Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gaa transfer

• 18-08-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi all.I am in abit of a bad situation and i need abit of advice. In december 2012 me and my family moved to a different parish and in january 2013 i got my transfer to my new parish.

My second night training with my new club i done my knee ligaments and to this day i have not played with them due to ongoing injurys or i have not paid membership either.

Last week I was told that me and my family are moving again to another town in the same county.I dnt have a car and no forms of transport.

whats the odds of getting another transfer??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

That you Seanie? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 doyoumrjones

As long as you are moving parish there shouldnt be any hassle at all getting a transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

No problem getting the transfer but you might have to wait until next year though. I know in Clare any inter-club transfers within the county must be applied for before the end of March/April. If it's a transfer to a club in another county though it can be done at any stage. Not sure though if this is a national rule or just a by-law in Clare.

If you have a bit of time on your hands go to gaa.ie and check out the rulebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

No problem getting the transfer but you might have to wait until next year though. I know in Clare any inter-club transfers within the county must be applied for before the end of March/April. If it's a transfer to a club in another county though it can be done at any stage. Not sure though if this is a national rule or just a by-law in Clare.

If you have a bit of time on your hands go to gaa.ie and check out the rulebook.
    the rules for transfers within a county are governed by the county's by laws but I have never seen any county publish theirs online at any stage
    (was looking into it at the time of the whole Seanie transfer saga!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Agreed, the county's own bye laws wouldn't be available but if the rule I mentioned above was a National rule then it would be in the rule book in the transfer section. Alternatively just ring Frank Murphy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Just following up on this - A player I know has a situation which our club/player want to see if there is a way around it:

Player has been working away from home - in another county but has accommodation in both countys. He was going to just transfer to county he's working in and play for a team there as he had started training with them. In the mean time the 2nd's championship started and his home club asked him to come home and play in the matches which he did as the transfer hadn't been processed. The team has went on a run which has landed them in the final.

The 2nd's team manager was to contact the club secretary to stall the transfer until after the final was played but she had went on hols - when she returned she said that the county secretary had contacted her during her hol and she told him to go ahead with transfer.

The transfer has just went through (3 days before the final) - player hasn't played for the his new club yet.

Is there any way the player could do something to be able to play for his home club in final? or is he goosed?

Advertisement