Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird/Cool Firearms

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Ive come across some uncommon firearms like bolt action shotguns but this one tops it i think a 12g shotgun revolver pretty bad ass anyone ever seen one!Any other firearms that r cool or weird out there?

0qn9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

That's prity tasty looking infairness. Is it a 12guage doe.

Check this bad boy out.

Ducks beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Jasus thats what ud want!Ive something that tops that a Punt Gun seen one a couple of times can take out over 50 waterfowl in one shot!

1p80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

1shot16 wrote: »
    Jasus thats what ud want!Ive something that tops that a Punt Gun seen one a couple of times can take out over 50 waterfowl in one shot!

1p80.jpg

Provided you get 50 all in the one spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Imaging the kick in the ear he get from the recoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Ive come across some uncommon firearms like bolt action shotguns but this one tops it i think a 12g shotgun revolver pretty bad ass anyone ever seen one!Any other firearms that r cool or weird out there?

0qn9.jpg

Google reports it as the MTs-255 and although it's available in 12 guage, I'd be of the impression that that picture is of a 20 guage max and more likely a 410.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Have seen bolt action shotguns too, a tiny rook rifle, an AK47 pattern rifle in .22lr and an over and under with a moderator.

extremetaz wrote: »
    Google reports it as the MTs-255 and although it's available in 12 guage, I'd be of the impression that that picture is of a 20 guage max and more likely a 410.

Combing the cylinder if a revolver and a shotgun to come up with a revolver shotgun only the russians would even think of that :p
    Blay wrote: »
    Have seen bolt action shotguns too, a tiny rook rifle, an AK47 pattern rifle in .22lr and an over and under with a moderator.

Hmm whats the story on that under and over silenced shotgun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

ZZ1C967E14.jpg

''Nazi vampire gun'',worlds first night vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 J s682

Saddlery and gun room in the uk do the silenced shotguns they call them hushpower a friend of mine has a .410 pump action hushpower and its a great tool for rabbits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

How do you like this one? It is a Manville shotgun which did exist but was not used as seen in the "Dogs of War" film.

MM1.jpg

DogsOfWarManville.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

if i could have another pistol (and had won the lottery) and i could find one, it would definitely be a webley fosbery automatic revolver.

http://youtu.be/RR9LckGnfO4

Leupold wrote: »
    How do you like this one? It is a Manville shotgun which did exist but was not used as seen in the "Dogs of War" film.

MM1.jpg

DogsOfWarManville.jpg

That is fe*kin badass! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

J s682 wrote: »
    Saddlery and gun room in the uk do the silenced shotguns they call them hushpower ........
    They also do aftermarket mods. Full barrel ones. IIRC
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I was looking at a benelli m3 shotgun yesterday at the club, it switches between semi and pump simply, amazing design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Believe it or not, I have an 's' on my shotgun licence :-). Would be tempted to get one for the Craic!!

How does it the silencer system work on a under and over?

pic1.jpg

single barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

rowa wrote: »
    I was looking at a benelli m3 shotgun yesterday at the club, it switches between semi and pump simply, amazing design.

And works very well to I must say as a proud owner of one.:D
    If you want weird but very sporting with traditional SXS lines check this out.:D

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/products/135

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This is almost identical to the one my dealer has(scroll down the page)

Beretta-20g-Hushpower.jpg

How does it the silencer system work on a under and over?

Port both barrells the length of them and then either pack half the barrel louter length with wire wool or a spiral spring type affair to work as baffles or leave away completely and encase the whole lot in a outside outer tube.Then fire reduced charge shotgun shells or possibly normal shells would be my guess.
    They handle like scaffolding pipes with a buttstock.Tried one on a semi auto a few years ago here in Ireland,quiet all right,but ungainly and expensive with no natural swing of a shotgun
    anymore.
    Later.
    After having a look at the link page pics.They have gone the porting route but in a more refined and nicer bit of engineering than what I suggested.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

This is almost identical to the one my dealer has(scroll down the page)

Beretta-20g-Hushpower.jpg

Can it be taken off easily?Make model?Do you know how much he is looking for?

Im after a 12g shotgun in the next 2/3 months for clay shooting and decoying!Want a Double Barrel but i though a silencer wouldnt be a available on one so i was going to go semi automatic even though i prefer double barrel!

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    If you want weird but very sporting with traditional SXS lines check this out.:D

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/products/135

I hear the m4 cannot be imported as its considered a police and military gun , true or false ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/products/135[/QUOTE]

Used to be called a drilling, or am I showing my age?

Speaking of which, how about old-fashioned shooting around corners

http://www.google.ie/search?q=krummer+lauf&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=F5MSUuK4G8S4hAf46ICgCQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=484

yubabill1 wrote: »

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/products/135[/QUOTE]

if it fired bullets it'd be called a trifle :D , i'll get me coat.

rowa wrote: »
    I hear the m4 cannot be imported as its considered a police and military gun , true or false ?

More like because a genuine "m4" is a select fire firearm,rather than the sweeping generalisation of a "military&police weapon".
    Nothing to say you cant get an AR style modular sporting rifle and tart it up to look like an M4 for whatever reason.Plenty of AR style modular sporting rifles around here at the mo'.
    Nope..Very correct.That is by all definitions a Drilling.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

pic1.jpg

single barrel.

That looks like a door breaching shotgun rather than a silencer. The jagged teeth at the front are designed to grip the wood of a door. But I could be wrong.

Looks like a combo of both.But the pic doesnt do it any favours of how long is actually is??it looks pretty high tech that it has a over pressure vent as well. Look down the can midway there is a 7o clock a protrubence of some kind.
    Dunno why you would want a silencer on a shotgun for door kicking in the first place.Its going to get plenty noisey within seconds of the door coming down thus negating any silent entry advantage.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aOJGiP4E0d8

heres a video of a silenced shot gun vs a bare barrel shot gun. im not impressed TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

nastros wrote: »
    That looks like a door breaching shotgun rather than a silencer. The jagged teeth at the front are designed to grip the wood of a door. But I could be wrong.

It's a combo of silencer/ door breaching choke. The teeth at to ram it in and get a bite into the wood and the holes to vent the gasses.

I'm assuming the large diameter tube rear of the breaching choke is a silencer because it has nothing to do with door breaching, like the choke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Looks like a combo of both.But the pic doesnt do it any favours of how long is actually is??it looks pretty high tech that it has a over pressure vent as well. Look down the can midway there is a 7o clock a protrubence of some kind.
    Dunno why you would want a silencer on a shotgun for door kicking in the first place.Its going to get plenty noisey within seconds of the door coming down thus negating any silent entry advantage.:)

Im with you on that one why would you need to silencer on a door breacher.
    Unless its like a multitool silencer means you don't need to extra gear.

Advertisement