Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But if you did tell them, then people like DH2K9 would have a better claim...

Perhaps. I'm not bothered. It's up to each season ticket holder to ensure their record is up-to-date, which they can do anytime throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Perhaps. I'm not bothered. It's up to each season ticket holder to ensure their record is up-to-date, which they can do anytime throughout the season.

Ye it's completely my fault that I've been putting it off for so long. I am trying frantically to find any of the tickets I still have from those matches and putting together an email to send off this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Ye it's completely my fault that I've been putting it off for so long. I am trying frantically to find any of the tickets I still have from those matches and putting together an email to send off this afternoon.

You should be checking your attendance after each match. They do make mistakes, when you e-mail them they correct it straight away. You might have a problem now as you have left it too late. Let us know how you get on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

There is numerous mistakes in my attendance record which I have only discovered now which puts me below the 60%. There are 4 matches which I have been to and it says not attending? Is there any way I can prove I was at these matches and would emailing them be the best option?

Your in bother I would say, make sure you have the tickets and see, but I am sure there were people who have tried that trick! :D

mayo.mick wrote: »
    You should be checking your attendance after each match. They do make mistakes, when you e-mail them they correct it straight away. You might have a problem now as you have left it too late. Let us know how you get on.

Hopefully the fact I have been a season ticket holder since 2010 and never had a previous problem with attendance will stand in my favour. Also the fact I was actually at the games should help too as I should be able to prove this!

yop wrote: »
    Your in bother I would say, make sure you have the tickets and see, but I am sure there were people who have tried that trick! :D

If I printed off the tickets off my computer will this come up in their system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

It only counts when you scan at the gate on the way in.

For example you could have paid for say the kildare game, printed off the ticket but not gone to the game. This would show up as not attended, even though you paid for the ticket.

The Croke park games have all recorded properly for me, most the issues seem to arise to be at away games.

It only counts when you scan at the gate on the way in.

For example you could have paid for say the kildare game, printed off the ticket but not gone to the game. This would show up as not attended, even though you paid for the ticket.

The Croke park games have all recorded properly for me, most the issues seem to arise to be at away games.

The thing is the tickets were beeped so I don't understand how they were not recorded? I thought if I can prove I printed off the tickets the chances are I went to the game. Also the fact I din't use the opt out so there was no reason why I wouldn't use the tickets after paying for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a few tickets showing up on eBay and done deal for the hurling final Sunday. The cheapest I saw where on done deal from a Galway seller 125 euros each 4x tickets available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 healy91

I have 2 all ireland football tickets and am looking to swap them for 2 hurling tickets...im from cork..anyone interested?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not the fact that you printed them its unlikely, they will have a record of when you logged in though.
    Listen I have always found them very sound, so give them a buzz and see.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    a few tickets showing up on eBay and done deal for the hurling final Sunday. The cheapest I saw where on done deal from a Galway seller 125 euros each 4x tickets available

Is that legal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Is that legal?

I don't think it's illegal but I do know Croke Park are keeping a close eye on all these tickets and cancelling any of them that they can (some of the less experienced/more stupid sellers are throwing up pictures of tickets with full barcode to be seen).

Not the fact that you printed them its unlikely, they will have a record of when you logged in though.
    Listen I have always found them very sound, so give them a buzz and see.

I sent an email because in their terms and conditions they say any attendance querys should be dealt with by email. It's sent now so I'm hopeful. At the end of the day they would like as many season ticket holders there as possible surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just out of curiosity, are all season holders always up in the upper tiers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

Just out of curiosity, are all season holders always up in the upper tiers?

No, the opposite.Always in lower tier Cusack Stand in Croke Park. Usually s.305, but can be s.304 and s.306 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

No, the opposite.Always in lower tier Cusack Stand in Croke Park. Usually s.305, but can be s.304 and s.306 also.
    Dublin season tickets can be in the Upper Cusack or Lower Cusack due to the number sold.

The upper tickets were sold as such, the lower are the first batch sold and renewals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I sent an email because in their terms and conditions they say any attendance querys should be dealt with by email. It's sent now so I'm hopeful. At the end of the day they would like as many season ticket holders there as possible surely?

They are very helpful at the season ticket office. The only thing that I would be fearful for you is that you left it too late. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lynda3000

Hoping to get two tickets. anyone any ideas where to try and stick my neck out and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I think you should get to do some more research on the season ticket before you decide not to buy it again. You seem to think that you have to pay for tickets to championship games that you do not attend. You don't. The season ticket gets you into all of your counties league games (both home & away) and your first championship game for free. So it has already paid for itself long before your counties second game.

From then on, you only pay for games that you actually go to. If you can't attend or don't want to go to a game, you don't have to pay for a ticket to it. If you drop below the criteria for games attended, then you lose out on your shot at an AI final ticket, but if you aren't going to games for whatever reason, you don't have to pay for tickets to them.

Just wondering about this point, according to the GAA website, after the first game of the championship 'Pay and Play' kicks in and you are automatically charged in advance of every subsequent match that your county plays in the the GAA Senior Championships whether you attend or not. Could any season holders clarify which it is? Obviously too late for this year but will definitely consider getting one next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

But you do understand that it is easier for a Dub to go to Dublin games, than it is for a country person living in Dublin, to go to their games, as for them every game is in theory an away game, cost wise etc. The way the season ticket is set up - by your own admission above - you could get an All Ireland ticket - without having set foot outside of Dublin?

No I couldn't, not every year. This year was an exception. This year, we had 5 league games in Croke Park. It should only have been 4, but our away game against Kildare was moved from Newbridge to Croke Park for Health & Safety reasons.

Last year, we had 4 away games in Down, Mayo, Cork and Laois. I was at all of them, so if we made it to the AI final, I would have qualified for an AI ticket. If I didn't, I wouldn't have. The champo matches that I went to in Croke Park would not have met the % of games attended to meet the criteria whereby you are guaranteed an AI final ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Could any season holders clarify which it is?

You must pay for each game, however you can opt out of one game.

You can also cancel the season ticket at any stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭Trampas

But you do understand that it is easier for a Dub to go to Dublin games, than it is for a country person living in Dublin, to go to their games, as for them every game is in theory an away game, cost wise etc. The way the season ticket is set up - by your own admission above - you could get an All Ireland ticket - without having set foot outside of Dublin?

What about the Dublin fans who don't live in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Trampas wrote: »
    What about the Dublin fans who don't live in Dublin?

All 4 of them?
    ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Just wondering about this point, according to the GAA website, after the first game of the championship 'Pay and Play' kicks in and you are automatically charged in advance of every subsequent match that your county plays in the the GAA Senior Championships whether you attend or not. Could any season holders clarify which it is? Obviously too late for this year but will definitely consider getting one next year.

That's correct, you are charged for each and every game. Except for one opt out championship game each season. You can change your payment details to incorrect ones, then you don't get charged of course.

No I couldn't, not every year. This year was an exception. This year, we had 5 league games in Croke Park. It should only have been 4, but our away game against Kildare was moved from Newbridge to Croke Park for Health & Safety reasons.

Last year, we had 4 away games in Down, Mayo, Cork and Laois. I was at all of them, so if we made it to the AI final, I would have qualified for an AI ticket. If I didn't, I wouldn't have. The champo matches that I went to in Croke Park would not have met the % of games attended to meet the criteria whereby you are guaranteed an AI final ticket.

Let me get this right, your saying last year Dublin had 4 away games, and 3 at home? They then had 3 games leading to Leinster Final and then the Quarter Final/Semi Final game. so that would be 12 games in total - yea? so over 70% of the games would be played in Croke Park, and therefore you would not have to leave Dublin to be guaranteed a ticket.

Compare that to a country team, they will not be playing 70% of their games in the same county.

For Mayo only 2 championship games where in Mayo.

My point stands, it is way easier for a Dub to go to matches and hence qualify for an All Ireland Ticket then it is for a Mayo person or any country team.

kippy wrote: »
    All 4 of them?

Yes, a mere 4 Dublin fans bought homes in Gorey and Newbridge and Drogheda and Navan and Arklow during the boom years, because they couldn't afford to buy houses in the capital. The rest of them all bought penthouse apartments on O'Connell St. Those hordes of lucky Dubs just roll out of the scratcher 30 minutes before throw in at Croker, and still have time to make the game and have a pint along the way. All those new housing estates that you see, as you drive into Dublin on the M4 and the M7, who exactly do you think is living in them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Bluetonic wrote: »
    You must pay for each game, however you can opt out of one game.

You can also cancel the season ticket at any stage.
    copacetic wrote: »
    That's correct, you are charged for each and every game. Except for one opt out championship game each season. You can change your payment details to incorrect ones, then you don't get charged of course.

Thanks, that's what I thought but a previous post said different so I thought I'd check. Good luck to everyone in their ticket search!

Yes, a mere 4 Dublin fans bought homes in Gorey and Newbridge and Drogheda and Navan and Arklow during the boom years, because they couldn't afford to buy houses in the capital. The rest of them all bought penthouse apartments on O'Connell St. Those hordes of lucky Dubs just roll out of the scratcher 30 minutes before throw in at Croker, and still have time to make the game and have a pint along the way. All those new housing estates that you see, as you drive into Dublin on the M4 and the M7, who exactly do you think is living in them? :rolleyes:

Ah of course, the lads that live within an asses roar of the city (in comparison to say, the Kerry lads......)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

kippy wrote: »
    Ah of course, the lads that live within an asses roar of the city (in comparison to say, the Kerry lads......)

there are tone's of dub's down here in west clare bud trust me;) there not that scarce

• Advertisement

there are tone's of dub's down here in west clare bud trust me;) there not that scarce

Yeah, and they all go to Croker to watch the county team.

Ok, let's blow up Croke Park and build a 500,000 seater stadium some where in the middle. (I hear Mullingar is lovely this time of year. Borris on Ossory, not so much. :rolleyes: ) Then we can have it enshrined in the Constitution that no GAA fan should ever have to travel more than 2 hrs to attend a match. There. All sorted. Is everyone happy now? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Ok, let's blow up Croke Park and build a 500,000 seater stadium some where in the middle. (I hear Mullingar is lovely this time of year. Borris on Ossory, not so much. :rolleyes: ) Then we can have it enshrined in the Constitution that no GAA fan should ever have to travel more than 2 hrs to attend a match. There. All sorted. Is everyone happy now? :)

ah...... i dont know...... mullingar can be a bit of a bottle neck..... espicaly if they get a full house!!

no cause I live 10 mins from Croke Park :):D

The guy who put up the screenshot (maybe you doesn't matter either way) - would have looked a lot better had the games not being at Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Dublin season tickets can be in the Upper Cusack or Lower Cusack due to the number sold.

The upper tickets were sold as such, the lower are the first batch sold and renewals.
    Anybody got any idea how many Dublin season ticket holders there are?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

And Dublin played their 3 home league games in Croke Park last year , along with all 5 championship games against Louth, Wexford, Laois, Meath and Mayo in Croke Park. That is 12 games in total . As per GAA season ticket site, you only would have had to attend 7 games between league and championship to qualify for All Ireland tickets, so you could have missed 5 . So you, and any other Dub with a season ticket last year, could have missed all the 4 away league matches as well as one other game in your own home town Park and still qualified for a final ticket had Dublin got there. No season ticket holder from any other county would have had such a luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cizdennehy

Ive 2 stand tickets - upper cusack and upper davin. Would ideally swap for 2 hill tickets but would also take 2 nally tickets. Can drive to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

if anyone can help me get 2 tickets I would be eternally grateful! want to bring my father to the game - we have been to all the others but just having no luck this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

SWAP WANTED HURLING TICKETS.

I HAVE 2 X NALLY TERRACE TICKETS FOR SUNDAYS HURLING FINAL.

WANT TO SWAP FOR STAND or HILL 16 AND PAY THE DIFFERENCE FOR STAND..

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jofla1014

I have 2 premium tickets for the football final and want to swap them for 2 central premium tickets for the hurling if anyone is interested. Swaps only please - not interested in selling them.

i have the hurling tickets - any interest?

Caps mean shouting, do you need to shout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

jofla1014 wrote: »

I would be interested in buying these thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If selling the tickets i will buy them off you.

no purely on a swap basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Sorry, stuck another post up here since to say they're swapped. If you want to sell them I'd be interested alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody got any idea how many Dublin season ticket holders there are?

Approx 14'000 I believe. Bigger than the capacity of Parnell. A lot of lads I know were moved to the Upper tier on the season ticket as the lower tier were sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

lynda3000 wrote: »
    Hoping to get two tickets. anyone any ideas where to try and stick my neck out and ask?

:rolleyes: Welcome to boards. Perfect timing. In answer to your question, buy a season ticket, go to the games, and don't just appear when the team is winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Welcome to boards. Perfect timing. In answer to your question, buy a season ticket, go to the games, and don't just appear when the team is winning.
    I'm sure if he reads the thread he'll know all about the season ticket. Probably goes without needing to be pointed out again at this late stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Approx 14'000 I believe. Bigger than the capacity of Parnell. A lot of lads I know were moved to the Upper tier on the season ticket as the lower tier were sold out
    is that GAA season ticket only or does it include the Parnell pass too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement