also! Im delighted with them and so glad that I didn't opt for the full head now. They are really helpful in there and I have had them in for 5 weeks now and they still look really natural. The only problem is, I have lost 4 in the last 7/8 days. They didn't hurt when they came out or anything. I may have been conditioning too much as my hair is pretty silky and doesn't really need the amount I was putting in. I have the recommended brush and I even splashed out on a silk pillow case to help maintain them! Is it normal to lose 4 in that space of time (I don't notice them missing by the way)

MS2011 Since you are looking for a little bit of length and some volume I would advise a half head since its your first time. Get it done a few weeks before your wedding so that if you think you need more you can go back and get extra! I think Ebano Ballinteer will even do a 3/4 head....I might be imagining that though! I paid 250 for my half head and my technician was Sarah. There is a guy in there too who is also great as my friend has gone to him.

Would love to hear other peoples views on losing some strands, is it normal to lose that many? Sorry for butting in on this thread but hopefully I have been a little bit helpful while butting in!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Would love to hear other peoples views on losing some strands, is it normal to lose that many?

You definitely start to lose some after a while. I had my full head in for 6 months this time and only had about 25 left out of 200 by then. Before that, I got about 9 months before that many fell out. You would be surprised at how well even a small amount looks. It is natural that they fall out due to conditioning, brushing, sleeping, handbag on shoulder, playing with hair etc.

I lose more on my right side and they explained that was because I sleep on the right and also have my handbag on that side.

I tie up hair up at night using a clip and I find it helps keep them there longer as I'm not sleeping on them directly then.

Currently have a half head for last three weeks and none fallen out so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moppy muncher

Thanks Pythia, that's good to know! I can relax now.

I love them so really wanted them to work out since I can never grow my hair past my shoulder. Cheers :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement