Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is cheapest place in city center for clothes alternation?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering where is cheapest place in city center for clothes alternation,please? I bought two trousers both are two long for me. Spill beans, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I have gone to a place on Abbey Street a few times and I have found them well priced. I think it's called Zip Yard. It's a black building down from Ben Dunne gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 figgisp

There's a place on South Anne Street, off Graton Street that are really good and they are cheap. Have used them loads and would really recommend them. Altered my wedding dress for €30 whereas wedding dress alterations usually have a ridiculous price tag attached.
    Alteration Centre (Dublin 2)
    [URL="javascript:void(0)"]Correct the details of this business[/URL]42084.gif
    28 Anne St Sth 2 Co. Dublin
    D2 Dublin 2 (Dublin city)

(01)6776258

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

I want to get a number of shirts altered, I looked at zipyard website and they only list shortening for €12 which seems pricey and it's getting the body taken in so the shirt are slimmer fitting that I need. So I need tailoring really, can anyone recommend some place? €10 or less per alteration would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dareden

I turned the corner of Anne Street South to go to Alteration Centre and I saw a Zip Yard has just opened up there. But I decided to give my business to an older Dublin institution. I got a pair of trousers repaired. €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

I go to a wee shop in Kimmage, I know it's not the city centre but after living here many years this is the the best valued place which I have come across. Do not know the name.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

simonsays1 wrote: »
    I go to a wee shop in Kimmage, I know it's not the city centre but after living here many years this is the the best valued place which I have come across. Do not know the name.......

Very helpful to the OP who can now wander the streets of Kimmage looking for a shop :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

Dear schemingbohemia, All the OP has to do is Google alteration shop Kimmage......

Anyway, I just did. Clothing Alterations, 12 Sundrive Rd, Dublin 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Got a text from zip yard saying spend €30 and get a €10 voucher until 30/09/13

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭sky2424

xiuzhen wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering where is cheapest place in city center for clothes alternation,please? I bought two trousers both are two long for me. Spill beans, please?

I went to zip yard last year, found it expensive tbh- 20 quid to get my jeans taken in. Haven't been back since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

Picked up my three shirts from the alteration centre off grafton street at lunch time. Very happy with the work but it wasn't cheap. Came to €54 to get the body of the shirts taken in.

There is a charm to the old style of the place.

There is a Zipyard across the street but I went to the Zipyard in Limerick before to get a suit altered and they did a poor overpriced job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dareden

There is an offer at the moment from that new place at the top of Quays, Bachelor walk.

Zip 'N' Stitch
    €9 for €20 Voucher or €18 for €40 Voucher to Spend on Garment Alteration Services at Zip 'N' Stitch, Dublin 1

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/zip-n-stitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

You're all way off here. Without doubt Jude Hughes is one of the best and cheapest tailors in Dublin. Located in the basement of 71 Lr. Abbey Street.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/fashion/dublin-s-best-tailor-1.1396569

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

There's an alterations place on Marrowbone lane,Dublin 8.

It's on the same side as the malthouse apartments on a corner with a sign in the garden.

Advertisement