Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More fuel for LinkedIn sceptics!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

I have to admit I more or less completely disregard LinkedIn endorsements. It is nice when someone endorses you, but how LinkedIn figure something which can be given at the click of a button can be worth something is beyond me.

At least a recommendation requires an element of thought and effort, and it reflect more on the giver of the recommendation as well.

I suspect however that LinkedIn are mainly just interested in building more engagement on the platform, which is fair enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Rather sad for a site that is supposed to portray clinical professional values. Some cynic might say it is just adds to traffic and thus advert dollars!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

Rather sad for a site that is supposed to portray clinical professional values. Some cynic might say it is just adds to traffic and thus advert dollars!

All about the almighty dollar with those guys Peter! It's funny as that site is becoming more like Facebook by the day. It used to be quite conservative and formal, it's gotten a lot more noisy, cluttered and 'spammy' of late. They also overdo it on the email update / notifications front. That said, it does offer some good business articles here and there, and the 'influencer' content can be good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I've been endorsed for a 3D CAD program I use by a friend I haven't spoken to years, she wouldn't know anything about that CAD program though. It came as a surprise to me to be honest!

Advertisement