Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Approx 14'000 I believe. Bigger than the capacity of Parnell. A lot of lads I know were moved to the Upper tier on the season ticket as the lower tier were sold out

i hope there isnt 14000 as there are only 2000 tickets allocated for season ticket holders for AI final. Me being one of them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

curraghyid wrote: »
    i hope there isnt 14000 as there are only 2000 tickets allocated for season ticket holders for AI final. Me being one of them:D

Mayo had a 50% increase in season ticket sale last year from 788 to 1300. I thought the Dublin figure was around 2000 and not all those would be entitled as they would not all reach the 60% threshold. The Dublin season ticket sold out fast last year. I think the Spring Series ticket sold very well (from what i heard) but that ended with the league final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Season ticket analysis
    Dublin football had 7 league games(5 home games!) and all home championship games.

On the league we were supposed to have an away vs Kildare but they opted to host it in Croke Park and use the funds to renovate their home ground. That's the same reason why Kildare v Donegal on the 2nd February was played in Croke Park too.
    Maybe the threshold mark for dublin should be the true fans that went to Donegal ;)

270278.png

It was a grand day in Ballybofey, even had the ref stretchered off. My abiding memory has to be the €40 per person we ended up paying for Sunday Dinner in a hotel at the end of the town, that won't happen again.
    Ah...but did you go to Killarney??;)

Hah, I know what you're talking about :pac:
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Take someone from Mayo or Clare or anywhere for that fact - if they work in Dublin, it is very hard for them to go to all the match Mayo play as they would be travelling length and breath of the country, so to say "Hey i'm a true fan" cause you went to every game in Croke Park isn't really fair?

My dad's a season ticket holder and he went to every match I did. The thing is he lives and works in Longford, every game for him is away. I spent a bit of time on the road with the hurlers this year myself, he couldn't because the money doesn't stretch that far. It's a commitment

copacetic wrote: »
    That's correct, you are charged for each and every game. Except for one opt out championship game each season. You can change your payment details to incorrect ones, then you don't get charged of course.

Heh, don't do this. I almost had a season ticket cancelled on me over incorrect payment details after my card number changed. The GAA phoned me and gave me about an hour to fix them up, claiming they mailed me several times before calling; not one email did I receive. Had I been away from a computer or otherwise unable to take that call I would have been raging; make sure your payment details are always right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

If anyone has tickets to either of the finals, I'd be extremely happy to purchase!

Going to be a serious loaves and fishes job this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rockluck

Hi All!

This year is my first year with a season ticket!

just a question to all you season ticket holders (GAA not cairde maigh eo).. how long before the all ireland do the GAA send you the tickets for the final? And Also do they email you with the information about the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭diabeticmum

Have been on to Season ticket office by email this evening and she tells me
    "Season ticket holders for competing counties with a minimum attendance of 60% qualify to purchase an All Ireland Final ticket in that code (Hurling/Football). We will be in contact with season ticket holders soon to advise further"
    Myself and my son have the season ticket but we are trying to get ticket for my mum, she has been to most of the matches on the super value tickets , so if your selling ticket let me know please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

rockluck wrote: »
    Hi All!

This year is my first year with a season ticket!

just a question to all you season ticket holders (GAA not cairde maigh eo).. how long before the all ireland do the GAA send you the tickets for the final? And Also do they email you with the information about the tickets?

Usually the week before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

I have 2 nally tickets for hurling final.
    Want to swap for 2 stand stand tickets with the money difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mayoman0

I have one lower Davin stand all Ireland final ticket that I wish to swap for an all Ireland football ticket as I am a mayo supporter but unable to get a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

caper23 wrote: »
    I have 2 nally tickets for hurling final.
    Want to swap for 2 stand stand tickets with the money difference.

no offense but who in their right mind would swap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Martin567

I'd have to agree. If you happen to be lucky enough to find someone with two spare stand tickets, that's one thing. They may sell you the tickets. But if they're selling two stand tickets, why would they want to buy your two Nally tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

I have two Davin stand tickets for the hurling final that I want to swap for 2 AI Football tickets if any one has football tkts to swap??

Just swap only - they are not for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

Lads no offence but didn't ask for your opinions.asking for 2 pensioners who have been at all matches all their lives.
    There maybe some people willing to swap and get 40 euro per ticket as well and go in with their friends

Hi - I have two hurling final tickets that I want to swap for two All Ireland Football tkts if any one has football tickets

Mine are Davin Stand but will pay the difference if you have stand tickets.

Swap only

Pm me if Interested

Thanks

Rosski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Martin567

Good luck with your search and for the right result in the final.

I don't want to derail your thread but I've often wondered if these hurling/football swaps work. The person looking for the football ticket already has the hurling ticket and so can definitely hold up their half of the bargain. But as the football tickets are not available yet, how can the person wanting the hurling ticket guarantee they will be able to get one for the football in return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Because of the large amount of threads popping up on the forum, we've decided to create a single thread for all queries to do with All Ireland Hurling and Football final tickets.
    Any new threads created will be merged with this one to prevent the forum getting clogged up with these types of threads.

Please read the mod note in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I'm looking for two for the football at face value please, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

looking for 2 tickets for the hurling if anyone can help!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 claregal

Hi All,

I have 2 Davin Stand tickets (seated side by side) and am looking to swap for 1x Cusack Stand ticket (any section - even 301!) - straight swap - genuine reason. PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

PM sent
    claregal wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have 2 Davin Stand tickets (seated side by side) and am looking to swap for 1x Cusack Stand ticket (any section - even 301!) - straight swap - genuine reason. PM if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi All,
    Longshot here,
    Looking for one or two tickets at face value for the All Ireland Football final.
    In the off chance that some kind soul has a few knocking around.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If some kind soul wants to part with two tickets (or one) for the Hurling final I'd be interested in them; not for myself but for some natives of the participating counties :) Tough decision if one comes my way - do I give it to the Cork man or the Clare man? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ill pay anything for two football final tickets! Pay anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Warper wrote: »
    no offense but who in their right mind would swap

Plenty of people. I have done such a swap a number of times, where I had a stand ticket and wanted a terrace. Younger people especially, and people who want to be together for the match as two stand tickets together are much rarer.
    Obviously not as easy the other way around but there should definitely be takers on the day. Nally would make it tougher again but certainly don't give up. I've done plenty of swaps on the day of teh match walking out towards the pitch just calling out what type of swap I wanted, never took more than 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Are you sure? I thought that the standard county allocation is reduced by the number of season ticket holders.
    i.e. the combined county board allocations and season ticket allocation will come in at circa 60k; just like back in the day before season tickets the county board allocation came in at approx 60k for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

2000. That couldnt be rght. Are you clear if you have the 60% for sure? There have to be far more season ticket holders than 2000 who have the 60% attendance

2000. That couldnt be rght. Are you clear if you have the 60% for sure? There have to be far more season ticket holders than 2000 who have the 60% attendance

Sure my county will be playing in the minor hurling final this weekend, and we didn't even get 2,000 tickets.

I presume, like everyone else seemingly, that people will just have to put their names into a hat and hope for the best.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Sure my county will be playing in the minor hurling final this weekend, and we didn't even get 2,000 tickets.

I presume, like everyone else seemingly, that people will just have to put their names into a hat and hope for the best.
    Unless someone who sites on a GAA county board committee or higher comes onto this thread, I'm going to be skeptic of that claim.

Last year there were approx 58k tickets given to county boards and 1.8k given to season ticket holders - up from 800 the year before and 500 the year before that.

Now, what shocks most people is the size of the allocation a competing county gets for the all Ireland. Depending on the number of clubs in a country and the year in question, its generally between 10k - 15k. While this sounds ludicrously small, there is a system in place in the GAA where countries trade ticket allocations.

The allocation for a competing minor team is circa 2k, but you can imagine that that has no knock on effect on the general public as 2k disappears fast amongst 20 families, 20 coaching staff, and the minor officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Looking for one hurling ticket. Can collect in Dublin on Sunday. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 terraces

Looking for 2 or 3 (preference for standing) football tickets, can collect in Dublin.

thanks!

• Advertisement

Unless someone who sites on a GAA county board committee or higher comes onto this thread, I'm going to be skeptic of that claim.

Last year there were approx 58k tickets given to county boards and 1.8k given to season ticket holders - up from 800 the year before and 500 the year before that.

Now, what shocks most people is the size of the allocation a competing county gets for the all Ireland. Depending on the number of clubs in a country and the year in question, its generally between 10k - 15k. While this sounds ludicrously small, there is a system in place in the GAA where countries trade ticket allocations.

The allocation for a competing minor team is circa 2k, but you can imagine that that has no knock on effect on the general public as 2k disappears fast amongst 20 families, 20 coaching staff, and the minor officials.

The first article is quite informative, and is the first running of the Waterford story by the local radio station. It also shows a breakdown of the 2011 allocation.

The second article is confirming the allocation, and actually the county board secretary is claiming that they were satisfied with that allocation, and that people wouldn't be left out. He's actually talking out of his behind, as every club down there has way more demand than supply.

In the breakdown, I also notice that the Ladies Football and Camogie Associations received 270 tickets, and the Irish Sports Council and Health Bodies got another 60 tickets. None of these bodies are within the GAA.

You'll also notice that approx. 13% of tickets are corporate. I know we must pay the bills, but this is should be a day for the supporters.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Waterford/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=199798

http://www.hoganstand.com/Waterford/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=199895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

If anybody has two for the football , I'd be interested in taking them for face value .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

The first article is quite informative, and is the first running of the Waterford story by the local radio station. It also shows a breakdown of the 2011 allocation.
    heres the most up to date published figures which I extracted from the report to congress (link below) - numbers hopefully add up as i had to re-type by hand!
    Just for the record, heres the uptodate distribution for last years final and replay along with the comparible figures for the year previous.

Year 2011 2012 2012 Replay
    OVERALL CAPACITY 82,006 82,006 82,006
    County Allocations 58,401 58,622 60,401
    Provinces 335 355 205
    Overseas 470 472 450
    Ard Chomhairle & Iar Uachtaran 798 798 798
    Camogie 120 120 120
    Ladies Football 150 150 150
    Rounders & Handball 147 147 102
    Sponsors 935 922 884
    Press 254 254 240
    TV & Radio 74 74 74
    Schools & Educational Bodies 2229 2229 1724
    3rd Level 240 240 120
    Croke Park Residents 250 250 250
    Match Officials & National Referees Panel 103 105 78
    Health Bodies & Irish Sports Council 60 60 40
    Match Day / Vertigo / Minor Teams 148 148 148
    Staff & Sub-committees 718 698 378
    Jubilee Teams 68 72 0
    Mini-Sevens 244 244 244
    Term Tickets 4144 4144 4144
    Season Tickets 1884 1374 928
    Number available for distribution 71772 71478 71478
    Premium & Corporate 10528 10528 10528
    Total 82300 82006 82006

Source page 54 here:
    http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/annual_reports/GAA%20Report%202013%20Cuid%20I%20Complete%20(1).pdf
    I've tried to re format it as best I could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 baikilpm

2 hurling final tickets for sale call <snip>

Mod: No contact numbers. PM only.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Updated note in post#1 to remind everyone that no contact details to be posted on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 colm122

I have two cusack tickets for the final that I want to swap for football tiackets

The second article is confirming the allocation, and actually the county board secretary is claiming that they were satisfied with that allocation, and that people wouldn't be left out. He's actually talking out of his behind, as every club down there has way more demand than supply.

In the breakdown, I also notice that the Ladies Football and Camogie Associations received 270 tickets, and the Irish Sports Council and Health Bodies got another 60 tickets. None of these bodies are within the GAA.

You'll also notice that approx. 13% of tickets are corporate. I know we must pay the bills, but this is should be a day for the supporters.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Waterford/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=199798

http://www.hoganstand.com/Waterford/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=199895

Couldn't see any info that contradicted my post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

baikilpm wrote: »

are these tickets still for sale

Couldn't see any info that contradicted my post...

Well have you tried reading it!? The County Board Secretary was discussing the allocation of 2,000 which Waterford received....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Looking for two football tickets if anyone has them spare !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Anyone know when the Schools allocation goes out? I'm hoping to pick one up through that avenue for the football. cheers

Well have you tried reading it!? The County Board Secretary was discussing the allocation of 2,000 which Waterford received....
    Can you actually articulate your point.

Poster1: There's only 2k tickets on the day for season ticket holders

Me: afaik they just come out of the 60k available tickets

you: you'll be lucky if theres 2k season ticket tickets, the minors dont even get that many.

Me: afaik participating minors get 2k + what ever swap deals they have

you: links that show 60k available tickets; and link discussing 2k* allocation.

I am genuinely confused as to what your point is.

*I read "under 2,000" as 1,999 until shown otherwise. If it was 200, they'd say 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clarebuyer

baikilpm wrote: »

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

but1er wrote: »
    Ill pay anything for two football final tickets! Pay anything!

herein lies the problem. ordinary fan gets shafted by this.

Looking for one single all ireland anywhere. based in engerland since the tuesday after the tyrone match so seriously hampered in terms of looking for one. all help appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

if anyone could sort me out with two hill tickets for the hurling it would be greatly appreciated

one even if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Just one ticket would be enough for me :-) please PM, will take anything in the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KatharineC

Hi everybody, I have 2 hurling final tickets that I'm looking to swop for all football final, if anyone is interested please pm me! Thanks:) ps they are for Cusack

I have two tickets in hand for hurling (Davin Stand) but want to swap for football - can anyone get there hands on 2 football tkts & we can swap ?

Pm me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Looks like it'll be easy enough to get tickets Sunday morning so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Hey need to know asap
    if the upper Hogan stand is suitable for people in their seventies.. up near the back?

Advertisement