Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD First Years 2013/14

Options
  • 19-08-2013 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Right so I think we have a big new bunch to this forum now and I suppose we might as well get to know each other!

Incoming UCD Engineering student here and I can't believe I'm actually starting in just a couple of weeks now, it'll certainly be very different to my country surroundings :( I'm just waiting impatiently for this registration pack to arrive in the post so I can get down to business! Tips & advice is very much welcome from any of the older students and alumni :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Law student from culchieland, moving to the big smoke alone! Woo UCD mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

I'm not going to get campus and I don't have accommodation sorted, ****

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Kenbob wrote: »
    Law student from culchieland, moving to the big smoke alone! Woo UCD mon!

You won't be alone in your culchie-ness! Then again, I'm praying I don't accidentally adopt a proper D4 accent :P

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

kingcobra wrote: »
    You won't be alone in your culchie-ness! Then again, I'm praying I don't accidentally adopt a proper D4 accent :P
    "Hup outta that" Ah well we'll have to avoid that one..What course did you accept this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

kingcobra wrote: »
    Another culchie here lol! We're gonna take over UCD!

• Advertisement

Kenbob wrote: »
    "Hup outta that" Ah well we'll have to avoid that one..What course did you accept this morning?

Common entry Engineering. So I'm starting on the 3rd...it's all on the UCD site in case anyone hasn't seen it, it has all the schedules for orientation week and loads of other random necessities :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

When does all of this accommodation craic start?

Kerbstone wrote: »
    When does all of this accommodation craic start?

On Wednesday. I'm definitely high enough up on the waiting list but I don't think I'm staying on campus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rad!

First year here also (BCL Matrîse... and just figured out how to make the circumflex on a keyboard, better get used to that).

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

First year Vet Medicine student :) hopefully staying on campus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

International Languages(German&Italian). I doubt I'll get a place on campus :/ .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jojo1991

hey in the same boat as you i'm from cork moving up and need a place to live and people to share with. If you're interested let me know?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Incoming Arts student. Should get on campus accomadation, so where does everyone want to live on campus?

but its so hard if you're a high number to get on campus accommodation. I'm number 3262

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pacni

First year Science student! Hoping to do Maths... Don't think I'm going to get accommodation at 2800 odd on the list and I'm from the North so can't really commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

jojo1991 wrote: »
    but its so hard if you're a high number to get on campus accommodation. I'm number 3262

It's tough alright, ask the student union for advice on renting, they should have a list of suitable places I think

I'm from Cork so have the same problem as you. Its such a treck up and most are gone by the time you get to dublin. I have tried ringing the student union and they've put me on the housing list #nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Incoming first year who has just repeated the leaving and finally got his course - commerce.
    I've been around boards for a while.

Dayum I can't wait for freshers week, gonna get absolutely destroyed.
    I'm very low on the waitlist so I have got a place on campus sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

Number 2800 on waiting list, can see no suitable housing anywhere for me and my friend, does anybody have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Vet Med student, (can't believe I can actually call myself that now :D ) hoping for Merville. Anyone know which clubs/societies you're going to join yet?

• Advertisement

Vet Med student, (can't believe I can actually call myself that now :D ) hoping for Merville. Anyone know which clubs/societies you're going to join yet?

Ultimate Frisbee society Boii!!

That is if there is one, if not.....

Oh and whichever one gives me the most freebies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

vet nursing student here, hailing from culchie central :)
    No accommodation sorted as of yet :(
    As for clubs/societies, would love to join the equestrian but no sure if time/funds allow. What about everyone else?

Just found a racing society :D

Isco wrote: »
    Number 2800 on waiting list, can see no suitable housing anywhere for me and my friend, does anybody have any tips?
    Would looking for a house for 3/4 make it any easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Accepted into Psychology this morning :)

Freaking out a bit because I'm so high on the wait list too. Probably gonna have to find off campus accommodation, but it's so much more difficult that I expected! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Hey everyone, first year business and law student here - lucky for me I live a 5 minute walk from campus! Looking forward to Fresher's week, we should definitely organise a boards meet up or something, make a few friends beforehand

Whats the shtory with the student bar this year???

• Registered Users Posts: 9 athletics95

Just accepted my ucd offer this morning... i know this thread isnt ideal, but what on-campus accom are ye all going for... i like the craic but im not sure which one would be best suited for a first year student who doesnt know anyone at ucd yet... hope ye can help me out, cant wait for freshers week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 athletics95

Dapics wrote: »
    Whats the shtory with the student bar this year???

heard it will open in march?

Just accepted my ucd offer this morning... i know this thread isnt ideal, but what on-campus accom are ye all going for... i like the craic but im not sure which one would be best suited for a first year student who doesnt know anyone at ucd yet... hope ye can help me out, cant wait for freshers week :D

Im going merville, then belgrove

Belgrove has ovens though I think which can be a lifesaver! Also concrete floors... can vouch for that ;)

Every year its different really, one year its this place apparently, the next year this other place.

It's what you make it really I suppose... shtill though I really hope my roommates are buzzers/smoke/drink a lorryload/get rowdy.
    Feck it, I hope the house I'm in is a mad place altogether... first year is for partying!

• Advertisement

Dapics wrote: »
    Im going merville, then belgrove

Belgrove has ovens though I think ...

Not anymore. Apparently they took them all out as they were a fire hazard, no ovens, just rings and microwaves :)

Advertisement