Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD First Years 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

That's what I said :P

Sorry I misread, thanks :)

Fad wrote: »
    Basically, if you have a problem, contact the programme office.

I cannot say enough nice things about the science one, they are incredibly helpful.

Do you know what their opening hours are? I'll be in on Saturday for the mature student orientation day, will they be open then you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

gline wrote: »
    Do you know what their opening hours are? I'll be in on Saturday for the mature student orientation day, will they be open then you reckon?

Really doubt it but it'll be here http://www.ucd.ie/science/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Hey lads :) we're having a boards meet up if you haven't heard. There's 26 of us already so if you want to meet new freshers and have some fun pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Don't nearly use boards enough these days to warrant this comment but sure feck, I'll be joining ye in UCD this year studying Grad Med.

In other news, when do we get access to Blackboard? I've not been able to log in via the direct url nor the link in ucd connect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Jammyc wrote: »
    Don't nearly use boards enough these days to warrant this comment but sure feck, I'll be joining ye in UCD this year studying Grad Med.

In other news, when do we get access to Blackboard? I've not been able to log in via the direct url nor the link in ucd connect?

Registration is still ongoing so it will probably be a few more days. On my blackboard I still have last years modules showing up. Is your connect working ok cos I know there were lagging behind on email so it may be that usernames are all set up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Maldesu wrote: »
    Registration is still ongoing so it will probably be a few more days. On my blackboard I still have last years modules showing up. Is your connect working ok cos I know there were lagging behind on email so it may be that usernames are all set up yet.

Yeah its most likely just a matter of waiting the few days. Connect is working fine, blackboard asks for an external password when I try to log in. I'm just being bored and impatient tbh. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ruth fitzmaurice

Engineering anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Engineering anyone??

Yep! See you Tuesday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fanatec

Engineering anyone??

Yep, me too! There seems to be a fair few of us around here:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

on registration my introduction to sociology status is full meaning I can't register in it, my registration is saying warning only 1 of 2 mandatory fields chosen. Dont really understand this stram lark either.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

It seems like we shouldn't worry too much about module registration problems 'til we start orientation week. They'll be plenty of people around to help us out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Route1 wrote: »
    on registration my introduction to sociology status is full meaning I can't register in it, my registration is saying warning only 1 of 2 mandatory fields chosen. Dont really understand this stram lark either.

Is Sociology one of your main subjects? If it is, you need at least 2 modules to be able to progress. If you are only doing it to fill a gap, don't worry about it. The warning is only there to tell you that you'd have a progression issue - though clarity isn't its strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

If you have any major difficulties, there are registration labs in the Engineering Building, room 321, for the first week or two of the semester.

yeah, it is, so far have 50 credits doing Psychology as a 3rd stream and only have the option to register to " The introduction of psychology" i am doing one elective as well " the theory of coaching" and am trying to choose another elective for semester 2 but its not giving me permission to choose a second elective stating that surplus credits cannot be chosen until the 7th of september.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone know how Arts orientation is split up across the days? I heard mention that it's no longer alphabetized due to too 'A' surnames this year.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Anyone know how Arts orientation is split up across the days? I heard mention that it's no longer alphabetized due to too 'A' surnames this year.

Yeh it changed, details will be emailed to the ucdconnect accounts of those affected, so we were told today in the mature student orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

anyone any recommendation on what elective I should do, im going to be doing actuarial and financial studies

Yeh it changed, details will be emailed to the ucdconnect accounts of those affected, so we were told today in the mature student orientation.

I was there and missed that bit completely, cheers.

I was there and missed that bit completely, cheers.
    haha cool, what you studying?

• Advertisement

haha cool, what you studying?

English and Sociology, how about you? How'd you find it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

aarond280 wrote: »
    anyone any recommendation on what elective I should do, im going to be doing actuarial and financial studies

It's always recommended that you do a language for at least one of your electives in the Applied language centre, if that's your thing. Apart from that, you could try Algorithmic problem solving or web design to compliment your intro to programming. The analysis module would compliment some of your maths modules this year. However, in my opinion you should just do something which your are interested in and want to know more about rather than worrying about how it relates to your degree.

English and Sociology, how about you? How'd you find it today?
    Im studying physics. Yeh it was ok today, not really any new info though, I had heard most of the info before from other sources. Good to meet more mature students though. It was strange that he said mature student entries were down this year, I would have thought they would be going up, good news for us though I suppose as less applicants = more chance for those that applied :D How did you find it today?

Im studying physics. Yeh it was ok today, not really any new info though, I had heard most of the info before from other sources. Good to meet more mature students though. It was strange that he said mature student entries were down this year, I would have thought they would be going up, good news for us though I suppose as less applicants = more chance for those that applied :D How did you find it today?

It was grand, mostly. I'd agree, mostly running over trodden ground, but it was good buzz to be around other matures. You didn't do the essay workshop last week by any chance, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

has anyones labs for modules/electives been added to their UCD connect calendar?

It was grand, mostly. I'd agree, mostly running over trodden ground, but it was good buzz to be around other matures. You didn't do the essay workshop last week by any chance, did you?

Yeh I was at the creative writing work shop and the 2x maths hot topic classes and in on Monday. Were you there too?

has anyones labs for modules/electives been added to their UCD connect calendar?
    No, mine hasnt yet

Can anyone help me out im still puzzled about getting the right amount of credits?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

Route1 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out im still puzzled about getting the right amount of credits?

sixty

soixante

its the magic number. 60 credits per year, thats all you need to be sure you have. whether thats 30 per semester, or 25/35 or whatever, it doesnt matter :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Student13.

Anyone took up level 2 modules?I gonna take Phar 20030 as elective and physiology of int environment level 2 .

Advertisement