Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Training in Ireland

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, have been reading through some of the threads and now have some serious doubts about studying medicine.. However I feel I have enough passion for the subject to carry me through the pains that the HSE currently impose on NCHD's. Can anyone who works in the sector shed some light to the benefits of studying and training in Ireland, or are there any? Is it difficult to get into the UK system? And what are the employment opportunities for NCHD's like in Ireland? Does an SHO have to apply for a new job every few months? And is there any guarantee they will get a post every few months or so? Also, is there such thing as a permanent SpR post? As in when you finish your 5-7 years as one, and if a consultants post doesn't show up is your only option to look elsewhere (as in abroad) or locum? And finally, what is the current status with the EWTD implementation? Is there any possibility that by the time I would graduate, I, as a NCHD, could actually lead a life independent of work? I would appreciate any advice here and apologies for the 20 questions!! :)

Advertisement