Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Takeaway Coffee in Ennis

• 19-08-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

its hard to find a good quick take away cup of coffe around ennis/clarecastle, well i think liddys kildysart road have cracked it, its an insomnia machine and the taste is awesome

gbc

of course if anyone knows different

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I think Costa is OK. The Green coloured shop across from Dunnes on O'Connell Street has good coffee. She does lovely soup in there as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I like mc Donald's coffee

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

McDonald's coffee is probably the best take away coffee anywhere. If you are looking for quick non-barrista coffee Topaz does quite nice coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

If you like/love coffee you have to/must go to SOS. Best coffee in Ireland!!! Best coffee outside of Italy.

It's in the Gort Industrial Estate.

I know this sounds weird, but the coffee shop is in Vaughan's garden centre. Just go into the garden centre shop, and to the left is the coffee shop. They do fantastic rolls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Must give that a try(Gort rd) I like Costa myself and also like Insomnia also. If its at home I grind my own coffee
    or if in hurry Tassimo pods the best .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm yet to get a pod machine that I like, if I'm in a rush I use a small French press.

I got some great coffee beans from Beans direct uk costly but if you like your coffee !! But I do find a chore in the
    morning if rushing to work. But I nearly have gone off wine its now coffee is my thing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm yet to get a pod machine that I like, if I'm in a rush I use a small French press.
    I'm after getting a Tassimo T40, it is cheap and cheerful but it does the job.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-TAS4011GB-Tassimo-Coffee-Silver/dp/B00193RV90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377040492&sr=8-1&keywords=t40+tassimo

Have to agree the pods do the job and taste good. But when you have time can't
    beat fresh ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

BB's in Dunnes is nice and their muffins not bad either.
    +1 on Mickey D's coffe and they are now doing frappes. Had one. Lovely.

• Advertisement

Aineoil wrote: »
    If you like/love coffee you have to/must go to SOS. Best coffee in Ireland!!! Best coffee outside of Italy.

It's in the Gort Industrial Estate.

I know this sounds weird, but the coffee shop is in Vaughan's garden centre. Just go into the garden centre shop, and to the left is the coffee shop. They do fantastic rolls too.
    I tried the coffee here yesterday and yes very nice served by a nice friendly Brazilian girl. I will be back for more :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

The Gourmet Store (Barrack St). Take away cup for €2.
    Mocha at the top of O'Connell St (in Willow boutique).

Met with guy that owns coffee shop in garden centre out the Gort rd. he is very good and really knows a lot about coffee. He is opening a place in town but I will leave that to him to market. But with out doubt the best take away coffee and yes
    for 2e but my problem is I live out the Gort rd so it could become a habit. By the way I only met this guy yesterday and I have noting to do with his business :)

blowin3 wrote: »
    Met with guy that owns coffee shop in garden centre out the Gort rd. he is very good and really knows a lot about coffee. He is opening a place in town but I will leave that to him to market. But with out doubt the best take away coffee and yes
    for 2e but my problem is I live out the Gort rd so it could become a habit. By the way I only met this guy yesterday and I have noting to do with his business :)

Go on then, name the place up town

Just a hint close to O Connell st but never said which end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

Zest in the market are pretty good. They also do great cakes sit-down/take-away and at reasonable prices for todays world. If one doesn't mind supporting the multi-nationals, McDonalds do a good latte also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

here is an update, that shop on kildysart road has been upgraded ie a re fit and its now known as Bernie's with SPAR franchise. I tried quite a few of those coffees mentoned and one vital bit of information I fogot to mention was price, and quantity. A large cup of superb coffee at Bernie's is 1.80 = awesome. None of the others come near, seen prices like 2.90, 2.39, 2.50 and so on. And of course the taste. Also you get a free coffee with a sunday newspaper. Cant believe I am in Ireland.

Are you connected to the store GB? two mighty plugs within the same thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Just a hint close to O Connell st but never said which end :)

They announced they were taking over the coffee shop above carrig donn :)

maiden wrote: »

Well done maiden did not want to say as not intrude in the guys business . But well worth a try if you like good coffee. No I am not connected to this guy just thought I would say :)

• Advertisement

maiden wrote: »
    Well done maiden did not want to say as not intrude in the guys business . But well worth a try if you like good coffee. No I am not connected to this guy just thought I would say :)

I like shopping in Carraig Donn, it's always good for a bargain. It will be great to have a coffee shop in there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

no i just love great coffee and i have to say i have tasted pure ... sss in a lot of places around ennis but i dont want to name those. i forgot about the price in the first post and the quantity, I did not notice at first until I tried out the places mentioned here. You get a tiny cup of coffee for more than 2 euro thats not nice. By the way this is pure help your self coffee made from the beans not ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I always forget about that coffee shop above Carrig Donn. Haven't been there in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Had a sandwich/salad and two coffees in the new Carrig Donn place today. Absolutely heavenly. If there's any justice there'll be a queue out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Needed to dodge the flogging rain today so we hopped into Carraig Donn and remembered the coffee shop. Have to say it was fabulous. Great sandwiches and as good a coffee as I've had in a long time. Really helpful and friendly staff too. Definitely will be back.

No connection with the place, just a very satisfied customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Clareman wrote: »
    McDonald's coffee is probably the best take away coffee anywhere. If you are looking for quick non-barrista coffee Topaz does quite nice coffee.

Agree Clareman. Topaz do a wonderful filtered coffee, beats the pods anytime.Usually I use Costa ground filtered coffee at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

God good coffee is so hard to get. I plunge the Lavazza Rosa at home but Ireland is rubbish for coffee be it in a restaurant or take away. I have a Nespresso machine but it is only ok.

Costa is fine but most indie places are pish.

buck65 wrote: »
    God good coffee is so hard to get. I plunge the Lavazza Rosa at home but Ireland is rubbish for coffee be it in a restaurant or take away. I have a Nespresso machine but it is only ok.

Costa is fine but most indie places are pish.

You should have been here in the 90's, Maxwell House was the height of sophistication and the zenith of the art of coffee making was to mix the milk in with the coffee granules before adding the hot water. :eek::D
    And instead Cuisine de France you had Jacob's Fig Rolls.
    (Puts on creaky old man voice) You young whippersnappers have no idea!:p

Dr. Fuzzenstein, your post made me smile when I read it :)

Do you remember the cheesey Nescafe adverts? I must admit as a kid I thought they were great :o

• Advertisement

It's yer man from Buffy the Vampire Slayer! :D

edit:
    Still a better love story than Twilight. :cool:

Advertisement