Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFA insurance.

Options
  • 19-08-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

I'm renewing insurance tomorrow. And I was strongly thinking of going with the IFA. Would I be right in saying your cover if you god forbid accidently shoot livestock. Leaveing gates open and livestock getting out on road and accident happening as a result. And I believe the personal injury is prity good with it aswell.

Would ye agree with me on these or am I misinformed.

One question I had was in the general condition under section 2 (a) (iii). It says it doesn't cover.
    Pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices traveling at sonic and supersonic speeds.
    Is a bullet come under this or is the crack of the bullet not extreme enough.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The IFA and CAI are the only two insurance groups i know that offer individual insurance. You are covered for pretty much every eventuality and they do dog cover too.

About the "aerial devices". It's not about bullets. Bit a silly insurance company that insures hunters/shooters only to tell them "not if you get shot". I assume it's about some "never going to happen" situation. I mean in one of their policies they even make mention of WMDs.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Cheers cass I thought it was a big weird covering shooting sports but then coming up with some reasons for not actually covering them.

WMD ye don't see many of them around.

I think ill go with the IFA as there irish I suppose.

Nargc do insurance but I think there only for clubs as far as I know anyway I never really considered them since I heard there campaigning to get the deer season shortened. So I've no interest in giving them business.

Nargc do insurance but I think there only for clubs as far as I know.............
    Correct
    ................ anyway I never really considered them since I heard there campaigning to get the deer season shortened. So I've no interest in giving them business.
    Don't know about that. have not heard about it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

The farmer told me they were trying to get deer seasons shortened but aftef reading this im unsure if thats what he actually ment. Ttrying to cut back on section 42's and introduce tagging.
    I dknt know.
    Have a read through this if you haven seen it before. They have some good points about shooting from vechiles and lamping. But I'm unsure if I agree with there overall view.

That's not to say I've enough education on the matter for my opinion to count.

http://www.nargc.ie/submissions-and-position-papers/deer-management-policy-submission.aspx

Yeah seen that, from 2 years ago.

Didn't pay it much attention then and don't intend to now. Mouthing off at the controlling organisation is a great way to get your point across (sense the sarcasm), and the talk of money being a driving factor for a lot of deer issues yet the courses for deer, safety, etc. are all being run by them and at extraordinary prices.

Besides it was 2 years ago and nothing has been done. As i said above when you mouth off to the body that governs or controls the very thing you wish to change it gets you nowhere. Same could be said for the state of the FSAI today.

• Advertisement

Ye I know it was 2 years ago but its an on going problem and an ongoing torn in the side. But anyay.

IFA or country side.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Cass wrote: »
    The IFA and CAI are the only two insurance groups i know that offer individual insurance. You are covered for pretty much every eventuality and they do dog cover too.

As a member of the IFA Countryside I find them very good to deal with but unfortunately they do not as of yet cover dogs. I was in contact with them mid last season about it. Although they did say they may do it in the future.

I was on the phone with them today and joined up. The woman told me they now cover dogs under your control. And coursing. Is that what you mean or are you talking about actual insurance for your dog.

Boiled-egg wrote: »
    ............ unfortunately they do not as of yet cover dogs. ............
    Very strange as their website say they already offer dog cover.
    Q). Does the Policy cover all my dogs?

A.) Yes, dogs in your ownership are covered automatically, even while unlicensed. However it facilitates claims in proving ownership when the dog is registered and/or licensed to you.

Very strange as their website say they already offer dog cover.

Not that I doubt you but can you post a link, I can't see it myself and I want to ring them regarding it as I would consider going with them for dog cover as well, even though I'm slightly pissed they never e mailed me regarding the dog insurance as they said they do if they started doing it.
    thanks.

• Advertisement

Here is my post from the exact same topic/thread from 2 months ago.
    Their FAQ section seems to cover most questions.

Part of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

mind me asking how much it is for insurance with the ifa?

mind me asking how much it is for insurance with the ifa?

If your club collects the fee in bulk you should be able to get it for €50 otherwise its €70.

Here is my post from the exact same topic/thread from 2 months ago.

Part of this thread.

Thanks Cass I'll drop them an e mail tomorrow.

I paid 70 euro and had a conformation letter in Less than a half hour.

Advertisement