Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Will season ticket holders from Galway and Waterford be given an option to buy tickets for the final ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Lapin wrote: »
    Will season ticket holders from Galway and Waterford be given an option to buy tickets for the final ?
    No. The season ticket is for senior hurling/football only.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lapin wrote: »

No, ye Galway boys will have to win a semi final first to get here :D

**I'm kidding btw! :)**

They will only give the tickets out to anyone who is "important" within overseas clubs, companies and the usual BS. If they did it right then a certain number should go to season ticket holders who have say 100% attendance on their season ticket for their own county. At least they would have more of an interest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

yop wrote: »
    They will only give the tickets out to anyone who is "important" within overseas clubs, companies and the usual BS. If they did it right then a certain number should go to season ticket holders who have say 100% attendance on their season ticket for their own county. At least they would have more of an interest.
    To be fair, they do do that. I attended 100% of Meath's games last season and got a ticket to the All Ireland final. Whether or not the fact that the Meath minors were in the final had anything to do with it is another question.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

To be fair, they do do that. I attended 100% of Meath's games last season and got a ticket to the All Ireland final. Whether or not the fact that the Meath minors were in the final had anything to do with it is another question.

Did you! Apologise, didn't realize that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

thank god for the season ticket, the best thing the gaa introduced in years. i'd say to the op to go around the pubs etc. on the day, it always sorted me out anyway, there is also plenty floating about , i think we have this discussion every year and i suppose everyone says that every AI final that tickets are like gold dust, there'll be none around etc. good luck OP and i hope your team wins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tatehamster

Hi Cronley. I have two premium tickets for the hurling final that I am looking to swap for the football final. Message me if you are still looking to swap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Hi Cronley. I have two premium tickets for the hurling final that I am looking to swap for the football final. Message me if you are still looking to swap!

You looking for premium for football as well I assume?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

yop wrote: »
    No, ye Galway boys will have to win a semi final first to get here :D

**I'm kidding btw! :)**

As someone who kinda falls into that "important" category, let me clarify that the tickets are not free, you still have to pay full whack for them. And its a nice reward to have the option to buy two tickets to each of the finals for all the work that you put into it for the year, some fairly thankless jobs - most of the time I'd say those tickets are handed on to people that they know who are looking for them.

The companies would be different, as the GAA have to mind their sponsors and ensure that they will continue to support the games. Central Council has a large number of different subcommittees, if you have a really strong neck you could always try ringing a few people on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

As someone who kinda falls into that "important" category, let me clarify that the tickets are not free, you still have to pay full whack for them. And its a nice reward to have the option to buy two tickets to each of the finals for all the work that you put into it for the year, some fairly thankless jobs - most of the time I'd say those tickets are handed on to people that they know who are looking for them.

The companies would be different, as the GAA have to mind their sponsors and ensure that they will continue to support the games. Central Council has a large number of different subcommittees, if you have a really strong neck you could always try ringing a few people on it!

Or people could actually try taking up some of those positions within clubs that they are so fond of berating. Secretaries and chairmen of clubs get an awful amount of criticism when their work is completely indispensable to the running of the games, is also provided completely free of charge, and is utterly thankless and mainly very boring work done only out of a love for the game and the club. I hate hearing people begrudge committee folks an All Ireland ticket, they've obviously never seen how much time and effort and sacrifice goes into doing the job. I can only imagine what it's like to have to do that kind of job in one of the big clubs (I've done it only in a very small club and it was practically like a part-time job that made huge demands on my personal time and severely impinged on my own real work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 tatehamster

angelfire9 wrote: »
    You looking for premium for football as well I assume?

It is the boss that is looking to swap and I just checked and she does want premium in return unfortunately.... This is not going to be easy!:)

Or people could actually try taking up some of those positions within clubs that they are so fond of berating. Secretaries and chairmen of clubs get an awful amount of criticism when their work is completely indispensable to the running of the games, is also provided completely free of charge, and is utterly thankless and mainly very boring work done only out of a love for the game and the club. I hate hearing people begrudge committee folks an All Ireland ticket, they've obviously never seen how much time and effort and sacrifice goes into doing the job. I can only imagine what it's like to have to do that kind of job in one of the big clubs (I've done it only in a very small club and it was practically like a part-time job that made huge demands on my personal time and severely impinged on my own real work).

Hear hear I've gotten 1 ticket which I am getting tonight, by virtue of my club involvement

Good stuff. I should say, as it happens, I would always wish people well in their search for tickets, and in my experience if you persevere in the search, and really do care that much about it, you will get sorted out. What bothers me are the people who are more interested in cribbing about other people getting them, particularly when they are talking about people patently more deserving than themselves!

I remember in 2005 I wandered up to Croke Park for the final (I wasn't attending, just meeting friends who were) and went to a pub nearby for the match itself. There were these people from Galway sitting beside me, and one girl was giving out about not being able to find a ticket and that it was ridiculous that the real fans were stuck outside. I said, "ah sure I know how it goes, but personally I wouldn't have been heading in anyway, as I'm from Kilkenny".

"Kilkenny?!" she says laughing, "sure we beat ye already!". Then turns to her friend and says "didn't we beat Kilkenny already?".

I mean ffs...the real fans? I asked her not to talk to me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I have had 2 season tickets for Dublin football since they first came out. The GAA has streamlined them a lot since they first came out. At Croke Park they used to scan your card outside the dedicated stile and in the stile the guy would hand you the ticket. One time we entered in the Cusack and we had to leg it over to the Upper Hogan as thats the tickets we were handed! Thankfully printing out the section 305/306 Lwr Cusack tickets is easier and the membership cards are handy at the away games. The season ticket is very handy for the league games and it takes the hassle out of looking for tickets every match, plus a fiver discount every match. I used to get my match tickets through my club, and although guaranteed a ticket, we could end up in not great seats, even for 1st round football or hurling. That was my main reason for getting the season ticket, good seats in Croke Park. Parnell Park was fine seatwise, but travelling and parking there is always a pain. I couldn't afford the season ticket for the hurling tbh and just go on a per match basis. I got very good Lwr Hogan 333 for the Leinster hurling final and Lwr Hogan 334 for Cork vs Dublin both on GAA.TICKETS.IE. I wouldn't have got tickets for the AI hurling final though had Dublin got to it. If the GAA brought out a discount if you bought your county's hurling and football season ticket, I might consider that.

So, regardless of what county you are supporting, the season ticket is good, a hassle free ticketing source definitely. If team gets to final, then I'll pay the €80 X 2 and enjoy, thinking back to those freezing night games back in Feb and March!

Almost every game in Croke Park in the football this year, the GAA were offering me a chance to buy a premium ticket ( Davin 516 or 517) €1,000 for one year or upgrade per match basis. I upgraded for the League final just to enjoy the occasion at €25 extra each, just as a treat coz we really did freeze at some of those league games in Feb March. Tbh, some of those premium seaters look like they have more money than sense. The premium section is way overpriced, better value and atmosphere in the regular seats imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Our GAA Club are running a Prize Draw for Premium Tickets for both Hurling & Football Finals.

Check out:
    www.stpatrickswicklow.ie

How much of an advantage could a Wicklow Town resident from Clare get? ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Just for the record, heres the uptodate distribution for last years final and replay along with the comparible figures for the year previous.

Year 2011 2012 2012 Replay
    OVERALL CAPACITY 82,006 82,006 82,006
    County Allocations 58,401 58,622 60,401
    Provinces 335 355 205
    Overseas 470 472 450
    Ard Chomhairle & Iar Uachtaran 798 798 798
    Camogie 120 120 120
    Ladies Football 150 150 150
    Rounders & Handball 147 147 102
    Sponsors 935 922 884
    Press 254 254 240
    TV & Radio 74 74 74
    Schools & Educational Bodies 2229 2229 1724
    3rd Level 240 240 120
    Croke Park Residents 250 250 250
    Match Officials & National Referees Panel 103 105 78
    Health Bodies & Irish Sports Council 60 60 40
    Match Day / Vertigo / Minor Teams 148 148 148
    Staff & Sub-committees 718 698 378
    Jubilee Teams 68 72 0
    Mini-Sevens 244 244 244
    Term Tickets 4144 4144 4144
    Season Tickets 1884 1374 928
    Number available for distribution 71772 71478 71478
    Premium & Corporate 10528 10528 10528
    Total 82300 82006 82006

Source page 54 here:
    http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/annual_reports/GAA%20Report%202013%20Cuid%20I%20Complete%20(1).pdf
    I've tried to re format it as best I could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

FYI,

I have been to the last 8 finals and have never failed to get one on the day outside the ground.

One or two matches were tricky, in particular the KK Tipp game in 2010.

But by and large its been possible to pick up a ticket handy enough.

Obviously there will be more interest in this one, I'd imagine it would be harder. But if all else fails, then I'd recommend this strategy.

The only thing is, you'll watch the match on your own, you wont get two seats together.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Hear hear I've gotten 1 ticket which I am getting tonight, by virtue of my club involvement

I'm getting two hurling and have the option of two football if I want

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    FYI,

I have been to the last 8 finals and have never failed to get one on the day outside the ground.

One or two matches were tricky, in particular the KK Tipp game in 2010.

But by and large its been possible to pick up a ticket handy enough.

Obviously there will be more interest in this one, I'd imagine it would be harder. But if all else fails, then I'd recommend this strategy.

The only thing is, you'll watch the match on your own, you wont get two seats together.
    Shhhh thats my plan as unlikely to get enough tickets in the club draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

how do those junkies touts get their hands on them who are at the corner of the big tree every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

how do those junkies touts get their hands on them who are at the corner of the big tree every year

Local clubs? Residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

must be residents so,every single event iv ever went to at croke park they have always been there touting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

advice needed

is it worth travelling up from Waterford on the match day to try and get tickets outside

would it be hard to get tickets in time for the minor final (the sole purpose ill be going to Dublin on the day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Have the hurling final tickets been sent out to the clubs yet ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Have the hurling final tickets been sent out to the clubs yet ?

Yes they have in Clare anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 markel

Does anyone know do football clubs in non competing counties get a hurling allocation or do they have to be a hurling club?

markel wrote: »
    Does anyone know do football clubs in non competing counties get a hurling allocation or do they have to be a hurling club?

Every club gets an allocation. We are hurling only but always get football tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 markel

Tks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

It's interesting to look at the season ticket numbers. For both sets of fans and some neutrals the numbers are 1,900, 1,400 and then 900. This seems an awfully low number. Wikipedia claims Leinster Rugby has 12,500 for comparison. It is maybe something the GAA could look at. They are clearly good value for the diehard fan but that's clearly all who's buying them at the moment. I wonder would they get more of an uptake by basing them around the championship rather than league and championship combined. Whilst it would be great to see more people at the league there's been a huge fall off in interest for early round championship games. This might help address that. There's a sizeable cohort around the country who have a strong interest but who aren't going to nearly as many matches as they used to.

At present the league is a very mixed bag in terms of what you get. This year for the Waterford hurlers you would have seen a great series of matches. The year before only 1 of the 5 matches had both teams actually going for it. I'm not talking about young players being blooded or full championship pace, I mean one team had taken a conscious decision in their preparations not to compete properly with a longer term plan in mind. Which is fair enough but makes for a very poor spectacle. As it can only take 3 games for a team to reach the final then this means only 50% of matches weren't a write off. The cut-off for an All Ireland ticket is 60% attendance.

I'm not trying to suggest I have a divine right to a ticket myself by the way. I'm just wondering how much of a success the season ticket scheme is. It's a reward for those who would be at the matches anyway but I wonder could the GAA use them to drive attendances for those in between the diehards and the big day out crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The season ticket is great value and is extremely fair, it rewards supporters who attend their counties teams.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

seligehgit wrote: »
    The season ticket is great value and is extremely fair, it rewards supporters who attend their counties teams.

My uncle from Dublin has 4 season tickets, rarely if ever goes to games. I think he was at 1 league game and leinster final all year

He gives his tickets to anyone he knows going to games, family, friends etc.... and if Dublin win on Sunday he is guaranteed 4 tickets for the final.

Very smart move especially if your a bigger county

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mc_hammered

where is all the bleedin tickets. sigh. looks like mc will be watching this in the pub, still over a week to sort it i suppose.

if one was to rely on getting ticket on match day. i have heard some people say its easy and your 100% to buy one at normal prices then others say it wont be so easy and chances will be rare. i take it truth is somewhere in the middle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

must be residents so,every single event iv ever went to at croke park they have always been there touting

They also have lads wandering around posing as genuine fans buying tickets that people have spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

where is all the bleedin tickets. sigh. looks like mc will be watching this in the pub, still over a week to sort it i suppose.

if one was to rely on getting ticket on match day. i have heard some people say its easy and your 100% to buy one at normal prices then others say it wont be so easy and chances will be rare. i take it truth is somewhere in the middle?

For the last few years the hurling tickets have been relatively easy to get on the wkend of the final - in 2008 when there was a major panic beforehand in Waterford, there was no problem in Dublin on the sunday. 2009 with Tipp back there was an increase in demand but still tickets available before throw in. Since then plenty available - however it maybe a bit different this year with KK gone, Cork having huge support and Clare back after 10 years. Plus the recession is over and everyone is happy again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

Limestone1 wrote: »
    They also have lads wandering around posing as genuine fans buying tickets that people have spare.

It's always the same gougers that can be seen around Croke Park, Aviva, Slane etc. They do send out people posing as genuine fans as I observed when I was waiting to meet someone outside Quinns pub before an All Ireland final and a woman was going around asking people for tickets and didn't look or sound like a gouger. As soon as she got some, I saw her going straight across the road to a gouger standing by the barricades on Clonliffe Road selling them and gave them straight to him and returned looking for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Messy_hair

I've two tickets for hurling All-Ireland and would swap them for 2 football ones if anyone had them:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

as of last tuesday night clare county board had 9000 tickets to give to clubs from the gaa itself which is roughly 1/3 of the demand in the county more tickets will be sent down here next monday or so i hear,

however the slow process this year has been caused i think by the number of people looking to swap hurling for football tickets and as far as i know the football tickets wont go on sale until mid next week

i imagine come thursday/friday/saterday of next week tickets will become alot more plentyfull when they get sent back to the two counties that want them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hey

I'm desperately looking for 1 or 2 tickets for the all Ireland football final, if anyone has tickets and can't go - let me know please :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ilovegalway

Looking for 2 tickets for the all Ireland football final. After attending every match this year with our 6 and a half year old but I really think we would be lucky to get 2 tickets never mind 3. Kicking myself I didn't join the cairde maigh Eo tickets as I was afraid some of the kids might be sick but thankfully we had a great summer. really don't want to have to pay a some random person a few hundred euros again after last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Looking for 2 tickets for the all Ireland football final. After attending every match this year with our 6 and a half year old but I really think we would be lucky to get 2 tickets never mind 3. Kicking myself I didn't join the cairde maigh Eo tickets as I was afraid some of the kids might be sick but thankfully we had a great summer. really don't want to have to pay a some random person a few hundred euros again after last year.

Nice name for a die hard Mayo fan! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I have 2 premium tickets for the football final and want to swap them for 2 central premium tickets for the hurling if anyone is interested. Swaps only please - not interested in selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

yomtea98 wrote: »
    The season ticket is only worth it if your team gets to the AI.Every other game there is no need for it as tickets are not a problem.I honestly didn't think at the start of the year we would get to the final so I didn't get one.Still went to every game. I will get it next year

Can't agree with that,you get in gratis to every league game,ditto the first championship game and have a 5 euro reduction on match ticket prices for every subsequent game up to and including a potential all Ireland semi final.That sounds like great value for money to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ilovegalway

kippy wrote: »
    Nice name for a die hard Mayo fan! ;)[/

Thanks nothing will beat beating Galway in salt hill this year completely epic.

Even the fact that I didn't get clamped this year was a bonus "I love Galway " lol the city that gave me my 3 rd level education but in my first few weeks in Galway in 1998 I watched them bring Sam to eyre square and oh boy it hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

in fairness to those muppets trying to swap hurling tickets for football final tickets forget about it and screw your head back on!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

the all irelnd hurling final will most likley be over before the football final tickets go on sale so your wasting your time in my opinion!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Just asking for my dad, when do tickets go on sale for the All Ireland football final?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

They don't go on general sale. Only way to get them is through your club or county board. They should start being allocated during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The first post of this thread, about halfway down.

The short of it is they don't go on general sale anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Football final tickets are out already - I have my 2 premium tickets and do this swap every year. So not sure who's the muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

If you have 100% attendance on the season ticket from a county no longer involved when do you find out the outcome of that draw for an All Ireland Football ticket?

Advertisement