Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new to swimming with fear of water

• 18-08-2013 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there
    What advice can you give me ? I am currently taking one to one lessons to learn to swim . I still seem to have a huge fear just wondering does it automatically disappear some day when I get in to the pool ? I take one lesson a week and then try to get in the pool 2-3 times before the next session I have progressed from not putting a toe into the pool to getting in , over and back the pool with the float and breathing , over and back the pool using alternative arms and kicking. I can go about 12 feet without stopping but the things that scares me in taking off into the open pool if that makes sense. I am currently swimming in to the edge as in I know I can really grab the end if I need to .
    IS there anyone that has a fear of water as bad ? I so want to swim . My intention is to learn to swim and then join a swim club so I keep it up , then I want to learn to teach swimming so I can help people that are like me .
    Any help or ideas welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Good luck and keep at it. It will be worth it in the long run. Don't know of anyone in Dublin but bound to be I guess but see if you can get some watsu sessions. Then use it as autogenic training so the mind and body associate the water with good vibes, relaxation, a nice place to be. Hippie gongs and chimes are optional haha but its intensely relaxing.
    Many watsu people use floats on the arms and legs as well to keep the persons body bouyant.

Advertisement