Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD First Years 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

It starts on the 3rd afaik
    Orientation is the 3rd. Freshers is the 16th IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 speechless

Hi,
    Anyone who has booked already or recently, can you tell me please if you were able to see if Glenomena or Roebuck Hall was full up by now?

No. 96 on the list and still hopeful of a place on campus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlmondMilk

speechless wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone who has booked already or recently, can you tell me please if you were able to see if Glenomena or Roebuck Hall was full up by now?

No. 96 on the list and still hopeful of a place on campus :)

Hopefully they're not booked up!
    I'm 236 and trying to stay hopeful :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 michael1011

AlmondMilk wrote: »
    Hopefully they're not booked up!
    I'm 236 and trying to stay hopeful :/
    i'm 220 id say we'll know if were getting a spot around 4pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Xoxogossipgirl

Only ones I've seen left are black rock, Roebuck catered and muckross. Pretty crap if you're just in from work like I am...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

does anyone how to change your username and password for connect, from cao application number and dob ?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

aarond280 wrote: »
    does anyone how to change your username and password for connect, from cao application number and dob ?

I'm not sure if you can change the username but you can change the password. Just click on the IT Services tab in UCD Connect and you'll see the password change tool there.

so does your username remain your cao number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZONE

For those of you who accepted accommodation today was there an option for you to decline the offer? ie. was there a decline button?

I'm hoping the ongoing decrease in the waitlist is due to offer declines and not just acceptances.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

ZONE wrote: »
    For those of you who accepted accommodation today was there an option for you to decline the offer? ie. was there a decline button?

Thanks

I don't think there was, but I'm open to correction. I wouldn't have been looking for it anyway :pac: I think the way to decline is just to leave the offer until it expires after 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

aarond280 wrote: »
    so does your username remain your cao number ?

As far as I know, yes. I think it's your Student ID now

I don't think there was, but I'm open to correction. I wouldn't have been looking for it anyway :pac: I think the way to decline is just to leave the offer until it expires after 24 hours.

If there isn't a decline button then a lot of people must have accepted places today, even more so than previous years. I was 740 on the waitlist at 4pm and now I am 110 so that means 630 accepted accommodation (or declined if that option exists).

Thanks anyway.

kingcobra wrote: »
    that cleared a lot up, thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

ZONE wrote: »
    If there isn't a decline button then a lot of people must have accepted places today, even more so than previous years. I was 740 on the waitlist at 4pm and now I am 110 so that means 630 accepted accommodation (or declined if that option exists).

Thanks anyway.

630 out of 700 on the first day? That's crazy! From looking at previous years' threads it seemed to have stabilised at around 500 before. :/ You're still in with a good chance I'd say, seeing as there are over 70 spots left ^^

630 out of 700 on the first day? That's crazy! From looking at previous years' threads it seemed to have stabilised at around 500 before. :/ You're still in with a good chance I'd say, seeing as there are over 70 spots left ^^

Yeah, I hope so. That's why I'm still hoping a decline button exists :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Student13.

This module choice is a bit hard to understand :confused: ,so after doing a bit of research,I think I understand it :D ,please someone in stage 2(or higher) of DN200 correct me if Im wrong.So I found a website -

https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/w_sm_web_inf_viewer_banner.show_major?&p_cao_code=DN200&p_term_code=201100&p_major_code=SCU1&p_cao_code=DN200&p_website_mode=CONTINUING&p_show_prog_link=Y&p_crumb=#bookmarklink2SCU1_S1

That has the modules listing .So I am for example BBB biological sciences.Bellow on the page there is Subject /stream .So I press there to get biological sciences and it brings me to this link:
    https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/w_sm_web_inf_viewer_banner.show_major?p_term_code=201100&p_website_mode=CONTINUING&p_major_code=BLC1&p_crumb=%3CA%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fsisweb.ucd.ie%2Fusis%2Fw_sm_web_inf_viewer_banner.show_major%3F%26p_cao_code%3DDN200%26p_term_code%3D201100%26p_major_code%3DSCU1%26p_cao_code%3DDN200%26p_website_mode%3DCONTINUING%26p_show_prog_link%3DY%26p_crumb%3D%22%3E%20DN200%20Science%20-%20Omnibus%3C%2FA%3E

So as I understand I will have to select all of these modules and two other ones (as elective-from any degrees)?

Do I get it right?I know its a 2011/12 modules but I presume they would stay the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

kingcobra wrote: »
    The last time I logged in (can't remember whether it was SIS or Connect), there was a box with username and my first name initial and my surname (eg. jsmith) which worked for me to log back in with.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Student13. wrote: »
    I know its a 2011/12 modules but I presume they would stay the same.

Modules could easily not stay the same... you're gonna be a scientist, you have to question things and not assume things stay the same:P
    Here is the less antiquated list. You're correct in that you have 10 credits a year that you can do in anything. You can do more Science modules if you like, or you can go and do some other random subject.

In that second link you posted, the top three modules are "Core" - they're compulsory, and everyone in BBB does them.
    Of the second three modules, you must do introductory modules in Maths, Biology & Chemistry if you don't have above a HC3 in your LC in each of them individually. An A in ordinary Maths excuses you from this however.
    In the third set of three modules, you must do two out of the three modules, can do them in either 1st or 2nd year, but it recommends that if you want to do a biology-related degree, you do them all in 1st year.
    Lastly, Foundations of Physics is a module you must do if you want to do a degree in Physiology or Neuroscience, and have not gotten a HC3 in LC Physics.

The system has changed slightly since then in terms of choice, but it's roughly the same. Have a look at the link I gave for the details.

I'm just heading into final year of a Biology-related degree, so if you've any questions, fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

2 male students, doing social science and engineering looking to for place to share with any group of first years that have space for us! pm me for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Friendly1

Alright there
    Anyone else going for law here ?
    Anyone else staying in the Blackrock campus ?

• Advertisement

Hussar wrote: »
    So, im i the only one at blackrock? I got a second to look, and all ive seen is postgraduates. :S

Im in Blackrock too. Got late in so its only thing that was left. What building in Blackrock are you located in ? Im in west hall btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I live in Blackrock, a lot of first years end up living in Blackrock. It's not that far from campus, it's only a pain because the bus that goes from Blackrock to campus is pretty unreliable but it's within a reasonable cycling distance (walking too, but it'd take a while).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Anniiekeane

what number were you on the waiting list starting off?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rad!

Has anyone been able to start registration and pay fees yet?

I'm getting this, even though registration was supposed to open today:
    Registration for 2013/14 is not available for you at this point.

Check your registration dates
    : http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates.html

If you have outstanding fees from a previous year you will not be able to register.

Go to the Registration, Fees & Assessment tab at the top of this page.
    Choose Pay Fees from the menu and pay any outstanding amounts.
    Processing of late payments may take up to two days.

If you wish to pay fees in advance of registration:

Go to the Registration, Fees & Assessment tab at the top of this page.
    Choose Pay Fees from the menu and pay the relevant amount.
    Your registration dates will be as indicated above.

If your programme's registration has begun and you still see this screen it may mean that the post-admissions processing of your record is not complete. New registrations are released once a day. Please check again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Friendly1 wrote: »
    Alright there
    Anyone else going for law here ?
    Anyone else staying in the Blackrock campus ?

I'm doing Business and Law, so I'll probably be in some of your law lectures

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Rad! wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to start registration and pay fees yet?

I'm getting this, even though registration was supposed to open today:

It opens at three if you accepted your offer before 5.00 on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Xoxogossipgirl

Which blackrock are people going to?

Fad wrote: »
    I live in Blackrock, a lot of first years end up living in Blackrock. It's not that far from campus, it's only a pain because the bus that goes from Blackrock to campus is pretty unreliable but it's within a reasonable cycling distance (walking too, but it'd take a while).

Ok thanks a lot :)
    What bus number would take me from Blackrock to UCD if lets say the weather is too bad to cycle like in the winter ?

I'm doing Business and Law, so I'll probably be in some of your law lectures

Thats good then :) I was going for that too but ended up 5pts short :/ . Still might get Law and Business there in September if some places would vacant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Anyone point me towards any areas to look for accommodation off campus? Not too sure what areas are close! Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement