Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Just another note: If anyone receives a PM from someone offering tickets above face value, please report the PM.
    Another tout has been banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

crazy bidding on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

irishgeo wrote: »
    crazy bidding on ebay

It's a bit suspect, given the same pic of tickets are in three different auctions with different amounts. I hope the story of some Mayo lads bidding up a storm to kill off the touts is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shannonterese

There's a hell of a lot of Cusack and Hogan stand tickets for sale in Dublin pubs this evening, they're being bought as well. I'd imagine a lot of "ticket holders" being turned away on match day. I'll guarantee they're forgeries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

There's a hell of a lot of Cusack and Hogan stand tickets for sale in Dublin pubs this evening, they're being bought as well. I'd imagine a lot of "ticket holders" being turned away on match day. I'll guarantee they're forgeries.

it seems way too early for large amounts of tickets to be just sold off like that!!

i got my ticket early enough for the hurling final but the bulk of tickets were not avalable until the thursday night before the game. it was only after that when people were selling them off afterwards!!

how long ago did clubs start handing out tickets..........i would have taught they would have waited until next week?

it seems way too early for large amounts of tickets to be just sold off like that!!

i got my ticket early enough for the hurling final but the bulk of tickets were not avalable until the thursday night before the game. it was only after that when people were selling them off afterwards!!

how long ago did clubs start handing out tickets..........i would have taught they would have waited until next week?

most of mayo clubs seem to getting ready to hand them out over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

most of mayo clubs seem to getting ready to hand them out over the weekend.

thats what i would have taught, even though my ticket secured well in advance of the game i didnt collect it until last thursday evening, the club started handing them out the night before i think, but there was nothing around the place anywhere before that, so anything knocking about 10 days before the final seems a bit strange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

GAAman wrote: »
    A few lads have been on about swapping a Hill ticket for a stand in the football final, that might be something I am interested in tbh

Sure drop me a PM next week about it.

Note : I want 2 "stand" tickets together

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jasonofarrell

I have two tickets for the All Ireland Hurling Final (REPLAY) on Saturday 28 September in Croke Park
    that I wish to SWAP for two All Ireland Senior Football Final tickets.

Please note I am not selling these tickets.. They are for SWAP only.

Contact <snip>

Mod: No phone numbers. PM only.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

There's a hell of a lot of Cusack and Hogan stand tickets for sale in Dublin pubs this evening,

Smells of forgeries.
    The clubs don't start handing them till next week so how would a load of tickets suddenly become available? :confused:
    Would you buy a ticket in a pub off a bloke you've never seen 9 days
    before the event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Tickets are out there. I have seen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Just a curious question. Part of the Ts&Cs of the Season Ticket programme is to allow you to transfer them - ie other people can come in on your ticket.

I have alternated nephews and nieces all this year without any problem.

Would 'transfer' also relate to 'sell them for a profit' ?

I have 4 together for the final and am not selling but wonder if Croker would take the same sanctions against a season ticket holder sellling his on ? Most of the discussion has been around the sanctions against club sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Tickets are out there. I have seen one.

Overseas and premium are definitely out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

If anyone's selling a ticket send me a PM. Face value only obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Looking for two Clare tickets for the 28th if any one around ennis or limerick has any spares

#honthebanner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

surely thats touting, reported.

They weren't my tickets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It doesnt help that the original tickets look like they are printed on a home printer.
    Really poor paper quality,way too thin.

• Advertisement

Shane732 wrote: »
    They weren't my tickets...

i know but i reported the ads anyway/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Mayo man here, I live overseas but am home for the final, if some good soul has a spare ticket, doesn't matter where in the ground I will take it. PM me, doesn't matter how late the notice is, even as late as Sunday of the game as odds are I will be going round trying to find a ticket if I don't get one here :o

Would anyone use viagogo or needaticket? The prices are unreal on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bmcloughs

LOOKING TO SWAP A HILL 16 TICKET FOR A LOWER STAND TICKET HOGAN OR CUSACK. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SECTION FIRST. I WILL PAY THE PRICE DIFFERENCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rockluck

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-all-ireland-football-tickets-upper-hogan-/200963824385?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2eca609b01

Whoever is bidding these forgot to cover the end of the ticket with the section on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Some truly disgusting touts on ebay. I've reported as many as i've seen but I doubt they'll do a thing about them. :mad:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some truly disgusting touts on ebay. I've reported as many as i've seen but I doubt they'll do a thing about them. :mad:

Going rate is anything from €400 upwards a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Sickening alright that there's so many tickets on ebay and other places. But that's what happens when the GAA decides that so many neutrals deserve tickets for the final.

At least there's some fake bidding going on by new ebay accounts, so there's quite a few auctions that have been ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Looking to swap 2 terrace tickets for 2 lower stand tickets - will take cusack hogan or davin and pay price difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

fifi28 wrote: »
    Looking to swap 2 terrace tickets for 2 lower stand tickets - will take cusack hogan or davin and pay price difference

Where did you get your tickets from? I'm interested in the swap but I'm not getting stung by fake tickets on AI Final day.

• Advertisement

Where did you get your tickets from? I'm interested in the swap but I'm not getting stung by fake tickets on AI Final day.

Me neither! Myself and my husband have parnell pass for the first time this year, collecting tickets 2moro in the ticket office. Are yours season tickets?

Me neither! Myself and my husband have parnell pass for the first time this year, collecting tickets 2moro in the ticket office. Are yours season tickets?

Indeed they are, I'm a season ticket holder a few years now. My dad is itching for the Hill for his first final in 30 years; also doesn't want to put up with Mayo fans if we lose but let's not talk about that :pac: I didn't get my tickets in the post today, expecting them tomorrow morning though so I'll know exactly where I have to offer

rockluck wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-all-ireland-football-tickets-upper-hogan-/200963824385?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2eca609b01

Whoever is bidding these forgot to cover the end of the ticket with the section on it!

I reported that auction to Croke Park earlier, now I see the auction ended; justice!

Indeed they are, I'm a season ticket holder a few years now. My dad is itching for the Hill for his first final in 30 years; also doesn't want to put up with Mayo fans if we lose but let's not talk about that :pac: I didn't get my tickets in the post today, expecting them tomorrow morning though so I'll know exactly where I have to offer

Great stuff. Well let me know and once I have my 2 in hand 2moro we can see whats what then! Yeah thats the only downside to stand tickets but as you say lets not think about that now - hopefully we wont have to cross that bridge :-)

Great stuff. Well let me know and once I have my 2 in hand 2moro we can see whats what then! Yeah thats the only downside to stand tickets but as you say lets not think about that now - hopefully we wont have to cross that bridge :-)

Sure thing, I'll drop you a PM and arrange a meet up; we can bring our passes to ease any concerns :D

Sure thing, I'll drop you a PM and arrange a meet up; we can bring our passes to ease any concerns :D

My thoughts exactly! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

Pair of tix for upper Hogan Stand currently going for 5k on eBay. Good work on the fake bidding whoever is doing this. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

I have a premium hurling final ticket for swap only for a premium football final ticket. Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

IF anyone comes across 2 tickets for Mayo match, let me know :-) (Chancing my arm big time and i'd say there's more chance of seeing pigs fly, but worth a chance!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Sorry Admin if this shouldn't be put up here but thought people would be interested

https://www.facebook.com/DeadlyChristmasJumpers/posts/504100276344162

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Penguino wrote: »
    Sorry Admin if this shouldn't be put up here but thought people would be interested

https://www.facebook.com/DeadlyChristmasJumpers/posts/504100276344162

I wouldn't hold out much hope on that one either - the link posted by this company on the Facebook page is dead. The correct one has no mention of any ticket competition.

Why is it that there are so many scams around these tickets. From scammers in the UK trying to get you to post cash across to people texting for premium chat services, to boyos who have put up their mate's number for a laugh :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Whats Croke Park's stance on tickets that being auctioned on EBay?
    I see a pair of complementaries are listed starting at €750. Makes me sick.

sketchpad wrote: »

Report them if they have the barcode or seat # visible - info@crokepark.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Report them if they have the barcode or seat # visible - info@crokepark.ie

303 MM
    Think I might just do that. Nothing worse than pure greed.
    Might starting bidding on the tickets also, some crazy high price that will put others off.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Obviously a longshot! but if anyone knows of a ticket for anywhere (stand or hill), I would much appreciate it. Club received 12, so not holding out on getting one from the draw.

Some ridiculous prices being floated about on line, I've seen a Hill ticket go for 700 locally too.

• Advertisement

Dermotm923 wrote: »
    Upper Cusack Stand tickets (2) for sale ... Best offer recieves tickets ... would be willing to swap for top of the line smartphone, tablet or laptop.

The best offer is €80 per ticket. Anything else is touting, greedy and a scummy thing to do.
    303 MM
    Think I might just do that. Nothing worse than pure greed.
    Might starting bidding on the tickets also, some crazy high price that will put others off.:D

Do it. Let the tickets go to real fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

I just rang Muiris there. Somebody put it up as a joke. FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I've e-mailed Croke Park with ticket numbers thats on ebay. They e-mailed back saying that they cancelled them tickets. They said that they were keeping an eye on tickets being touted and were taking action. Will be some dissapointed people outside Croke Park next Sunday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

JUST WONDERIN............................
    All schools get two GAA tickets each. How are they distributed in your place??? Is it top secret as in a case I know.Should they not be raffled so that all school staff,pupils and teachers get an equal chance of w'winning' one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

ethical wrote: »
    JUST WONDERIN............................
    All schools get two GAA tickets each. How are they distributed in your place??? Is it top secret as in a case I know.Should they not be raffled so that all school staff,pupils and teachers get an equal chance of w'winning' one.

Do all staff coach the schools gaa teams, attend evening meetings and games?

Not all staff put in equal effort for extra curricular activities.
    My lunchtime today was used up coaching first years in today's lovely weather.

In our school tickets are offered to the staff involved in extra curricular activities first. (While evolved and from a county in the final, my name was not pulled from the hat but I see it as fair.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement