Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I'll take them PLEASE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

DM_1918 wrote: »
    I have 2 Hill Tickets for sale for face value. Cant make the match ourselves.

I'll take them!! Even throw in a few pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

DM_1918 wrote: »
    I have 2 Hill Tickets for sale for face value. Cant make the match ourselves.

Sent you a private message 5 mins ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Still looking for 1 or 2 tickets anywhere. Genuine Mayo supporter but tolerant of Dubs. Please pm if you can help in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

Have a Nally and looking for a hill! Anyone interested.? PM me

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

TICKET GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gaza m

Have a Nally ticket looking for a hill ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Tickets up for grabs on RTE1 on Up For The Match, its worth a last minute try to get sorted..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bareller

Have a nally to swap for a hill
    And I'm looking for a hill as well
    Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Im looking for a hill ticket, i can offer a lower davin ticket in exchange, bit need to get the cash difference also, any takers..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Arddon

Bit off thread sorry but really want to know something...

I have a ticket marked "term ticket Luach 0.00"...whereas the other ticket is "luach 80.00"...

what is the term ticket and was this a "free" ticket or was it paid for previously?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen1980

Arddon wrote: »

I have a ticket marked "term ticket Luach 0.00"...whereas the other ticket is "luach 80.00"...

what is the term ticket and was this a "free" ticket or was it paid for previously?
    thanks

that doesn't sound right

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Manofsteel7

This is probably an act of desperation ! But I've run out of ideas and contacts. I'm looking for just ONE ticket. My friends have gotten sorted now so only me left!
    So any spares PM me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

thanks

term tickets are paid over a term of X amount of years so i doubt the 80 euro price tag should be on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Complimentary ones are usually 0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Arddon

yeah I was wondering if it was complimentary
    but it does say specifically, term ticket, on it

the term explanation sounds plausible

thanks for responses

if anyone else knows please advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Looking for a ticket for anywhere. Desperate at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Was_SeeDot

newportlad wrote: »
    looking to swap 1 lower davin ticket for 1 hill ticket plus cash difference if any takers..

Sent a pm newportlad

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

yeah I was wondering if it was complimentary
    but it does say specifically, term ticket, on it

the term explanation sounds plausible

thanks for responses

if anyone else knows please advise

pretty sure its either a five/10 year ticket. as in someone owns the seat (quite often a business of some sort) and has paid for it for a term. which is why the ticket has 0.00 on it. it has been previously paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Looking for 2 Hill tickets, will pay 200, PM please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gaa_supporter

Hey genuine Mayo supporter here really stuck for a ticket was promised 2 but only got 1 for my younger brother so will be in Dublin dropping him off and would greatly appreciate any ticket for €100. Thanks and pm me if you think you can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Touting, or offering over face value for tickets isn't allowed here lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

Am on the 08.25 ex Westport. If you have a spare ticket please PM me. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Lads, would it be worth going around town and Drumcondra early to try and source a ticket?

Or will I be just leaving myself open to disappointment by ending up with a fake or cancelled ticket?

Despartly need a hill ticket or anywhere in Croke Park, will travel to get it, and also something for a pain in the face that i have for the ticket allocation from the GA bleedin A... COYBIB

• Advertisement

fta93 wrote: »
    Lads, would it be worth going around town and Drumcondra early to try and source a ticket?

Or will I be just leaving myself open to disappointment by ending up with a fake or cancelled ticket?
    Try outside Quinns in Drumcondra or outside the Gresham Hotel in OConnel st, only thing you have to deal with the scumbag touts, just check the ticket with one of your mates tickets, dont exchange until you examine it .good luck mate

I was just asking myself that question. They won't let you near the ground without ticket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 caseyniall

Have an upper Hogan, looking to swap for Nally/Hill. Im on Mod Snip to Remove Phone Number.

Try outside Quinns in Drumcondra or outside the Gresham Hotel in OConnel st, only thing you have to deal with the scumbag touts, just check the ticket with one of your mates tickets, dont exchange until you examine it .good luck mate

Sound advice! Pity the GAA wouldn't set up an exchange location, But then they don't care about the genuine fan! Never did and I guess never will . Up the Dubs

Sound advice! Pity the GAA wouldn't set up an exchange location, But then they don't care about the genuine fan! Never did and I guess never will . Up the Dubs
    I rang them the next day after the semi final, no luck and probably barred from ringing again lol, and i had one contact up north and that fell through too, They should sell at least 10,000 to fans on both teams, Corporate me hole!!!!, thats where all the touts tickets are from, but every year the Jones's Road Mafia do it , No other fans would put up with it... a F***ing joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Rubbish, the genuine fans are down at the field organising the under 8 teams, lining the pitches, washing the jerseys and training teams. The 'real' fans aren't the ones that turn up to 4 championship matches a year.

The GAA clubs will take care of these people with tickets because the know there won't be the next generation without them.

Figerty wrote: »
    Rubbish, the genuine fans are down at the field organising the under 8 teams, lining the pitches, washing the jerseys and training teams. The 'real' fans aren't the ones that turn up to 4 championship matches a year.

The GAA clubs will take care of these people with tickets because the know there won't be the next generation without them.
    Honestly do you think 82,000 in Croke Park are members of clubs???? dont talk pony....

Honestly do you think 82,000 in Croke Park are members of clubs???? dont talk pony....

No, but the clubs will care of the workers first and the rest then go to the 'fans'

• Registered Users Posts: 3 caseyniall

I have 2 stand tickets together, would like to swap for a 2 hill/Nally. PM me

Every club gets a very small amount of tickets, not all members get one , even working their arses off all year, i know i have members of clubs ringing me looking for tickets from the North, lots of dissapointment with the GAA ticket allocation.

No, but the clubs will care of the workers first and the rest then go to the 'fans'

So when the GAA want to fill Croker in early 2014 with the Spring Challenge who will they turn to? It's characters like me who've been going to every game for over 30 years that have been helping to finance the gaa. Anyway I don't begrudge anyone their ticket. I'd never take one from a real contributor to this day. You do know there will be people there today who wouldn't know anything about the game and that's the area where the GAA have never shown any interest . Once this day is over they'll come calling to me again and like an idiot I'll be freezing my butt off screaming Up The Dubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

An example to that. Our club got 50 tickets. Including me, there's 94 mentors, coach, trainers, committee members, etc. all of these people aren't 'taken care' of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

well said...I train junior and senior football and hurling, 2 or 3 days a week and compete in cumann na mbunscoil leagues, I travel all over south county Dublin with bags of sports equipment and whatnot and it usually takes about 3-4 hours of my day per session not to mention, phonecalls and emails outside of this organising games and ringing parents, referees, groundskeepers etc. I don't receive a cent for travel or anything and an awful lot of my own money gets spent on various extras associated with this....where will I be watching today? in my living room. I can't get a ticket and have exhausted all potential channels of getting one. I love what I do so I never complain about it but I do feel that I should have an option to purchase a ticket if I want one, not to mention that i attend Dublin league games when I can...I do feel slightly pissed off I have to admit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

Tickets can only be sold for (or less than) face value here, we will not condone touting on here, be that people selling for over the face value or offering more than face value. Anyone ignoring this from now on will get a ban until after the game.

So when the GAA want to fill Croker in early 2014 with the Spring Challenge who will they turn to? It's characters like me who've been going to every game for over 30 years that have been helping to finance the gaa. Anyway I don't begrudge anyone their ticket. I'd never take one from a real contributor to this day. You do know there will be people there today who wouldn't know anything about the game and that's the area where the GAA have never shown any interest . Once this day is over they'll come calling to me again and like an idiot I'll be freezing my butt off screaming Up The Dubs!

Not questioning your support or loyalty to the Dubs, but you seem to be separating the love of the Dubs from the GAA.
    I am up to admin, playing and training teams in the local club. Then come June, July August and Sept. in wanders the 'loyal' supporters who only go for the marquee days out and expect scarce tickets because the have been a supporter for years and go to all the county matches..but a few lotto tickets etc.
    Your are right about the people who don't know anything about the game. Enjoy the day out in Dublin, at least you do go to all the matches and support you own; there will be plenty beside you that have one GAA day out a year. They are the ones that annoy everyone.

• Advertisement

well said...I train junior and senior football and hurling, 2 or 3 days a week and compete in cumann na mbunscoil leagues, I travel all over south county Dublin with bags of sports equipment and whatnot and it usually takes about 3-4 hours of my day per session not to mention, phonecalls and emails outside of this organising games and ringing parents, referees, groundskeepers etc. I don't receive a cent for travel or anything and an awful lot of my own money gets spent on various extras associated with this....where will I be watching today? in my living room. I can't get a ticket and have exhausted all potential channels of getting one. I love what I do so I never complain about it but I do feel that I should have an option to purchase a ticket if I want one, not to mention that i attend Dublin league games when I can...I do feel slightly pissed off I have to admit.

Jeepers man. I think if I had one I'd give you mine . Certainly you deserve one. But then again if I had one I probably wouldn't.be reading this today!!

An example to that. Our club got 50 tickets. Including me, there's 94 mentors, coach, trainers, committee members, etc. all of these people aren't 'taken care' of.

Ya, That's a real killer, I wouldn't like to be the chairman in that situation. A nightmare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Clareman wrote: »
    Folks,

Tickets can only be sold for (or less than) face value here, we will not condone touting on here, be that people selling for over the face value or offering more than face value. Anyone ignoring this from now on will get a ban until after the game.

great! I'll take two hill tickets for face value! actually no, I'll take the 'less than' option you mention and I'll take two for the price of one?

in fairness, this is isn't going to happen, it's a lovely thought and that's all just like world peace so what in fecks name is the point in posting that other than asserting your authority on the thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

My father manages an underage ladies club, does the mens lotto 8 times a year and organises other fundraisers for the ladies(although part of the money raised goes to the mens) during the year however he was given no ticket. Needless to say he said he will never do any of that for the mens club again. Thus unfortunately I do have to disagree with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

I have two tickets (not for sale) - 1 is for section 325 and the other for 303. Just wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping for 2 seated together?? Thanks. PM me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

great! I'll take two hill tickets for face value! actually no, I'll take the 'less than' option you mention and I'll take two for the price of one?

in fairness, this is isn't going to happen, it's a lovely thought and that's all just like world peace so what in fecks name is the point in posting that other than asserting your authority on the thread...

My reasons would be to alert people to the fact that it's against the rules rather than just banning them, to respond to reported posts so the posters who were good enough to take the effort to report a post can see that something is been done about it, to stop an auction happening on here, etc. etc.

I'm not asserting my authority by the way, I'm just upholding the rules of Boards, if I was to be asserting my authority or if I was on some kind of power trip I would ban you for questioning a mods instruction on thread.

Not questioning your support or loyalty to the Dubs, but you seem to be separating the love of the Dubs from the GAA.
    I am up to admin, playing and training teams in the local club. Then come June, July August and Sept. in wanders the 'loyal' supporters who only go for the marquee days out and expect scarce tickets because the have been a supporter for years and go to all the county matches..but a few lotto tickets etc.
    Your are right about the people who don't know anything about the game. Enjoy the day out in Dublin, at least you do go to all the matches and support you own; there will be plenty beside you that have one GAA day out a year. They are the ones that annoy everyone.

Yes it does look that way from my post. In fact I've always loved GAA and frankly if the Dubs were not playing today I'd be shouting for Mayo because I see what it means to them. I travel the country and GAA has always been my common language wherever I go! Anyway enjoy the day

Yes it does look that way from my post. In fact I've always loved GAA and frankly if the Dubs were not playing today I'd be shouting for Mayo because I see what it means to them. I travel the country and GAA has always been my common language wherever I go! Anyway enjoy the day

What gets my back up is the touts selling.. add to that if you are in Parc Ui Choimh on big match day it's the same people you see at it as around Croke park.. it's worth the day trip to Cork to do it for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Regardless of whether or not somebody is involved at club level or follows Dublin/Mayo, I still can't understand the extra demand. Surely the Mayo and Dublin fans who attended the semi/quarter-finals and further back should be the ones to fill Croke Park, not neutrals or anybody who hasn't been to a game all year/ever.

I never have any issue getting tickets for any Dublin game that I want to attend because the demand simply isn't there to fill the ground until the incentive of "Final" shows up, in which everybody in the country becomes a fan.

The ticket allcocation is rather farcical, and considering there hasn't been a single sell out in a Croke Park game all season except the Hurling final, (Dublin vs. Kerry came close.) it makes me wonder where all of these people came from, whether they be coaching/playing at grassroots level or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Yea that's the way it should be. But I know some clubs send these tickets out to sponsors of the club to keep the money coming in.

They should be on general sale. Stops all the bull****e

Advertisement