Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta adv. city vs tons of fun

• 18-08-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of feedback from the limerick people. I'm meeting my sister in limerick in a couple of weeks (it's halfway between my house and hers). I'm going to bring my son who's 1, and my nephew who's 2. We want to go somewhere where the boys can have a run around, and we'd like to get coffee, and maybe lunch too.
    We're planning on meeting in one of the play centres on the Ballysimon rd. either tons of fun, or delta adventure city. just wondering if anyone has been to the two, and found one better than the other for any reason? Does one have a better set up than the other?more to do for that age group, better or worse food?does one tend to be busier than the other - though I'm sure on a sat they'll both be manic!!! My local play centre has the coffee area directly beside the play area, so a close eye can be kept on the kids, and they can go in and out as they please, so it's ideal. I've been in other places where they're in separate rooms, which obviously is grand for older kids, but not so much for the smallies?
    I'd appreciate any feedback. It probably doesn't make too much difference, but I don't want to go to one if the other is better!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Delta have a toddler room which is a lot quiterer than tons there are tables and couches for the parents to use for coffee etc. have not been to tons for many years as my lot are bigger now and the youngest is now growing out of delta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

For younger children I would go with tons of fun

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Tons of fun is much better than delta for that age group, but there is also formula for fun near the parkway which might suit you.
    All have websites if you Google them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Thanks for the feedback! I had looked at the websites, but it's nice to hear from someone who's been in person too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I would also recommend formula for fun near the parkway for younger children

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I would not go near Delta city with a barge pole. Brought my two kids, 9 and 3 there at the weekend. The place has gone down hill in the last few years, it is not fit for purpose anymore.
    I saw many places where exposed steel is left out, exposed concrete in areas where kids run etc. My 3 years old was able to climb out of a hole in cargo netting at the back of the play area for kids.

The owner is an ex builder and a complete fool. He told me he had an engineers report on the safety of the place, 2009, and with no mention of modification he has made, which turned the place from a very large and good play area, in a smaller one which has laser tag, zorbing etc, premium pay things.

Go with Formula for fun near the parkway, it is top notch.

Advertisement