Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD First Years 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Thataone wrote: »
    Not anymore. Apparently they took them all out as they were a fire hazard, no ovens, just rings and microwaves :)

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! THINK OF THE FROZEN PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago Town... :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 athletics95

Dapics wrote: »
    Im going merville, then belgrove

Belgrove has ovens though I think which can be a lifesaver! Also concrete floors... can vouch for that ;)

Every year its different really, one year its this place apparently, the next year this other place.

It's what you make it really I suppose... shtill though I really hope my roommates are buzzers/smoke/drink a lorryload/get rowdy.
    Feck it, I hope the house I'm in is a mad place altogether... first year is for partying!

thanks for the reply, were thinking along the same lines :-P shur everyone will be going mad the first week, house parties galore! hopefully Merville will be the main place to be this year. . .

is there hobs in Merville, there has to be something anyway :-)

and doya know if you share with lads and girls, i read that its 50/50 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

thanks for the reply, were thinking along the same lines :-P shur everyone will be going mad the first week, house parties galore! hopefully Merville will be the main place to be this year. . .

is there hobs in Merville, there has to be something anyway :-)

and doya know if you share with lads and girls, i read that its 50/50 ?

Yeah I think there is.

Yeah ya share a house with both lads and girls, though most rooms will be girl only and boy only, not because it has to be that way, but that's just the way people will choose their rooms.

I can't wait for freshers... gonna get so buzzed up man!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Dapics wrote: »
    Whats the shtory with the student bar this year???

It was open today, no idea what that guy who said March is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Is it standard prices in the bar?

Sorry stupid question. what are the prices like in the bar?

• Advertisement

Clubhouse was open today, student bar is a different building.

Clubhouse was open today, student bar is a different building.

That building won't be a bar again, it's where student cards are being given out this year. It could be used to host big gigs every once in a while but it's not financially viable, the clubhouse will be the main bar for years to come.

That building won't be a bar again, it's where student cards are being given out this year. It could be used to host big gigs every once in a while but it's not financially viable, the clubhouse will be the main bar for years to come.

Yep I'm aware. As long as there's at least one pool table in the forum I'm happy.

Yep I'm aware. As long as there's at least one pool table in the forum I'm happy.

Aren't they all where the pharmacy was in the old SU building?

Yeah but you can't get drunk and play pool in there, what's the point? :p

• Advertisement

And I can't believe they god rid of the Trap for whatever it was (something for Filmsoc I think). That place was raking in such a large amount of money, and this new place is empty a lot of the time as a lot of people aren't aware of its existence. Silly decision. Anyway, back to first years saying hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Number 2224 on waiting list for on campus...probably way too down hope I get it because I'm from Kerry hi! Will tHey email us or what is the protocol?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Actuarial and financial studies :), from Offaly, haven't a clue about accommodation yet, looked up a few places, so far no find really ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EmmaL94

starting food science in 2 weeks and i'm over 3500 on the waiting list so doubt i'll get anything and i'm from galway so commuting isn't really an option...anyone looking to share accommodation? let me know :) it's a nightmare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

just accepted social science this morning! not sure if ill get campus, anyone knows of any houses with space for 2 more, message!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

1st year biomed here :p I have on campus accommodation sorted (#290ish on the list) I've yet to see anyone else doing Biomed on boards yet, and lads, another culchie here too ;) We'll be taking over Dublin so we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Andy279

First - time poster here. Incoming student in Economics program. I will probably live in Muckross Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hussar

I've followed the forums for over a year now, but never felt the urge to reigster. First time poster just like Andy.

For me it's engineering. Cant wait for the moment I'll be making my own tanks and bring doom to all the god damn idiots I've met over the years.
    I'm around 90th on the wating list. It'll be either belgrove or merville.

But seriously... engineering... WTF have i gotten myself into!? I haz bad feelings about it D:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Anyone else get a letter from UCD this morning welcoming us to college? I've just read through the brochure, all this module stuff seems a bit complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Anyone else get a letter from UCD this morning welcoming us to college? I've just read through the brochure, all this module stuff seems a bit complicated.

Yup, thought the exact same! Think it's a case of read it, read it again and then just home it all makes sense when you get there/need to fuss around with all that online stuff :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

Science anyone? :D I'm around 790 on the accommodation waiting list, does anyone have any idea how many people they'll email on Wednesday? Presumably the first 600 or so that have accepted UCD? I really hope I scrape that because I'm away after Thursday :S

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nkdagg

Computer science :), from Tipperary, over 3700 in the waiting list , so most likely looking to share accommodation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 McKrab

Economics and Finance here, cant wait to get started! I've heard orientation is seriously cringey though so dont know how to feel about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mark_savage

Flabangav wrote: »
    First year Vet Medicine student :) hopefully staying on campus!
    same here does anyone know what halls is closest to the vet school

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

same here does anyone know what halls is closest to the vet school

Did you get the brochure thing from ucd in the post today? There's a map on the last page. It looks like Belgrove is closest but I'd say there's only few minutes difference between the different residences if you're walking to the vet building.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Student13.

UCD Science.I applied for DN200BBB,but in the offer it was just DN200?Did I get common entry offer or am I on UCD computer in Dn200BBB,cos the registration for DN200,and DN200BBB are on different days?Anyone with the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nc201094

Student13. wrote: »
    UCD Science.I applied for DN200BBB,but in the offer it was just DN200?Did I get common entry offer or am I on UCD computer in Dn200BBB,cos the registration for DN200,and DN200BBB are on different days?Anyone with the same problem?

I was the same I applied for law and social justice DN600 LSJ but it only showed DN600 law on the offers! I assume I stil had DN600 LSJ but I'm unsure now, does anyone know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

Anyone in Medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

1st year Med student here. Also got the thing in the post today but haven't really looked at it yet!

I've noticed thought that students of different courses are in for different days during orientation week! I'm starting September 4th :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 athletics95

Science anyone? :D I'm around 790 on the accommodation waiting list, does anyone have any idea how many people they'll email on Wednesday? Presumably the first 600 or so that have accepted UCD? I really hope I scrape that because I'm away after Thursday :S

science too :-D this module craic is so confusing! im 723rd and was told i am nearly a definite for accommodation. . . hopefully we will be getting an email tomorrow :-) can't decide between Merville and Belgrove now I've researched it a bit more. .

Advertisement