Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Football final tickets are out already - I have my 2 premium tickets and do this swap every year. So not sure who's the muppet.

yes premium tickets are out there the only ones available !!!

i'l spell it out to you agin the tickets have not and will not be allocated to the clubs for the football final until later this week or early next :mad: !!!

if i had known you would have been so bloody precise i would'nt have bothered my arse!!! i'l know the next time though when posting....... il make it nice and clear for you to understand;) !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

No, you commented that anyone who was looking to swap football tickets for hurling were muppets and it was directly under my post looking to swap. You were wrong - simple as that. Most clubs will also be getting their tickets tomorrow or Tuesday night so plenty of time to swap. If you're as clued in as you think you are you'd also know that dozens of clubs from competing counties also swap tickets every year for the finals - for example lots of tickets have been swapped between clare and mayo clubs this year.

Nothing wrong in admitting when you're wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cizdennehy

I have an Davin Stand Upper ticket for the hurling final. Would swap for a Hill ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shhhh thats my plan as unlikely to get enough tickets in the club draw.
    my plan too but have to get tickets in time of the minor match which will be like winning the euromillions. ah well it will be nice to be around croker for an all ireland final

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Just had to post. My grandparents are from Clare and we actually do go to ALL the matches. I m just really mad looking at some posts on face book and here all the genuine fans that cant get ticktets. I remember going to the 1b games under the sparrow there was nt a clare supporter to be seen or very few so how are all these people saying they go to all the matches. Did they go to one match this year so now they believe they have been to all the matches. I was at all league games last year. I actually didn't go to any championship matches last year but again very few if any clare supporters were to be seen. At the clare -galway - Cork -Killkenny game. After the KK-Cork game, most of the Cork supporters left yet there were still more cork supporters than Clare supporters so again where were ALL the genuine supporters. Didn't go to the semi myself but apparently because some people turned out for that they have suddenly been to ALL the matches. Poor turnout for Cork Clare game as well.
    I just find it very annoying I have a ticket but I got it from another county. I am actually happy to have a ticket but I find it very annoying that if I wanted a ticket from Clare I have no actual proof of the heartbreaking matches I went to when Clare were losing and that just because people went to the semis they are all of a sudden genuine supporters. They are even giving out that football clubs don't deserve tickets. Any GAA member or person that dedicates their lives to GAA deserves a ticket (as long as they wont sell it). So if all these people are so deserving of a ticket why aren't they member of a club?
    I do appreciate it is an unfair system. Someone mentioned a swipe card for matches that clock s up or proves the matches you go to. I don't think Croke park care who gets going once there selling out. It s become too much of a corporate event . Business people pulling tickets etc. and kids not being able to go etc. But I have to say I am annoyed with all these "genuine supporters" crawling out of the woodwork. !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Just had to post. My grandparents are from Clare and we actually do go to ALL the matches. I m just really mad looking at some posts on face book and here all the genuine fans that cant get ticktets. I remember going to the 1b games under the sparrow there was nt a clare supporter to be seen or very few so how are all these people saying they go to all the matches. Did they go to one match this year so now they believe they have been to all the matches. I was at all league games last year. I actually didn't go to any championship matches last year but again very few if any clare supporters were to be seen. At the clare -galway - Cork -Killkenny game. After the KK-Cork game, most of the Cork supporters left yet there were still more cork supporters than Clare supporters so again where were ALL the genuine supporters. Didn't go to the semi myself but apparently because some people turned out for that they have suddenly been to ALL the matches. Poor turnout for Cork Clare game as well.
    I just find it very annoying I have a ticket but I got it from another county. I am actually happy to have a ticket but I find it very annoying that if I wanted a ticket from Clare I have no actual proof of the heartbreaking matches I went to when Clare were losing and that just because people went to the semis they are all of a sudden genuine supporters. They are even giving out that football clubs don't deserve tickets. Any GAA member or person that dedicates their lives to GAA deserves a ticket (as long as they wont sell it). So if all these people are so deserving of a ticket why aren't they member of a club?
    I do appreciate it is an unfair system. Someone mentioned a swipe card for matches that clock s up or proves the matches you go to. I don't think Croke park care who gets going once there selling out. It s become too much of a corporate event . Business people pulling tickets etc. and kids not being able to go etc. But I have to say I am annoyed with all these "genuine supporters" crawling out of the woodwork. !

100% agree , i have been to all the championship and 3 league games this year and i can safely say there are no more then 5 or 6 thousand clare suporters that deserve a ticket ,

i am from west clare where there are no hurling clubs and have been listening to the argument that we shouldnt get tickets which is a complete joke given the fact so many hurling people stayed away from the county setup for so long ,

but then agin some of them wanted davey fitz sacked after the munster semi final defeat to cork..........now they want a ticket:mad: !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The ticket allocation for AI finals are ridiculous in general in that at least 20-30% of tickets are very difficult to get for participating counties. But in fairness to the GAA the season ticket is a very good initiative and works well for genuine supporters at a reasonable price guaranteeing an AI ticket for minimum 60% attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SeanM2011

If by chance,I know it is highly unlikely, that a kind hearted person who will have a All-Ireland Football Final ticket or could possibly get one, would be able to PM with the details so I would be able to purchase it. I am a genuine Mayo supporter and with Dublin now in the final I feel my chances of getting a ticket are diminishing further! If you have a season ticket and have the option of buying a ticket but have no intention of going to the final please get in contact, or any other manner of getting one for that matter,it would honestly be extremely appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

100% agree , i have been to all the championship and 3 league games this year and i can safely say there are no more then 5 or 6 thousand clare suporters that deserve a ticket ,

i am from west clare where there are no hurling clubs and have been listening to the argument that we shouldnt get tickets which is a complete joke given the fact so many hurling people stayed away from the county setup for so long ,

but then agin some of them wanted davey fitz sacked after the munster semi final defeat to cork..........now they want a ticket:mad: !!

You are been generous there towards the Clare Supporters numbers - I don't think the genuine supporters would even number 5 or 6K.

West Clare people are excellent supporters of Clare hurling, so that comment about not getting tickets should be taken with a grain of salt.

But if only genuine supporters were to get tickets then we would only have a few thousand Clare supporters at the final and we don't want that either. Every county has their share of bandwagon supporters and we in Clare are no different, although the neck of some of them infuriates me - in our club at least two requests by non club members (both of whom would not know a hurley from a tennis racket) for 10+ tickets have been made.

The only feasible way I think is the current method of distributing through the clubs, to club members. A 'swipe' system whereby
    your attendence at games is recorded would be ideal, but how do you implement such a system for Waterford Crystal games or U21 games or Minor games. This is the GAA we are talking about - such a system is years away. The season ticket holder system is the closest we have to that and although I did not partake, it sounds likes the fairest system for genuine supporters who are not club members.

You're last point in relation to Fitzy - there was a lot of over reaction after the Cork game. There is no doubt that Davy has learned a lot since that game - our game is now a nice mixture of short ball when needed and low direct ball when it makes sense also. Kelly is gone to midfield - a position every knows is his best. Conor Ryan is gone to center back. There was a certain amount of justified criticism after the Cork game but the important thing is that Davy seems to have learned from it.

I agree that football clubs should get tickets as it is some reward to trainers and players that are out in mid winter busting their B**** for GAA. I live in a predominantly hurling area but they do participate in hurling too so I don't know if west clare have any hurling teams or play junior or anything but even still I agree they should get tickets.
    I looked at ads on done deal. I felt like ringing these people just to get their names and addresses to report them but its hardly a crime is it?
    Someone said on Facebook or something that the GAA club that gave them the tickets should be fined if they are sold for profit that way theyd be more careful about how they give them out.
    I am not getting my ticket until Wednesday as the club wont give them out early for that reason.
    Something has to be done. Last year I sold a football all Ireland ticket for face value and everyone said I was mad as they were going for up to 8 grand on the internet. I felt it was the right thing to do and hopefully it was karma as now I have my ticket for the all Ireland. I couldn't justify selling a ticket for 8 grand. I m surprised they have nt gone for that for the hurling but glad there not.
    But yes your right very poor turnout over the last 3-4 years yet there are thousands who go to ALL the Matches.
    I still think its an unfair system tho! Something needs to be done about it. !

• Advertisement

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    I agree that football clubs should get tickets as it is some reward to trainers and players that are out in mid winter busting their B**** for GAA. I live in a predominantly hurling area but they do participate in hurling too so I don't know if west clare have any hurling teams or play junior or anything but even still I agree they should get tickets.
    I looked at ads on done deal. I felt like ringing these people just to get their names and addresses to report them but its hardly a crime is it?
    Someone said on Facebook or something that the GAA club that gave them the tickets should be fined if they are sold for profit that way theyd be more careful about how they give them out.
    I am not getting my ticket until Wednesday as the club wont give them out early for that reason.
    Something has to be done. Last year I sold a football all Ireland ticket for face value and everyone said I was mad as they were going for up to 8 grand on the internet. I felt it was the right thing to do and hopefully it was karma as now I have my ticket for the all Ireland. I couldn't justify selling a ticket for 8 grand. I m surprised they have nt gone for that for the hurling but glad there not.
    But yes your right very poor turnout over the last 3-4 years yet there are thousands who go to ALL the Matches.
    I still think its an unfair system tho! Something needs to be done about it. !
    Live in football area I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

If you have had a season ticket and been to the majoirity of clare games your entilited to one through that.

That's how I have mine for the football final. Wont have to worry as the bangwagoners go mad in search of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Season Tickets are a fair system and takes the stress of the All Ireland final day ticket hunt away.

Those "true fans" that dont have a season ticket have nobody but themselves to blame if their hunt doesnt pay off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Season Tickets are a fair system and takes the stress of the All Ireland final day ticket hunt away.

Those "true fans" that dont have a season ticket have nobody but themselves if their hunt doesnt pay off
    100% Correct.

I dont have a ticket myself, nor am I likely to get one, but those "True fans" that go to every match but don't have a season ticket confuse me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Roll on the 22nd of Sept. can't wait!!

Attendance_zps23d34d36.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Those "true fans" that dont have a season ticket have nobody but themselves if their hunt doesnt pay off

Well im from mayo and i dont have a season ticket. I went to the fbd games, a lot of league games, all the connacths and the semi final because I got very lucky with my days off at work. However I didnt know I would be so lucky and so I could not justify forking out $200 on a season ticket that might not get any use. Plus id also have to pay the match ticket price aswell even if I didnt go.

Going by that is it really my fault if I dont get a ticket for the final, simply because I didnt have €200 to potentially throw away?

celticbest wrote: »

I missed three but am at 79%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Football final tickets are out already - I have my 2 premium tickets and do this swap every year. So not sure who's the muppet.

Tickets swapped. Thanks for all the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

If you have had a season ticket and been to the majoirity of clare games your entilited to one through that.

I think I know the answer to this question but just in case - is there an option for hurling season tickets holder not from Clare or Galway to buy a ticket for the AI?

Just as a matter of interest, are Galway or Waterford fans allowed to buy them if they're season ticket holders? I think they should, there is no reason why they can't be offset against the tickets that the minor counties against - or is there too many season tickets holders of each county?

tacofries wrote: »
    I could not justify forking out $200 on a season ticket that might not get any use. Plus id also have to pay the match ticket price aswell even if I didnt go.

Going by that is it really my fault if I dont get a ticket for the final, simply because I didnt have €200 to potentially throw away?

Season tickets don't cost €200. But to answer your question, should the GAA change their system because it doesn't suit you personally - no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

Ah...but did you go to Killarney??;)

I'm the same 13 from 14.....makes up for all those freezing nights in Croker

Well im from mayo and i dont have a season ticket. I went to the fbd games, a lot of league games, all the connacths and the semi final because I got very lucky with my days off at work. However I didnt know I would be so lucky and so I could not justify forking out $200 on a season ticket that might not get any use. Plus id also have to pay the match ticket price aswell even if I didnt go.

:eek: Season Ticket is €85, all league games and 1st Championship game are included with it which more than covers the cost of paying game by game & then you get €5 off all Championship games except your Provincial Final & the all-Ireland final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I think you should get to do some more research on the season ticket before you decide not to buy it again. You seem to think that you have to pay for tickets to championship games that you do not attend. You don't. The season ticket gets you into all of your counties league games (both home & away) and your first championship game for free. So it has already paid for itself long before your counties second game.

From then on, you only pay for games that you actually go to. If you can't attend or don't want to go to a game, you don't have to pay for a ticket to it. If you drop below the criteria for games attended, then you lose out on your shot at an AI final ticket, but if you aren't going to games for whatever reason, you don't have to pay for tickets to them.

Money is tight for all of us these days. None of us (who work weekends) know what days we will have off next summer to go to games. None of can say for sure we'll be free to attend a game our county is playing in, versus having to attend some stupid family wedding or whatever. None of us know how far our county will go next year. We are all in the same boat really. No offense, but it is hard to have sympathy for someone whose county has been in serious contention for Sam for the last few years, who was not doing their thinking & planning for September back in January, like the rest of us did.

Ah...but did you go to Killarney??;)

I'm the same 13 from 14.....makes up for all those freezing nights in Croker

I did, only missed the Donegal game 'cause I was dying with the Flu...

It's your fault that you may potentially not get a ticket.
    Not the GAA's........
    They have a certain level of demand and have numerous options available through out the year to try and benefit as many people as possible.

Going by that is it really my fault if I dont get a ticket for the final?

Whose fault is it? The system in place is about as fair as you can have it.

The €80 (ish) the season ticket would have cost you at the start of the season looks like the sound investment that it is. The €80 covers all national league fixtures and the first round of the championship. You would need to pay for each championship fixture after that.

Over the course of the season the €200 figure might not be far off. However, come final day you will have no stress. In this context the season ticket can only be viewed as money well spent. I'd rather have it that way than a three week treasure hunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Season tickets don't cost €200. But to answer your question, should the GAA change their system because it doesn't suit you personally - no.

People often confuse the GAA Season ticket with the individual county ticket schemes.
    The one in Mayo, Cáirde Mhaigheo, costs e200 I believe, but a Mayo Season ticket cost the same as every other counties season ticket

If you take the cost of the 5 tickets after the first round of the championship, then €200 mightnt be far off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

I did, only missed the Donegal game 'cause I was dying with the Flu...

I'll be honest, i did not go to Killarney but i think all Dublin season tickets were credited due to some mistake in Killarney.

The 60% threshold is 8 from 14 games

• Advertisement

If you take the cost of the 5 tickets after the first round of the championship, then €200 mightnt be far off the mark.

That's money he would have to spend if he was going to the matches anyway. It's still only €85 (or cheaper if you buy the Early Bird option) so that's the only amount "at play".

I'm sorry but unless a person is living abroad, I have no sympathy for so called "die hard" fans who don't have a season ticket.

I'll be honest, i did not go to Killarney but i think all Dublin season tickets were credited due to some mistake in Killarney.

The 60% threshold is 8 from 14 games

When you think about 8 from 14 games. Thats practically giving away all ireland final tickets.

If that were a cup final in rugby or football the threshold would be far greater. I'm not a huge rugby follower but would you get a heineken cup final ticket for 8 from 14 games.

I very much doubt it but am open to correction

That's money he would have to spend if he was going to the matches anyway. It's still only €85 (or cheaper if you buy the Early Bird option) so that's the only amount "at play".

I'm sorry but unless a person is living abroad, I have no sympathy for so called "die hard" fans who don't have a season ticket.

True but it still has to be paid. So if you add the ticket prices from the provincial semi final onwards. €200 is probably about right in total.

There was an article in a match day programme some time ago called "championship man".

Debates like these always remind me of that article. It discussed people who only attend games at the business end of the championship and the reasons and justifications they use to gain an all ireland final ticket at the expense of other fans who attend all year round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I dont know how but I was mixing it up with the cairde maigh eo ticket this year! 85 is great value.

My question wasnt about should the gaa suit me, it was questioning another poster who basically said the only true fans are the ones with season tickets and everyone else has themselves to blame if they dont get a ticket for the final. I dont know where you got your take on the question from to be honest.

I think the season ticket is a brilliant system thatdoes help a fair amount of tickets to fall into the right hands.only downside of it is it makes some people feel high and mighty and that they are above every other supporter that doesnt have one.

True but it still has to be paid. So if you add the ticket prices from the provincial semi final onwards. €200 is probably about right in total.

Yeah, but the posters point isn't that he couldn't afford to go to games. He was able to afford to go to games, plenty of them. He just didn't want to have to have to pay for them in advance, in case he wasn't able to go to them. He didn't think he would be able to go to as many games as he wound up going to. He seems to think that with the season ticket, you have to pre pay for games. You don't, you just pay as you go.

While I do feel bad for someone who went to lots of games, not getting an AI final ticket, it is still the responsibility of individual GAA fans to educate themselves about the various ticket packages out there imo. Then they can make informed decisions about buying them or not. No one is going to do it for them.

• Advertisement

There was an article in a match day programme some time ago called "championship man".

Debates like these always remind me of that article. It discussed people who only attend games at the business end of the championship and the reasons and justifications they use to gain an all ireland final ticket at the expense of other fans who attend all year round

There's no point in anyone "looking down" on those of us/them that only attend matches at the business end of the season (quarters, semis and final).

If you were only to provide all ireland tickets to Only the "die hard/hard core" attendees who were at Mayo/London match (for example) you'd only have a maximum of 21 odd thousand tickets to hand out in Mayo (how many were London is another question)
    Indeed, you'll find EVERY year the attendances get higher as Mayo progress into the later stages, as you'd expect.

It is a bit high disingenuous of those fans looking down on others for not:
    1. Having the cash to attend every game.
    2. Have the time or flexible lifestyle to attend every game.
    when there are VERY VERY VERY few fans who would make every game all year anyway.

I'd suggest that the people who have attended EVERY mayo game this year are in their thousands (perhaps about 7 or 8 thousand if even)
    If that were all the tickets available to mayo this year, Mayo and indeed the national GAA would be in a very bad shape.

The reality of the situation is that success breeds success and interest. Last year I got to 2 games, this year I've been to them all bar London. I'm still not expecting a ticket as I am not involved in any GAA club and didnt buy any form of season ticket (mainly because I have kids and a lifestyle that sometimes doesn't allow me travel to far)
    I am sure there are many like me (who didnt get to much last year, got to more this year) that others here would look down on for being a "bandwagon" hopper.
    But without us the GAA would make very little money and the atmostphere at matches/in the country would be entirely different.

In the past when I've been offered a ticket I have given it to a family member who has been at matches all year, I feel this is only fair.
    This year, not a hope, I've made considerable efforts to get to matches and support the team.
    Not expecting a ticket mind and if I dont get one it's my own fault - but less of the looking down on the bandwagon hoppers please........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Have the season ticket for 2 years but this is the first final - Will we print out the ticket as normal or do they send you one/have to collect one? Assume for the final its physical tickets for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

They post out a nice shiny hard copy of the ticket with your name on it to your postal address..

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    They post out a nice shiny hard copy of the ticket with your name on it to your postal address..

It's bring me back to the day when you save tokens from the back of a Cornflake box, send off for a £2 toy, wait 28 days and then you come home everyday asking if it has arrived.

The only difference is the excitement of receiving the post this time increases about tenfold. Bliss, pure bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Anybody know from previous years where the season ticket holders will situated in the ground. Do we remain in the Upper Cusack?

Any word on when they'll be sent out?

• Advertisement

There are far too many people on here with their noses out of joint who feel they are being "looked down" on by those who are being "high and mighty". Stop being so sensitive folks.

No one is looking down on you. All of us here have families and jobs and other commitments that require our time and money. Yet some of us here chose to commit our time and our money to buying a season ticket. Some of us did not. I am one of the former. Does that make me superior to anyone else? No, it doesn't. Does that make me better than anyone else? No, it doesn't, just a better planner maybe. Does that make me a better fan than anyone else? No, it doesn't, just better prepared.

All it means is that I am now sorted for an AI final ticket. An added perk is that I don't have the urge to come on the internet and complain that I can't get a ticket due to some unfair system that picks on people like me & then insult others who are not in the same position as me. A little perspective would go a long way here folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Season ticket analysis
    Dublin football had 7 league games(5 home games!) and all home championship games.

Mayo had 7 league games(4 home games) and 2 home championships games.

Clare had 5 league games(only 3 home games) and all away championships games.

Cork had 5 league games(only 2 home games) and all away championships games.

Clearly Dublin fans are getting a bargain compared to the rest of the country! Maybe the threshold mark for dublin should be the true fans that went to Donegal ;)

ProudDUB wrote: »
    There are far too many people on here with their noses out of joint who feel they are being "looked down" on by those who are being "high and mighty". Stop being so sensitive folks.

No one is looking down on you. All of us here have families and jobs and other commitments that require our time and money. Yet some of us here chose to commit our time and our money to buying a season ticket. Some of us did not. I am one of the former. Does that make me superior to anyone else? No, it doesn't. Does that make me better than anyone else? No, it doesn't, just a better planner maybe. Does that make me a better fan than anyone else? No, it doesn't, just better prepared.

All it means is that I am now sorted for an AI final ticket. An added perk is that I don't have the urge to come on the internet and complain that I can't get a ticket due to some unfair system that picks on people like me & then insult others who are not in the same position as me. A little perspective would go a long way here folks.

The looking down part is the bit in statements like "you'll have these bandwagon hoppers taking tickets from die hard fans"
    Die hard fans will get tickets one way or another, like yourself, and if they dont have tickets after being die hard fans for years, it's their own fault.

I ain't complaining about not getting a ticket, I may get one, just making some very obvious points that there arent that many "die hard hard core fans" in any country and if they were the fans that counties were relying on the GAA would be screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

One major advantage you would have over someone support Mayo is clear to see - the majority of games you went to are in Dublin.

Take someone from Mayo or Clare or anywhere for that fact - if they work in Dublin, it is very hard for them to go to all the match Mayo play as they would be travelling length and breath of the country, so to say "Hey i'm a true fan" cause you went to every game in Croke Park isn't really fair?

Dublin have 3 home games and 4 away games every other year in the league. Then it gets flipped the next year, with 4 home games and 3 away games. That is the same format with every other county in the league. We had an additional home game this year as Kildare's county ground is crap. Other than that, the 3/4 home/away rule applies every year. We have to travel just as much as other counties do. If you aren't going to your counties league games, then you won't meet the GAA's attendance criteria for AI tickets, so where your counties champo games are played and whether or not you go to them is largely irrelevant.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Dublin have 3 home games and 4 away games every other year in the league. Then it gets flipped the next year, with 4 home games and 3 away games. That is the same format with every other county in the league. We had an additional home game this year as Kildare's county ground is crap. Other than that, the 3/4 home/away rule applies every year. We have to travel just as much as other counties do. If you aren't going to your counties league games, then you won't meet the GAA's attendance criteria for AI tickets, so where your counties champo games are played and whether or not you go to them is largely irrelevant.

But you do understand that it is easier for a Dub to go to Dublin games, than it is for a country person living in Dublin, to go to their games, as for them every game is in theory an away game, cost wise etc. The way the season ticket is set up - by your own admission above - you could get an All Ireland ticket - without having set foot outside of Dublin?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    One major advantage you would have over someone support Mayo is clear to see - the majority of games you went to are in Dublin.

Take someone from Mayo or Clare or anywhere for that fact - if they work in Dublin, it is very hard for them to go to all the match Mayo play as they would be travelling length and breath of the country, so to say "Hey i'm a true fan" cause you went to every game in Croke Park isn't really fair?

Dublin have 3 home games and 4 away games every other year in the league. Then it gets flipped the next year, with 4 home games and 3 away games. That is the same format with every other county in the league. We had an additional home game this year as Kildare's county ground is crap. Other than that, the 3/4 home/away rule applies every year. We have to travel just as much as other counties do. If you aren't going to your counties league games, then you won't meet the GAA's attendance criteria for AI tickets, so where your counties champo games are played and whether or not you go to them, is largely irrelevant.

But if you are Dublin based, and you do decide to make a last minute dash for meeting the criteria, all games after the 3rd Round of the qualifiers are played in Croke Park, so country folk based in Dublin shouldn't have any trouble getting to them. The country folk living in the country might, but how do you keep 2 large groups of people living in different places happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

There is numerous mistakes in my attendance record which I have only discovered now which puts me below the 60%. There are 4 matches which I have been to and it says not attending? Is there any way I can prove I was at these matches and would emailing them be the best option?

DH2K9 wrote: »
    There is numerous mistakes in my attendance record which I have only discovered now which puts me below the 60%. There are 4 matches which I have been to and it says not attending? Is there any way I can prove I was at these matches and would emailing them be the best option?

Yes and I would be quite adament dealing with thme - provide them with as much as proof as possible and if possible, make their job easy by putting it beyond doubt you were at those matches.

It's not that the GAA season ticket system is flawless in recording attendances - there was one match I was during the year and it didn't record it (I didn't bother contacting them because it made no difference to my eligibiilty).

Yes and I would be quite adament dealing with thme - provide them with as much as proof as possible and if possible, make their job easy by putting it beyond doubt you were at those matches.

It's not that the GAA season ticket system is flawless in recording attendances - there was one match I was during the year and it didn't record it (I didn't bother contacting them because it made no difference to my eligibiilty).

But if you did tell them, then people like DH2K9 would have a better claim...

• Advertisement
Advertisement