Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

adrian522 wrote: »
    If you go to all the matches why don't you have a season ticket? Much cheaper and no messing around looking for all ireland tickets.

because most of us did'nt hear any thing about them or know anything about them until half way through the championship , i have the ticket stubs and match day programes to prove i have been at all of clare's matches this year plus most of the league games and not a member of any club:eek: so things are not looking so good

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Tickets were gold dust in 95 and were hard to get in 97 but by 02 it was easier again to get tickets. Id be suprised if there are not a few tickets milling around on the day at face value. Being an all-Ireland final you take whatever view you get!

Tickets were gold dust in 95 and were hard to get in 97 but by 02 it was easier again to get tickets. Id be suprised if there are not a few tickets milling around on the day at face value. Being an all-Ireland final you take whatever view you get!

also with so many people abroad there should be, mabey if we played bad and scraped through by a point or even a dodgie hawk eye desicion :eek:, the demand might not be as big :rolleyes:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

I think the season ticket should be marketed better(eg in bold and flashing guaranteed ticket to all ireland etc) but im glad the tickets go via the clubs as its the best system(no system is perfect) to stop the touts getting there hands on them + making sure that the coaches/players/helpers get the tickets that their sacrifice deserves(after all the clubs are where the next county players come from)

I expect a large increase in season tickets next year with so many counties fancying their chances of making the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wicklowrunner

Our GAA Club are running a Prize Draw for Premium Tickets for both Hurling & Football Finals.

Check out:
    www.stpatrickswicklow.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

because most of us did'nt hear any thing about them or know anything about them until half way through the championship , i have the ticket stubs and match day programes to prove i have been at all of clare's matches this year plus most of the league games and not a member of any club:eek: so things are not looking so good

In fairness, the season ticket program has been operating for several years now. I don't mean to sound harsh, but surely it is up to match goers to keep themselves up to speed on the various ticketing options that the GAA and their county board make available to them? Isn't this is especially true of ticket packages that guarantee you a ticket to the All Ireland final if your county makes it that far. No one is going to do do for you? It's not hard, especially if you have internet access. Do agree that it should be marketed better. But seeing as its the GAA, what more do you expect? :rolleyes:

Having match stubs and match programs is no proof of going to games. Anyone can pick them up from the ground after a game.

if i cant get a ticket i would instead like as compensation to be brought back in time to about 3:45 yesterday and be made sit beside eamon cregen for the next 70 mins or that ......i am sure he would have enjoyed clare's win as much as i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mc_hammered

do people sell tickets here at face value? if so im looking for tickets for hurling final. any pms with tickets would be greatly appreciated.

I gather tickets will be making there way to clubs for distribution this week. Do people reckon many will turn up. I think my club gets normally less than 10 and hold a open raffle for members.

Go raibh maith agat

ProudDUB wrote: »
    In fairness, the season ticket program has been operating for several years now. I don't mean to sound harsh, but surely it is up to match goers to keep themselves up to speed on the various ticketing options that the GAA and their county board make available to them? Isn't this is especially true of ticket packages that guarantee you a ticket to the All Ireland final if your county makes it that far. No one is going to do do for you? It's not hard, especially if you have internet access. Do agree that it should be marketed better. But seeing as its the GAA, what more do you expect? :rolleyes:

Having match stubs and match programs is no proof of going to games. Anyone can pick them up from the ground after a game.

it was never a problem to get tickets over the last 6 or 7 for a number of reasons

1 clare is a county with a small enough population...demand would never as high as other counties like cork or dublin.
    2 we went through a pretty rough time of it in the last 4 or 5 years nearly relagated into the christie ring competion at one stage
    3 alot of fair wether fans jumped off the bandwagon .....now there back

most clare fans i talked to yesterday knew nothing about the season tickets infairness we had no reason to look for them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Rightwing wrote: »
    Central council and former pesidents = 798. :eek:

Which usually filter down to other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I think the season ticket should be marketed better(eg in bold and flashing guaranteed ticket to all ireland etc) but im glad the tickets go via the clubs as its the best system(no system is perfect) to stop the touts getting there hands on them + making sure that the coaches/players/helpers get the tickets that their sacrifice deserves(after all the clubs are where the next county players come from)

I expect a large increase in season tickets next year with so many counties fancying their chances of making the final.

But getting an All Ireland final ticket is not the be all and end all for most season ticket holders.
    The season ticket is there to give value to supporters who go to a lot of their counties games whether that county be Carlow or Kerry.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If your a regular attender at matches your well aware of the GAA and County season tickets, so flashing signs aren't necessary.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

but sure the season ticket is just that so no need for a parallel system

No its not.

People who buy single tickets for every game should get the exact same recognition as a season ticket holder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

awec wrote: »
    People who buy single tickets for every game should get the exact same recognition as a season ticket holder.
    If they're doing that then they should buy a season ticket.

Better value beats them all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Gally05 wrote: »
    Five ?? you'll be lucky !!

Time will tell nothing wrong with a bit of optimism :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 cronley

I am genuine 62 year old Cork supporter. Want 1 or 2 tickets for All Ireland Hurling final. Will travel to collect. Will pay, or will provide Football Final tickets as swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

We will take any two tickets .We are not with clubs but have been at all games this year with the exception of league v Cork in Pairc Ui Rinn. Only request is that the price wont be mad .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I would sell you my tickets, but as a limerickman, I wont be going..

Do you have tickets They are impossible to get up here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

if you find a spare, give it to me!

here's a tip.
    ring clubs up in Connacht or north Leinster
    they often have tickets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

spacetrap wrote: »
    We will take any two tickets .We are not with clubs but have been at all games this year with the exception of league v Cork in Pairc Ui Rinn. Only request is that the price wont be mad .

I would say travel to the gaelic grounds,tngt,mix and mingle.There willbe a lot of football clubs that will get tickets.

All you,need is to just make one contact.They will know you are geuine,as they will be a very small cork crowd their.Even mix with the kildare fans.You have nothing to loose.

If i had a spare ticket,id be more inclined to give it to someone their,than on a forum board.I hope you get sorted,its unlikely you get one here though.

I would say travel to the gaelic grounds,tngt,mix and mingle.There willbe a lot of football clubs that will get tickets.

All you,need is to just make one contact.They will know you are geuine,as they will be a very small cork crowd their.Even mix with the kildare fans.You have nothing to loose.

If i had a spare ticket,id be more inclined to give it to someone their,than on a forum board.I hope you get sorted,its unlikely you get one here though.

Sound thanks

spacetrap wrote: »
    Sound thanks

No bother,kildare are bound to get tickets.And wear a cork jersey wherever,whenever u can.You'd be suprised where you meet a contact.Wearing sumthing of cork,is an ice breaker,sumone will always want to talk bout the match.Thats ure cue then to mention a ticket.
    I couldnt get a ticket for 06 for weeks,but done the same.I got one,the wednesday before,from a contact i never thought would get one.Even if nothing avails,you have lost nothing in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking for 2 tickets to the match. Supporting waterford in the minor game, it will be hard to find tickets on the day in time for he minor game. Why can't they put 100 or so tickets on public sale on ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking for 2 tickets to the match. Supporting waterford in the minor game, it will be hard to find tickets on the day in time for he minor game. Why can't they put 100 or so tickets on public sale on ticketmaster

because the clubs in the 4 counties involved all deserve tickets and the fairest way to do it is through the clubs, so tickets go to GAA members

as do all the other counties and clubs
    as well as players from all county panels
    other GAA sections - handball, camogie, ladies football, cumann na mbunscol, oversees sections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Lads got tickets on toutless.ie last few years, have to keep an eye on it as its first come first served... And they go fast once the ad is put up.

Lads got tickets on toutless.ie last few years, have to keep an eye on it as its first come first served... And they go fast once the ad is put up.

Thanks I have just put up a wanted post on that site now.

I'm an officer in our club and not even guaranteed a ticket :)
    All the seniors are begging for em, us poor camogie girls are like the second cousins :D
    I've contacted people all over the country am fairly sure I will get what I need around 1st September when the panic dies down a bit :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Can't understand why genuine fans don't do the season ticket. Only way to go.

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I'm an officer in our club and not even guaranteed a ticket :)
    All the seniors are begging for em, us poor camogie girls are like the second cousins :D
    I've contacted people all over the country am fairly sure I will get what I need around 1st September when the panic dies down a bit :rolleyes:

How does yere supporters club work Angel?is that any help.
    Were a joke in cork,we dnt even have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'd love to get my paws on a ticket but I'm not having much luck. If anyone is looking to shift one, PLEASE pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

I've been to every game this year and it looks like i won't be getting a ticket.No luck in the draw.And for people asking why i didn't get a season ticket.I really didn't think Clare would get to a final.

If anyone has tickets please PM me.I'l drive to Antrim if needs be.

How does yere supporters club work Angel?is that any help.
    Were a joke in cork,we dnt even have one.

There a bit useless 11 months of the year but come out of the woodwork for things like All Ireland tickets :D
    They will get an allocation from the County Board of about 50 tickets which comes out of the allocation for the Clare clubs

I have a season ticket as does my father but sure I'm being tortured by my brothers and others who want to go (including my mother)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Looking at Clares record that would represent seriously bad value for money.

ger664 wrote: »

I got one as a gift :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

ger664 wrote: »

please explain the above?
    i have a season ticket,it gets me into all league games and the first round of the championship free,you then pay for every game in the championship that your county is involved in @5 euro less face value.if you attend 60% of matches and your county is lucky enough to get to an all ireland you are guarenteed a ticket,cant understand how you think its seriously bad value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ozzyo

Is there any 10 year ticket holders that would want to swap 2 hurling final tickets for 2 football tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

please explain the above?
    i have a season ticket,it gets me into all league games and the first round of the championship free,you then pay for every game in the championship that your county is involved in @5 euro less face value.if you attend 60% of matches and your county is lucky enough to get to an all ireland you are guarenteed a ticket,cant understand how you think its seriously bad value for money.

If you attend all matches then a seson ticket is good value. If get it to make sure you get all ireland final tickets then its seriously bad value. This will be clares 7th senior All Ireland Final ever.

Anyone who has attended all of clares/corks league and championship games this year should be guaranteed a final ticket regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

If you're a genuine fan, then you would be going to most matches anyway so with the season ticket you would be saving a fair bit of money regardless of whether your team makes it to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

If you're a genuine fan, then you would be going to most matches anyway so with the season ticket you would be saving a fair bit of money regardless of whether your team makes it to the final.

Not really.As a student the majority of league games i go to i pay a tenner or less.The only games i'v paid full whack has been the semi final so far.

I actually didn't even know about the season ticket until last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Yurt wrote: »
    Not really.As a student the majority of league games i go to i pay a tenner or less.The only games i'v paid full whack has been the semi final so far.

Fair enough. I think there should be a student option on the season ticket but every other person who gets a season ticket would save money on it regardless of how far their team goes in the championship. There's even a kids season ticket for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Clareabu123

Genuine Clare supporter will take any tickets going but I would preferably like the Hill. Will take any number of tickets! Local club only got a certain allocation and although I am a member I was not lucky enough to get one. The reason I do not have a season ticket is because up until recently I was in a job that involved for the majority, weekend work so would not have been economical for me. Any help or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

You need to go 60% of the league and championship games and your County team has to be in the final in order to qualify for AI tickets afaik.

If as you say you are a student and have been to the league games you would have only payed 5 euro so im sure you would have said that and not 10 euro or less and for the semi final as a student you would also have got a concession of 10 euro which makes me think that you have been to none or very little games this year and are another one who is jumping on the bandwagon trying to get tickets when its the genuine supporters who have been there through thick and thin struggle to get them.

• Advertisement

dose anyone know when exactly the tickets are handed out to the clubs around the country, is it this week or next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

most clare fans i talked to yesterday knew nothing about the season tickets infairness we had no reason to look for them!!

Why, were Clare not playing in the league the last few years?

The season ticket isn't there to guarantee an all Ireland ticket, that's just a perk. It's there so real fans can save money attending league and early championship matches that they'd be going to anyway. Anyone bitching about not being able to get a ticket now who claims to have been at every match (including the league?!) who claims not to have known about the season ticket is either lying, or should be better informed. It's not as if this is a new scheme. And jaysus, a ticket that tracks your attendance but isn't a season ticket (with all the savings that go with that alongside the record of attendance), honest to God what would be the point? I honestly don't believe that poster is serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

+1. Went to about 10 different league games (both codes - Croker & Pearse Stadium) plus the semis & final (football) and the season ticket still wouldn't have been worth it for me (more so paying a large upfront fee which I need throughout the year - teaching practices are very expensive). Student option definitely needs to be brought it. "Luckily" (for lack of a better word) enough Galway didn't get to a final, but even so I probably would've been okay with the club.

I think it would be better if you paid a small fee for a season ticket, and you get it scanned at every game you go to to collect points - those with most points get AI final tickets (ticket also entitles you to discount to every game bar final).

I know some people are more than happy with the current set-up, but I think people that attended 50% (even 30%) of games should be sorted sooner than those that just go to the semis and/or final. At the end of the day, yes, it is fair, but it doesn't suit everyone, especially students.

Why, were Clare not playing in the league the last few years?

The season ticket isn't there to guarantee an all Ireland ticket, that's just a perk. It's there so real fans can save money attending league and early championship matches that they'd be going to anyway. Anyone bitching about not being able to get a ticket now who claims to have been at every match (including the league?!) who claims not to have known about the season ticket is either lying, or should be better informed. It's not as if this is a new scheme. And jaysus, a ticket that tracks your attendance but isn't a season ticket (with all the savings that go with that alongside the record of attendance), honest to God what would be the point? I honestly don't believe that poster is serious.

the season ticket program has changed quiet a bit in the last number of years one time it would only garintee you a terrace ticket for league games most clare suporters opt for the clare county board season tickets which covers club games aswell as offers discounts to inter county games,

and agin if you bothered your arse to read the reasons i gave in that earlier post you could have saved yourself the time and energy in sending this post ,

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

the season ticket program has changed quiet a bit in the last number of years one time it would only garintee you a terrace ticket for league games most clare suporters opt for the clare county board season tickets which covers club games aswell as offers discounts to inter county games,

and agin if you bothered your arse to read the reasons i gave in that earlier post you could have saved yourself the time and energy in sending this post ,

The season ticket is advertised to every county the same way. You can't blame the fact it's "changed over the last few years" for not keeping up with what's on offer. If you're as genuine a fan as you say and have been to every game etc you will get a ticket, it's just a case of following up on every hint of one on offer.

Season ticket's exist now that get you into all your county's club games as well. There's no point bothering with individual county board offerings, all you're getting is a worst product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement