Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD First Years 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LonanC

Incoming first year doing Business and Law from Kerry, just sorted a place in Roebuck Castle. One thing I cant figure is where I can access the student e-mail account or are we suppose to be able to get to it yet? any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 McKrab

LonanC wrote: »
    Incoming first year doing Business and Law from Kerry, just sorted a place in Roebuck Castle. One thing I cant figure is where I can access the student e-mail account or are we suppose to be able to get to it yet? any ideas?

Ye I got mine working the other day. You log into UCD connect using your CAO number and dob as the password and on the top right corner there are a couple of icons one of which is for the email :) It seemed unduly difficult for me to get it synced to my phone and stuff though, like it redirects you to a gmail account after but I was probably just spazzing it a bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LonanC

Ah yes, I see it now. Clearly I put little effort into trying to find that. Sound. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Holly_C

Hey guys! I'm starting medicince in Sept! I'm number 250 on the waiting list for on campus and think it may be time to give up :P Just wondering where abouts ye other unfortunate souls are looking for acc? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xoxo28

Bit of a stab in the dark here but anyone get Roebuck castle and wanna swap with me to Muckross catered ????
    Ill do aaaaanything to get a spot there.Transfer list opens the 9th of September . Also you can only move from catered to catered just so you know! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 D.J. Shore

are ppl who didn't get oncampus accom. looking for digs or are ye just trying to rent a house between ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnswersWelcome

hi everyone! i am now 69 on the wait list. i am just wondering is there a chance i will get offered anything? and if so what is left? is the accomodation which is left any way suitable to 1st years? and hich would yous recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmckeon

does anyone know what number the twin rooms are in belgrove

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

Yeah man, we're all gonna go pub together at some point during fresher's! By the sound of things it'll be the first UCD boardsies meet up

That'd be cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

so me and 2 boys got an unreal apartment in Ballsbridge, 2 rooms between 3 for 415 euro a month each. 40 min walk from UCD, 15 mins from Grafton Street and on a direct bus route to UCD. Absolutly buzzing! Keep looking on daft.ie , you will find something great, even when it seems hopeless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Does anyone know what the story is with UCD Connect? Do you have to be registered to use it? Or does it have the same log in details to sisweb

• Registered Users Posts: 9 markojordo

TheZooBox wrote: »
    Merville House 19, Apt 6, room 2 anyone? Coming from Belfast to do medicine, howdy folks

Haha i'm in the same apartment, room 1 :L thats mad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

xoxo28 wrote: »
    Bit of a stab in the dark here but anyone get Roebuck castle and wanna swap with me to Muckross catered ????
    Ill do aaaaanything to get a spot there.Transfer list opens the 9th of September . Also you can only move from catered to catered just so you know! :)

Wouldn't get your hopes up tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xoxo28

Fad wrote: »
    Wouldn't get your hopes up tbh :(

I know :/ worth a shot Though gonna keep optimistic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arthur Rimbaud

Rad! wrote: »
    First year here also (BCL Matrîse... and just figured out how to make the circumflex on a keyboard, better get used to that).
    1st year BCL Maitrîse here as well! I wonder how many first years there are. I gather the intake is tiny, something like 5 students?

Furiously brushing up on my French at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 athletics95

AvaLang wrote: »
    Anybody in Belgrove House 30, Apt. 6? :)

Belgrove house 31 :-) hi neighbour!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

They've put up the social events timetable for orientation week and a load of stuff is during the day when we've course related events on :pac: I take it we'll be too pre-occupied to go to these things and is anyone heading into UCD for a third or fourth day ie. a free day that isn't on the orientation timetable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ItsDenisBetch

Hi! I'm a first year Arts student who was wondering If anyone in either Merville or Belgrove would be interested into transferring their place for mine.

I'm aware that most undergraduates are very content with their accommodation and I accept that but If there's anyone not wanting to live on the campus anymore, please consider?
    This is my first time away from home so I don't know If I feel comfortable living off-campus. Don't get me wrong, I've heard great things about Blackrock as accommodation & a place to live. This is just my preference.

In particular, maybe a post-graduate who's studying in the blackrock campus?
    Anyway, thank you for reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Does anyone know what the story is with UCD Connect? Do you have to be registered to use it? Or does it have the same log in details to sisweb

UCD Connect and SISWeb have the same log in details. Username is your CAO number, which becomes you student number and you password is your date of birth in the form of ddmmyy - it is recommended you change this when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Maldesu wrote: »
    UCD Connect and SISWeb have the same log in details. Username is your CAO number, which becomes you student number and you password is your date of birth in the form of ddmmyy - it is recommended you change this when you can.

Thanks, I figured it out after a while, will my date of birth be my ucd email password as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arthur Rimbaud

Yes, it's your birthday in the form DDMMYY

Thanks, I figured it out after a while, will my date of birth be my ucd email password as well?

Yeah. When you log into UCD Connect it allows you access to your email, SISWeb and Blackboard without inputting your access details again. Hence its name as it Connects you to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmckeon

belgrove house 32 anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joseug

Theres a Facebook group to find your neighbours if you're in Glenomena called "Glenomena 13/14".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/122508777919645/

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

What's the situation with picking modules and stuff? Do we have to do that before we get up there?

woopah92 wrote: »
    What's the situation with picking modules and stuff? Do we have to do that before we get up there?

I think it's recommended that you have the modules sorted by the time lectures start, the 9th, but I'm not sure if it's an absolute necessity. But either way, you have to book a module registration start time on the 27th and then you pick your modules at that time, usually on the 29th. The sooner to book them the better!

woopah92 wrote: »

You have to log into SISWeb on the 28th Aug to get a start time. It will be located on the bottom right of the page and you will get the earliest time slot available, which is 8am. Picking modules starts the next day at 8am (for those with that time slot)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ucdfresher13

What happens during freshers week? and regarding all the nights out are they on during lecture time?

i dont know anybody whos going to be in ucd so how do i find someone to hang with during freshers week? (noob question but still :P)

What happens during freshers week? and regarding all the nights out are they on during lecture time?

i dont know anybody whos going to be in ucd so how do i find someone to hang with during freshers week? (noob question but still :P)

Well there's a few expos and activities on on-campus and then I think a lot of the lectures are introductory lectures, ie. little or no actual learning, although I'm not sure with UCD as freshers week will be our 2nd or 3rd week in. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if all the nights out are on during lecture time...but I know splitting hangovers in the lecture theatres are the norm! :P

I promise you you will meet people in the same situation as yourself! Are you staying on-campus? Sure look if you're stuck you've always got the boardsies on here...but you've got to be cool :cool: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 clairec463

General nursing for me! Im on campus in Roebuck halls, thank god its not catered! I'd hate that!

Advertisement