Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

I picked up my ticket for the hill today. I'm looking to swap it for a stand ticket if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Hate the touts. I don't expect a ticket but hoping my bf gets one. Avid Mayo fan. Not sure I agree with the way tickets are distributed but I can't think of a better way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Have 2 x Hill tickets. Would like to swap for 2 x stand seated together. Will pay difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I've e-mailed Croke Park with ticket numbers thats on ebay. They e-mailed back saying that they cancelled them tickets. They said that they were keeping an eye on tickets being touted and were taking action. Will be some dissapointed people outside Croke Park next Sunday!!

I've thought about doing the same but would feel bad for whatever poor sod buys them for an extortionate price and gets refused entry on the day.

Anybody collect tickets today at Dorset St. box office? Anything I should be aware of when I go up tomorrow? ID required? Can I get five tickets with five Parnell passes? Have got five before without ID but noticed this requirement is mentioned this year when I don't think it was before. Also wondering if they accept cards. Anytime I've gone up I've paid in cash and never noticed a sign saying they accept cards. Would imagine they wouldn't want a lot of cash on the premises if possible.

PS The latter question is a valid query. I'm not casing the joint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Collie D wrote: »
    I've thought about doing the same but would feel bad for whatever poor sod buys them for an extortionate price and gets refused entry on the day.

Anybody collect tickets today at Dorset St. box office? Anything I should be aware of when I go up tomorrow? ID required? Can I get five tickets with five Parnell passes? Have got five before without ID but noticed this requirement is mentioned this year when I don't think it was before. Also wondering if they accept cards. Anytime I've gone up I've paid in cash and never noticed a sign saying they accept cards. Would imagine they wouldn't want a lot of cash on the premises if possible.

PS The latter question is a valid query. I'm not casing the joint :)

I was there this morning and I saw a man with 4 Parnell passes collect 4 Tickets and Yes they accept cards! Just don't get mugged on you way out the door ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

no12 wrote: »
    I was there this morning and I saw a man with 4 Parnell passes collect 4 Tickets and Yes they accept cards! Just don't get mugged on you way out the door ;)

No, they don't take credit cards for Parnell Pass ticket sales.

There are two sets of ticket windows in the Dorset St ticket office. One that sells tickets on behalf of the GAA. That window does take credit cards and, there is a sign on the window saying so.

The other window sells tickets on behalf of the Dublin County Board. That is the window that you go to if you are picking up tickets with a Parnell Pass, as the PP is "their" product as such. The DCB does NOT accept credits cards, only cash.

I was there earlier today. I asked why I couldn't pay for my AI ticket with my credit card, when the very next window down from me had a big sign up saying that Mastercards & Visa cards are accepted. I was told about the DCB/GAA split. They are two different bodies, operating out of the same office. One takes credit cards. The other doesn't.

Clear as mud, right? :rolleyes:

So yes, you'll need cash to pick up your AI tickets, if you are getting them with a Parnell Pass. The nearest ATM is at the Ulster Bank across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No, they don't take credit cards for Parnell Pass ticket sales.

There are two sets of ticket windows in the Dorset St ticket office. One that sells tickets on behalf of the GAA. That window does take credit cards and, there is a sign on the window saying so.

The other window sells tickets on behalf of the Dublin County Board. That is the window that you go to if you are picking up tickets with a Parnell Pass, as the PP is "their" product as such. The DCB does NOT accept credits cards, only cash.

I was there earlier today. I asked why I couldn't pay for my AI ticket with my credit card, when the very next window down from me a big sign up saying that Mastercards & Visa cards are accepted. I was told about the DCB/GAA split. They are two different bodies, operating out of the same office. One takes credit cards. The other doesn't.

Clear as mud, right? :rolleyes:

So yes, you'll need cash to pick up your AI tickets, if you are getting them with a Parnell Pass. The nearest ATM is at the Ulster Bank across the road.

My mistake I just saw the window with Visa sign and card machine in it and presumed it was all the one like yourself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Does anyone have a number for St. Mary's Rochfordbridge? I can't find their number!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Right - just confirmed I'm definitely getting a Hill ticket for the final. Anyone out there like to swap for a stand ticket? I'll obviously make up the difference.

Genuine ticket. Will supply appropriate ID etc.....

Hoping someone is interested.

Thanks.

Right - just confirmed I'm definitely getting a Hill ticket for the final. Anyone out there like to swap for a stand ticket? I'll obviously make up the difference.

Genuine ticket. Will supply appropriate ID etc.....

Hoping someone is interested.

Thanks.

Try reservoirdubs.com. Few lads on there with single tickets looking for swap, one lad looking to swap premium ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Cheers, will do!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I know I'm insane, but on the off chance of two tickets going...please pm me. I haven't missed one game at all! Then the touts are making a profit. Pi$$es me right off, that some genuine fans never get a look in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭igilvarry

If anyone has 1 or 2 tickets for this Sunday please PM me. Will travel anywhere to collect and pay cash.

I won't bore anyone with all the reasons why I think I deserve to get a ticket but I've been going to Mayo matches since the 1970's, have the ticket stubs to prove it, and the team that last won it had two relations of mine on the team (the Gilvarry brothers). Doesn't necessarily entitle me to a ticket I know but that's my story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭baldbear

Just heard of a lad on Pat Kenny saying a guy claiming to be from Killorglin is scamming people. Says he has 2 tickets. Beware!

Anyone know if upper Hogan 733 is any use? Had a offer for a swap for my hill ticket but I've only ever been on the lower Hogan seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

El Viz wrote: »
    Anyone know if upper Hogan 733 is any use? Had a offer for a swap for my hill ticket but I've only ever been on the lower Hogan seats.

I always feel the upper tier quality depends on the row to be honest. Always feel far away from the action upstairs but a great view

Just look up the croke park seating plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

733 seems fairly good some where around the 45 but it depends on what letter the row seat is on for example if its row A you will have a great view but if its something like row S things might start to look small...... and lets hope you dont have a fear of hight's.

Love the upper tiers. Was two rows from the very back once and yes, it was very high and I felt a bit dizzy, but great view. You can see the whole pitch and everything that's going on. If only I had those tickets for Sunday....!

• Advertisement

733 seems fairly good some where around the 45 but it depends on what letter the row seat is on for example if its row A you will have a great view but if its something like row S things might start to look small...... and lets hope you dont have a fear of hight's.

Row Q :o Also have an offer of Upper Cusack 713 second row.

Row Q :o Also have an offer of Upper Cusack 713 second row.

733 would give a better view IMO
    http://www.crokepark.ie/about/seating-plans

Aren't you the lucky thing to have a choice!!!

733 would give a better view IMO
    http://www.crokepark.ie/about/seating-plans

Aren't you the lucky thing to have a choice!!!

Ya reckon? I figured Q would be towards the back. + you'd be surprised the amount of people looking to exchange for the hill. Also got an offer for lower davin stand section 320, but I hate being behind the goals, hence why I want off the hill.

Ya reckon? I figured Q would be towards the back. + you'd be surprised the amount of people looking to exchange for the hill. Also got an offer for lower davin stand section 320, but I hate being behind the goals, hence why I want off the hill.
    They go in rows of 2 though really so there'd be still 2 rows of R S T U V ... behind ya.

Up to you. Check out the seating plan. You can even see how the 'view' would look from your seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

They go in rows of 2 though really so there'd be still 2 rows of R S T U V ... behind ya.

Up to you. Check out the seating plan. You can even see how the 'view' would look from your seat.

where is that feature?

the rows behind row Z will go as follows AA BB CC DD and so on.

• Advertisement

the rows behind row Z will go as follows AA BB CC DD and so on.

My mistake!! So his Q would be even better than I thought then!!!

My mistake!! So his Q would be even better than I thought then!!!

well it i am not sure how many rows of seats are in the upper tier but on the face of things he will be still about 20 rows from the front , which is still some way back.

Yeah but as I said I've often been up in the Gods (!) and I really enjoyed the view. If you're too 'lower' you can't get a full view. Suppose it comes down to preferences.

At this stage I'd take the first row at the front though, or sittin on the roof of the Hogan!!! Haha

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I'm collecting 2 tickets from a guy I don't know for a friend of mine who is owed money from his son for some goods.
    I don't want to take the tickets if they are fake so can anybody tell me how or where I'd be able to spot a fake or point me in the direction of a picture?
    I assume there is a hologram on them somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

I wonder if anyone would be willing to swap 2 premium tickets for 2 lower tier davin tickets?

It's probably very unlikely but I'd like to be able to have a drink :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

well it i am not sure how many rows of seats are in the upper tier but on the face of things he will be still about 20 rows from the front , which is still some way back.

Upper is A-Z

No double letters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Looking to swap 2 upper Davin for 2 Hill if anyone is swapping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TheMammy

Hi All,

am from Mayo. Have 2 Hill that want to swap for 2 stand together. Will pay the difference. Doesn't matter which stand but must be together. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Sounds like the tickets are now filtering out and people are starting to get sorted, hope as many genuine supporters from the two counties as possible get their hands on a ticket. The latest I have went for a Mayo final was late on the Saturday evening which ruins the build up a little, but it doesn't matter once you're in the ground in time for throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lyndelu

Hi All,

My family & I have been to every Dublin game all year (hurling & football I might add). There are 5 of us & we've only got 2 tickets. If anyone has any information can they please help me out. We're getting pretty desperate. The kids will be distraught.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

a few more would want to be filterin my direction. as ya said the sat eve would be spoilt running around trying to get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

a few more would want to be filterin my direction. as ya said the sat eve would be spoilt running around trying to get sorted
    Never mind the Saturday evening, I only got my ticket last year at 2 on Sunday. Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

I have two seperate tickets for the Upper Davin but I need two side by side. I know it is unlikely, but if there are two of you that don't really want to be side by side I would appreciate a swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Galwayps wrote: »
    Never mind the Saturday evening, I only got my ticket last year at 2 on Sunday. Nightmare
    it happens.
    My mate from Tyrone got a ticket so late for their last appearance that he just made the end of Amhran na bfiann, after running from the pub on Drumcondra road!

But the moral of the story is, if you dont try you wont succeed. And if youre abroad you just need to book the flight and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

davyd07 wrote: »
    I have two seperate tickets for the Upper Davin but I need two side by side. I know it is unlikely, but if there are two of you that don't really want to be side by side I would appreciate a swap.

I'd be happy to swap with you, but just need to get two tickets sorted first...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

I'd be happy to swap with you, but just need to get two tickets sorted first...

O.K. Keep me posted on your progress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

OK, here goes.
    I have 2 tickets for my early teenage kids (I couldn't refuse either of them), but none for myself.
    I'm going to go up with them and hope I pick 1 up for myself.
    If anybody finds themselves with 1 spare ticket (it happens), for anywhere in the ground, please do PM me. Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

looking for a ticket if anyone is selling, i can meet in dublin on sat or sun before the game, mayo fan

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Outsidethebox

Lads,

I have a ticket for the football final on Sunday and am looking to swap for two for the hurling replay.

Anyone interested please reply.

Cheers
    OTB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lads,

I have a ticket for the football final on Sunday and am looking to swap for two for the hurling replay.

Anyone interested please reply.

Cheers
    OTB.

you want to swap 1 ticket for 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Outsidethebox

I'll give the football ticket plus the price difference for two hurling together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

I'll give the football ticket plus the price difference for two hurling together.

Pm sent!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Ian_OConnell

Hi I am selling an all Ireland football ticket, Davin Stand Lower, right behind the goal, front row. Message me if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Hi I am selling an all Ireland football ticket, Davin Stand Lower, right behind the goal, front row. Message me if you are interested.

For 400€!

Advertisement