Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin school of grinds free three day trial

Options
  • 18-08-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi just wondering has anyone ever been to do the dublin school of grinds free trials and if so what should I expect? Thank you :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If their website full of spelling errors is any indication, I wouldn't waste my money - free or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

spurious wrote: »
    If their website full of spelling errors is any indication, I wouldn't waste my money - free or not.

I don't know about this? but i went to their free grinds for English and Economics and found them really helpful!! if you think it won't take time out of your own study i would go , i thought they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

In each of the teacher biographies, it mentions that they are members of their subject association/Teaching Council of Ireland. This means squat. All teachers have to register with the teaching council and any teacher can join a subject association for typically a fee of less than €50 per year. If that's their unique selling point, I'd wonder if there is much more to offer.

Also many of the books they are claiming these people have published I can't find online. Is the word 'textbook' being used very loosely to mean the ream of photocopied notes you would receive in this centre??

EDIT: Yes, they are their own book of notes. Not exactly what I would class as a definition of a textbook.

This kind of thing seems a bit waffly.

Our teachers measure their own teaching effectiveness
    and efficiency by their students’ growing confidence and exam success.

Selling your teachers as book authors because they hand out a bundle of notes in class is nothing special. All teachers are book authors by that definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Go to the leeson st one! you get a tonne of notes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Selling your teachers as book authors because they hand out a bundle of notes in class is nothing special. All teachers are book authors by that definition.
    And it makes nearly every student a book author too :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement