Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

On Da Rebels!!!!!!!

Hon the Banner!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 terraces

What a game, got a ticket in the morning, walking around with a sign. Only way really. Will up my game now for the replay.

Anyone with tickets for the replay PM please.

On Da Rebels!!!!!!!

Was that easy to get tickets this way? From which time / how long you've been here? Mostly touts or face value?

Trying to get the temperature for the football final...

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

The equivalent of what a young fella does at a teenage disco. Just approach everyone, be polite yet unnerved by rejection, or throw away comments like "you're wasting your time", "its sold out".

I mostly stuck to my own county, I just thought the Clare fans might be more reluctant. Asked people at my bus-stop, on the bus, The burst of rain helped on O'Connell street, pushed everyone under the GPO, no joy there though. Then headed around the pubs as they started serving. Knew a lad in Quinns who might had one for me but needed two and got them in Murray's.

One my walk to the big Tree two lads in front had a sign and two Waterford lads stopped them and had 2 spares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

In a stadium with 82,300 capacity, 81,651 attended the game today so 600+odd tickets went unused. All tickets were sold, so somewhere along the line there was people with 80euro tickets in their pockets going to waste.

In comparison the football last year (Mayo Donegal) had 82,269 attending and the football the year before (Dublin v Kerry) a 82,300 attendance - not ONE spare ticket to be had.

Was there tickets floating about before the game (649 of them to be precise) or did that many folks just decide not to travel up on the day or something?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I saw 2 people selling tickets on my way to Drumcondra today - I wasn't looking to buy one but I reckon if you had REALLY wanted a ticket today and were willing to put effort in to looking you would have got one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Was there tickets floating about before the game (649 of them to be precise) or did that many folks just decide not to travel up on the day or something?

I'd say most of them were the people who crashed on the way up, there was an awful lot of small tips around the place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

In a stadium with 82,300 capacity, 81,651 attended the game today so 600+odd tickets went unused. All tickets were sold, so somewhere along the line there was people with 80euro tickets in their pockets going to waste.

In comparison the football last year (Mayo Donegal) had 82,269 attending and the football the year before (Dublin v Kerry) a 82,300 attendance - not ONE spare ticket to be had.

Corporate most likely
    "I know the game storts in like 2 minutes Sneachta but these prawn sandwiches are absolutely devine"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Corporate most likely
    "I know the game storts in like 2 minutes Sneachta but these prawn sandwiches are absolutely devine"
    I disagree - and also disagree with all the corporate box bashing in general.
    The corp boxes are 100% utilized. Those sums of money are shelled out for two days only, you can be damn sure the boxes are full on AI day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

mooman wrote: »
    I'd say most of them were the people who crashed on the way up, there was an awful lot of small tips around the place!!

I got mine in Drumcondra on the day, his mate hadn't turned up. Wasn't too hard to get them on the day if you'd your wits about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I'm looking for 3 tickets for the hurling replay
    Will take single tickets in different parts of the stadium or anything at all really :)

Please PM if you happen to have tickets

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Collie D wrote: »

Yes they reduced the prices for the reply last year and made kids tickets also available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

There seemed to be a lot of people holding onto tickets in the hope of swapping for football tickets. Maybe some of them held on too long and got burned.

Maybe some corporate tickets or ones bought as prizes and that kind of thing didn't get used.

Possible also that some of the touts got burned.
    I saw 2 guys that I presume to be touts getting arrested near Drumcondra station.

A friend picked up 2 tickets in Ryans a couple of hours before the match
    Another friend got one on O'Connell St outside The Gresham
    So, there definitely were people with spares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Could be very difficult this time to get tickets for the hurling replay, as the chance for swaps with Football ticket holders is all but gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

kippy wrote: »
    Could be very difficult this time to get tickets for the hurling replay, as the chance for swaps with Football ticket holders is all but gone.

Supposedly there were loads of tickets available on the day of the replay last year. A lot of people go to the AI final every year and make a big day/weekend out of it. Many don't seem to have the dosh/inclination to repeat the dose 3 weeks later - even with reduced ticket prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Supposedly there were loads of tickets available on the day of the replay last year. A lot of people go to the AI final every year and make a big day/weekend out of it. Many don't seem to have the dosh/inclination to repeat the dose 3 weeks later - even with reduced ticket prices.

That is true, replays do not have the same demand for tickets as the first game.
    As you said the GAA people from places other than the competing counties may not go the second day, and the folks who come from abroad do not usually come back because of time\cost etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

That is true, replays do not have the same demand for tickets as the first game.
    As you said the GAA people from places other than the competing counties may not go the second day, and the folks who come from abroad do not usually come back because of time\cost etc.

Plus, there's no minor final meaning those 2 teams allocations will probably go to the competing Senior counties for the replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

I found it to be the opposite last year.

Loads of spares the first day and very little for the replay. Figured this might be because they were cheaper. Was very lucky to pick up two Hill after a couple of hours of searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frankiemccann

looking to swap tickets for Mayo v Dublin game.

Have two tickets, both singles in cusack stand (1 upper, 1 lower)

Looking to swap for two tickets seated together, upper or lower stand tickets. My cusack lower ticket is row UU, so you have a good view of the game. If anyone is interested in swaping, get on to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

ticketseller, ticket touting is not allowed on here. Post reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ProudDUB wrote: »
    ticketseller, ticket touting is not allowed on here. Post reported.

I mailed him and got told he had an offer of €800 for the pair. There can't have been too many tickets sent to NY, hope he gets burned for it. In the mean time if anybody has a ticket for the Dub/Mayo game they want to shift then shut up and take my money. I won't lie though, you're not getting €400 for it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I mailed him and got told he had an offer of €800 for the pair.

It was €900 when he replied to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Are there many knock offs going around? I'm just very conscious about paying big money for tickets that could be knock offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

What is the best way to get tickets for the Hurling replay final for someone living outside of either county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Seems to be a lot of guys with NY tickets popping up...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Big Back Clock

I will swap 2 Premium all Ireland HURLING replay tickets for Saturday 28th Sep, for the football final Dublin v Mayo. Do not email me looking to buy the hurling tickets as I won't reply, sorry but i'm only interested in a swap - 2 premium football for the 2 premium hurling I have! And before you all rush to report, I'm not a tout or trying to sell and make a buck, I am a premium holder and I wouldn't rip off genuine fans.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

looking to swap tickets for Mayo v Dublin game.

Have two tickets, both singles in cusack stand (1 upper, 1 lower)

Looking to swap for two tickets seated together, upper or lower stand tickets. My cusack lower ticket is row UU, so you have a good view of the game. If anyone is interested in swaping, get on to me.

Two seats together for two separate as a straight swap - no offence, but that'll be a tough sell.

I wonder will we now see a revenge of the hurling fans situation with Cork and Clare supporters holding onto some of their football ticket allocation and only parting with them for hurling replay tickets in return. There were a fair few hundred empty seats on Sunday - it's likely that a few of them were tickets held by football fans looking for swaps that didn't happen so they ended up not shifting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frankiemccann

Two seats together for two separate as a straight swap - no offence, but that'll be a tough sell.

I wonder will we now see a revenge of the hurling fans situation with Cork and Clare supporters holding onto some of their football ticket allocation and only parting with them for hurling replay tickets in return. There were a fair few hundred empty seats on Sunday - it's likely that a few of them were tickets held by football fans looking for swaps that didn't happen so they ended up not shifting them.

Worth a shot, if you don't ask you won't have any chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭Gerlad

bo-sco wrote: »
    I found it to be the opposite last year.

Loads of spares the first day and very little for the replay. Figured this might be because they were cheaper. Was very lucky to pick up two Hill after a couple of hours of searching.

Yeah really bad for the replay last year. Got two stand tickets for the first game for €120 last year handy enough but like hen's teeth the next day. Was offered one last minute but as I had my son with me it wasn't an option.

I can see something similar happening this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

Gerlad wrote: »
    Yeah really bad for the replay last year. Got two stand tickets for the first game for €120 last year handy enough but like hen's teeth the next day. Was offered one last minute but as I had my son with me it wasn't an option.

I can see something similar happening this time around.

Good to hear it wasn't just me though sorry you didn't manage to make it in! Thought I might be losing my touch :-)

I was there early that day as I wanted to get in time for the minor game (that went to a replay too) and barely got sorted in time.

Just so people are aware of it for this year's replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Last year I was sorted for the replay a bit later than usual for All-Irelands that I've gone to but that was largely the price reduction IMO. There were still a lot more free seats than the draw but I remember it being near impossible to get the children's discount tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Shane732 wrote: »
    Are there many knock offs going around? I'm just very conscious about paying big money for tickets that could be knock offs.

Anyone know how to verify a ticket is real and valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

You won't know till you try to get it scanned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

one way is the number at the bottom of the ticket , i noticed in very small writing it says the name of the club the ticket was sent to, with what looks like a serial number, just contact the club to verify it.

some tickets just say for example one ticket i saw said clare supporters.. and nothing else , this was colected at the county board offices and not sent to a club so if no club name is on the ticket the county name will , if you are still suspicious you can contact them with the serial number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Thought tickets were easier to get the first day but there was not as many around the first day last year..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Well if you buy it off somebody you know then they should be able to say where they got it from and then back along to a club.

If you buy off donedeal and met a stranger at a filling station 100 miles away then you are taking a chance.

If you buy one the morning of a game you are taking a chance. At least buy one from a supporter lushing pints not a professional tout.

I've seen people handing all Ireland final tickets to the guards at a barrier at gills pub.

There was a true story in Munster rugby once where a tout with one leg turned up at a charity auction the morning of a game trying to win the ticket in the auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

I've just been informed by the club that I'm getting a hill ticket for the football final. I realise this might be a long shot but would anyone be interested in swapping for a stand ticket. Nothing against the Dubs or standing in the terrace but have long standing dodgy ankle which I know won't take 4 hours standing in the hill. Op soon to sort out thank God!!!

Will obviously make up the difference on the price. Anyone interested please PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I've just been informed by the club that I'm getting a hill ticket for the football final. I realise this might be a long shot but would anyone be interested in swapping for a stand ticket. Nothing against the Dubs or standing in the terrace but have long standing dodgy ankle which I know won't take 4 hours standing in the hill. Op soon to sort out thank God!!!

Will obviously make up the difference on the price. Anyone interested please PM me.

You'll have no bother swapping that on the day! Wont even have to offer cash with it. Back in 06 dubs were given hogan stand centre field away for the hill with no exchange in cash involved!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Another guy from NY on last night claiming not to be a tout but wanted 400 for two tickets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Another guy from NY on last night claiming not to be a tout but wanted 400 for two tickets...

another guy on buy and sell selling 2 tickets for 500 and he hasnt covered the seat numberrs or the barcode. anyone got a link to log it to croker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

irishgeo wrote: »
    another guy on buy and sell selling 2 tickets for 500 and he hasnt covered the seat numberrs or the barcode. anyone got a link to log it to croker.

The problem is that if you tell croker the tout will still be able to sell and the buyer screwed over- it will mean though in future the club that got the tickets should get less in future IMO

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

info@crokepark.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Reported there now :)

I would urge anyone that see's any ads for tickets to report them to Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

Gonna try this again.
    I've a Hill ticket (Dublin v Mayo) and I'm looking to swap it for a stand ticket. I'm willing to pay the difference as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone selling a ticket for the Mayo game? Getting worried that I wont have a ticket :(

Please pm me if you are selling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone selling a ticket for the Mayo game? Getting worried that I wont have a ticket :(

Please pm me if you are selling!

its a tad early yet, its another week yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Just looked at pic, I heard of these "term tickets" before what are they, sponsors, brown envelopers tickets.?.? and by the look of that link they seem to be foc. I am disgusted by this if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

curraghyid wrote: »
    Just looked at pic, I heard of these "term tickets" before what are they, sponsors, brown envelopers tickets.?.? and by the look of that link they seem to be foc. I am disgusted by this if that's the case.

Term tickets are 5/10 year tickets. The price shows up as €0.00 because the person has already paid the lump sum for the term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

A few lads have been on about swapping a Hill ticket for a stand in the football final, that might be something I am interested in tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement