Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else had this problem with DayZ mod

• 19-08-2013 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

so here's the score my old computer just wasn't cutting it so i decided to do a bit of shopping so i built a new rig ok no problem there until i tried to play dayZ i tried to join a server and it popped up CONNECTING FAILED ok not a problem i will try another server and same again so after about 3 day's of failing to get it working it happened i got into a server i thought oh nice i think it's fixed anyways about 2 hour's later server will restart in 5 min's so i left early as ye do, went down made a hot cup of tea came back to test my survival skills clicked to join back into the server and bam CONNECTING FAILED, i have tried everything possible to get the game working i even wen't as far as offering 20 quid steam voucher to the first person to who could help me get it working which this offer is still on the table btw so i got alot of reply's with possible solutions and i tried every one of them and still no luck, so my question is have any of you had this problem? is there a cure? is there still hope for a DayZ survivor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Download DayZCommander. I'm not sure if it will help, but it will download the latest updates which may sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Make sure you're using the right version of DayZ, and the latest arma 2 beta patch , just Google "arma 2 beta patch" click the first link and download the latest one.

As mentioned above DayZ commander is good for easily installing different versions of DayZ and the beta patches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

Make sure you're using the right version of DayZ, and the latest arma 2 beta patch , just Google "arma 2 beta patch" click the first link and download the latest one.

As mentioned above DayZ commander is good for easily installing different versions of DayZ and the beta patches.

Download DayZCommander. I'm not sure if it will help, but it will download the latest updates which may sort you out.

believe me i have may the mighty Thor come down and strike me over the head with his hammer if i did not do at least all of these twice.

deleted all file's related to Bohemia interactive.
    uninstalled arma 2/arma OA.

uninstalled dayz commander.

restarted pc ran steam as admin installed arma2 and arma OA then verified the integrity to make sure all file's where installed ran both game's before installing dayz mod, installed dayz commander made sure all file's are up to date,installed dayz, got the same error again so i did the above again but with playwithsix instead of dayz commander, same error again, so i made sure all the ports are open in my router and made sure my firewall was allowing the arma file's through and still no joy, i also tried installing dayz manually and updating battleye manually and installing the beta patch manually and still no luck it just does not make sense to why it's not working

Edit: i just wan't to put this out there, There is €20 in it for you if you can get my dayZ back to the state it was once in where i had no problem installing new mods from dayZ commander and being able to join official and unofficial servers all server's really in my range of connection without any problems, you can help me by posting in this thread or PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Your not alone with this issue. I came across this thread and it might have something to do with Gamespy, but I don't know for sure. The user Vortexservers on DayZmod.com says
    FYI: You CAN connect via in-game by clicking "remote" and entering the server's IP, but again, this requires players to already know the server so not a good solution...
    Some people having success with the Six Launcher, but unfortunately you already tried that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

i don't mean to be a dick when i say this but thank god i'am not alone with this problem i hope it get's fixed soon or i might just have to wait for standalone if that ever get's released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Did you run ArmA 2 and OA separately first?
    They each do some necessary setup on first run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

have you tried port forwarding? I had similar problems and forwarded ports 2300-2315.
    Officially its

port 2302 UDP ArmA2 game network communication.
    port+1 2303 UDP Gamespy public server reporting.
    port+3 2305 UDP Voice Over Net transmission.
    but I found that some private servers run on 2310+ so to be on the safe side have 2300-2315 open.
    After I did it can join most servers. Get kicked every now and then if I get a ping spike but thats normally from the wife downloading stuff when I'm online.

Advertisement