Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco User Setup, can't access from windows laptop

Options
  • 18-08-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Apologies if this is covered somewhere, cannot find but point in right direction if it's already there.
    I have a Cisco EPC3925 which is working fine. However, I want to restrict access as my 3 kids are getting more and more tech savvy. So I setup separate users on the router for parents, kids and guest with time restrictions. I also setup Mac address filtering so that only parents' mobile devices and laptops which are located downstairs and the Xbox can access the router. This means kids cannot access via their mobile devices.
    So far so good.
    On my mac book and the iphones, the user setup worked fine and when I try to access the internet for the first time after setting it up I was asked for username and password and then could log on fine.
    However, on my laptop running windows 7 I cannot now logon to the router.
    I have checked that the mac address is correct and it is so that is not the problem. I just cannot get the user logon screen to come up.
    I'm quite an amateur at this so please tell me where I could be going wrong.
    thanks, Seesee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Ok, so I had to undo everything I did last night in order to get back on to the internet Oops! So I just want to be able to allow only permitted devices to access the router, is it best to just change the key on the router or is it possible for me to just allow access to the router for specific devices using the Mac addresses and should this also work for the windows laptop?
    Please reply if you can help!

Advertisement