Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Swansea why 16.00 KO?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm very happy with that,clean sheets are great to see,Paulinho is my MOTM,closely followed by Capoue.two beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

city lost :-) ha well done cardiff too delighted for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

I see Bales diving antics have been replaced already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Good to have six points before meeting the gooners next. Hope we can sign a playmaker to get more service to striker before Sept 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

No goal from play yet in the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

3 points, clean sheet, slight concern at the lack of goals from play but if you offered me that before kickoff I'd have bitten your hand off for it.

P_1 wrote: »
    3 points, clean sheet, slight concern at the lack of goals from play but if you offered me that before kickoff I'd have bitten your hand off for it.

Bitten a hand off for a 1-0 at home to Swansea ? If we are going to get top four, today was a must win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

i think the score line flattered swansea a lot...paulinhio should have had a hattrick himself.
    hopefully we will pick up lamela & erikson & the new romanian kid & we will be set .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

mickman wrote: »
    Bitten a hand off for a 1-0 at home to Swansea ? If we are going to get top four, today was a must win

Exactly, a no drama, 3 points is just what the doctor ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    No goal from play yet in the league

Hopefully a creative spark will be signed this coming week and also the new players will need a few game to fully gel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Hopefully a creative spark will be signed this coming week and also the new players will need a few game to fully gel.

I dunno we got enough in the EL match against an admittedly poor team but we still scored.

Also we have been creating chances. I'm not worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Townsend and Chadli today for Bale and Lennon...jaysus that depresses me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I agree Bale is impossible to replace but not a lot in it between Townsend and Lennon, imo.

Lamela and Townsend will the new pairing. Lamela is no bale but with all the other additions we are far stronger than last season

Look at centre midfield . Hudd / Parker / Livermore / dembele versus dembele / paulinho / capoue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Bit like that film Moneyball.

Who is going to get you more points:

Bale as essentially a one man team
    Or
    Paulinho,Capoue,Soldado and whoever "replaces" Bale.

For me its the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Missed the game today as I was at the GAA, but delighted to see we're getting victories, especially considering the Bale saga is hanging over us a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

ziedth wrote: »

For me its the latter

Agreed. Bale got us out of jail plenty of times last year.

But we might not have been in such a bad situation with a stronger side. We played a lot of games last year with Siggy out left, trying hard but not producing and there's a reason why Dempsey ended up in MLS and Parker/Hudd/Livermore ended up with relegation fodder clubs. They're not champions league players + Ade by and large had a nightmare season.

This season I think we have a stronger starting XL plus greater strength in depth and I think we'll buy one or two more players. If things go our way we should deffo get CL this year and with a bit of luck who know? Big changes at the big three clubs who know? COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Only saw the hightlights, seemed we played well but are still lacking that certain someone with the killer pass ala Xavi, Silva, Mata:
    image6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Only saw the hightlights, seemed we played well but are still lacking that certain someone with the killer pass ala Xavi, Silva, Mata:
    image6.jpg

Or Modric..

slegs wrote: »
    Or Modric..

Didn't wanna say it:o

• Advertisement

Good analysis of Paulinho's performance yesterday on MNF and MOTD, he looks a serious player.

Advertisement