Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Hey need to know asap
    if the upper Hogan stand is suitable for people in their seventies.. up near the back?

Depends on their eye sight. I think the upper tier has has a grand view but I'm not in my 70s either. Z is the last row, A is right at the front. The front has a very good view, better then being at the back of the lower tier in my opinion.

If it's just access wise, you should be able to use the lift if you explain to the stewards, so there will be very little stair climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Depends on their eye sight. I think the upper tier has has a grand view but I'm not in my 70s either. Z is the last row, A is right at the front. The front has a very good view, better then being at the back of the lower tier in my opinion.

If it's just access wise, you should be able to use the lift if you explain to the stewards, so there will be very little stair climbing.

Thanks very much for your reply.. I thinking more is it safe for them as in dizziness wise .. more than the life.. I heard the steps up are very dangerous and they don't always allow people to use the lift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Have two Nally terrace, looking to swap for 2 Hill 16

Thanks very much for your reply.. I thinking more is it safe for them as in dizziness wise .. more than the life.. I heard the steps up are very dangerous and they don't always allow people to use the lift?

I wouldn't say the steps are dangerous myself. Use of the lift might depend on how busy the ground is so it could be a good idea to try and get there a good bit before throw in. There wouldn't be too many stairs anyway, even if you can't use the lift. The tunnels going out into the upper tier come out half, or maybe even 3/4 of the way back, so the closer you are to the back the less steps there would be. There's ramps that allow you to walk from the lower to the upper tier too.

I don't think you would get dizzy but if there is a genuine dizziness issue like vertigo etc, the GAA usually have a place inside the stadium after you've gone through the turnstiles where you can swap your ticket for one on the lower tier. Keep in mind that there would only be a limited amount of these tickets, they wouldn't be in the best place viewing wise and it could be tricky to get two seats beside each other. Could be a good idea to ring them and confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Connorzee wrote: »
    Have two Nally terrace, looking to swap for 2 Hill 16

why you probley have a better chance of getting a good view in the nally if you get in early around the firist half in the minor game.

plus you will have less people pushing and shoving behind the goal at your side of the barrier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

Looking for 1/2 Hurling tickets if anyone is selling!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Bigsliothar

Looking for 2 tickets for hurling final any area can collect thx

why you probley have a better chance of getting a good view in the nally if you get in early around the firist half in the minor game.

plus you will have less people pushing and shoving behind the goal at your side of the barrier!

Trying to keep everyone together for getting out after, 5 of us in the hill, 2 others with Nally tickets.

Trying to keep everyone together for getting out after, 5 of us in the hill, 2 others with Nally tickets.

ok sorry i taught it was an issue with viewing more then anything else!!

ok sorry i taught it was an issue with viewing more then anything else!!

If only! I had myself a nice cusack ticket but found out i'd be on my own up there so swapped it for two Hills! :(

• Advertisement

Hi
    Just read on the internet that they have "vertigo seats" for people that suffer from vertigo on the upper tiers. They cant be used be people that simply want a better view as apparently they are the worst seats in the house but does anyone know if this is true. I really need to sort this out for my grandparents as one definitely cant go up high. I rang croke park and they cant comment!

Hi
    Just read on the internet that they have "vertigo seats" for people that suffer from vertigo on the upper tiers. They cant be used be people that simply want a better view as apparently they are the worst seats in the house but does anyone know if this is true. I really need to sort this out for my grandparents as one definitely cant go up high. I rang croke park and they cant comment!

Thats correct, only saw it myself a few weeks ago when i saw the allocation of tickets for the 2012 final. 148 tickets between Vertigo and the Minor teams allocation. Never heard of anyone using them though.

1695100.png?351

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Hi

Yeah - at the front of the Cusack afaik. If they approach a steward in their stand beforehand, they will be sorted out. I have never had to use them but they are defo put aside for the odd case of vertigo.

Just on the off chance. do any fit young people want to swap halfway line seats on the upper stand for lower seats somewhere?

Thats correct, only saw it myself a few weeks ago when i saw the allocation of tickets for the 2012 final. 148 tickets between Vertigo and the Minor teams allocation. Never heard of anyone using them though.

1695100.png?351
    Does anyone know if you can pre-book it or just turn up on the day?
    Thanks very much for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Anyone have any tickets for the Hill on Sunday and want to swap for a stand ticket???

Does anyone know if you can pre-book it or just turn up on the day?
    Thanks very much for your reply

Turn up on the day only. There is one at the GAA museum in the Cusack stand, don't know where/if there in one at the Hogan.

Turn up on the day only. There is one at the GAA museum in the Cusack stand, don't know where/if there in one at the Hogan.
    Thanks a million that's great.. do you if theyd let the two of them go together or would they have to go on their own ?

Thanks a million that's great.. do you if theyd let the two of them go together or would they have to go on their own ?

I don't really. I think it's just the luck of the draw if they have 2 together. Getting there as early as possible would be a big help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macusker

Hi, I have a ticket for Dineen Hill 16 will swap for Nally terrace ticket.

• Advertisement

If only! I had myself a nice cusack ticket but found out i'd be on my own up there so swapped it for two Hills! :(

was in the hill behind the goal up near the back of the terrace the last day for the game against limerick and the view was perfact although i was in at the early stages of the minor game. the later you leave it the worse the view.

there normaly better craic in the terrace anyway although i prefer to sit down aswell myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Macusker wrote: »
    Hi, I have a ticket for Dineen Hill 16 will swap for Nally terrace ticket.

Just sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cilles man

I have two hurling tickets for Sundays final (davitt stand upper)would be willing to swap for 2 football final tickets for all Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

This trend is just for swaps! Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 17 086111

wel! any1 up for swapping a nally and hill 16 ticket?

but1er wrote: »
    This trend is just for swaps! Grr

i think its very annoying , cork have so many more clubs then clare to do these deals ,it underlines the problem of clubs up the country with no involvment getting tickets its crazy realy ,

im sure people in cork would bein agreement with me on that if the 5000 or so tickets sent around ireland to clubs with no involvment was stoped and 2500 given to both counties instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jonaldinho

Looking for one hill or nally ticket for Sunday. Would massively appreciate it. Pm if anyone knows of anything.

Do people think that there will be tickets to be got around the place on Sunday?? And where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

Anyone have two football tickets ??

I have 2 hurling Tickets for Davin stand I want to swap for football tickets. Surely there's a few football tkts in Clare or Cork??

Pm me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭toffeeshel

Hi

The vertigo seats are 1st row davin. Not great as they are behind the netting. I would advise going early to sort this out. You need to go to a desk near the museum and let them know your vertigo problem. I don't think that they would separate an elderly couple and will let them sit together. My wife had a problem with sitting in the upper and they were really good about it and well used to dealing with it.

toffeeshel wrote: »
    The vertigo seats are 1st row davin. Not great as they are behind the netting. I would advise going early to sort this out. You need to go to a desk near the museum and let them know your vertigo problem. I don't think that they would separate an elderly couple and will let them sit together. My wife had a problem with sitting in the upper and they were really good about it and well used to dealing with it.
    Oh great thanks for your answer....
    so just to clarify did ye go to yere seats first or stand first and then go to a steward there or just head straight for the davin stand and did ye both get to sit together?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Has anyone any idea what time in the day the final is going to be at, thanks?

Farmlife wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea what time in the day the final is going to be at, thanks?

half 3

Oh great thanks for your answer....
    so just to clarify did ye go to yere seats first or stand first and then go to a steward there or just head straight for the davin stand and did ye both get to sit together?

There were 4 of us 2 adults 2 kids. Went to seats 1st but probably didn't need to. 1 of kids wasn't too good on heights either so sat with my wife in lower while I sat in upper with my son

toffeeshel wrote: »
    There were 4 of us 2 adults 2 kids. Went to seats 1st but probably didn't need to. 1 of kids wasn't too good on heights either so sat with my wife in lower while I sat in upper with my son

thanks a mill.

• Advertisement

anyone want to swap two upper tier halfway line for lower davin or lower anything ?

Does anyone wanna swap upper level hogan mid way- for lower level anywhere for elderly couple !

Does anyone wanna swap upper level hogan mid way- for lower level anywhere for elderly couple !
    Sorry didn't realise I wrote it twice

Don't if I'm allowed to link another site but you should try swapping on http://www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 claregirl01

Does anyone want to swap a Hill 16 ticket for a Nally Stand? Go on, you will have a better view in the Nally Stand!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know which is better (or worse) davin stand or cusack stand corner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

might be able to help you but cant be sure until 9pm tomorrow as that's when ill collect my tickets from the local club.

Does anyone know which is better (or worse) davin stand or cusack stand corner ?

Personal preference, I'd take the Cusack. There's very few terrible seats in Croke Park. Either of those wouldn't be particularly good but they're not bad either. Davin would be behind the goal and some sections could have the net blocking the view. Also, keep in mind that some Cusack "bend" tickets are actually beyond the bend and really in the Davin. A deciding factor could be if they're covered (generally row EE back) or not.

Personal preference, I'd take the Cusack. There's very few terrible seats in Croke Park. Either of those wouldn't be particularly good but they're not bad either. Davin would be behind the goal and some sections could have the net blocking the view. Also, keep in mind that some Cusack "bend" tickets are actually beyond the bend and really in the Davin. A deciding factor could be if they're covered (generally row EE back) or not.

Thanks a mill. The Davin ones are actually not behind the goal but more in the middle between the goal and the bend.. so I suppose there would be a view of whole pitch.. probably a better view from corner cusack but for only some of the pitch?

Thanks a mill. The Davin ones are actually not behind the goal but more in the middle between the goal and the bend.. so I suppose there would be a view of whole pitch.. probably a better view from corner cusack but for only some of the pitch?

Have a look at this, it might help you decide:

http://www.crokepark.ie/About/Seating-Plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

For those true supporters looking for an AI final ticket you can get them if you purchase the Parnell Pass; €120 for the pass and €40 for the terrace ticket. The pass will also entitle you to all hurling/football home league fixtures (7 matches) in 2014 which at Adult prices are €10 a pop so you won't be losing anything.

There are only a few left so grab them before they're snapped up. You need to turn up to the Dorset St Ticket Office on Tuesday, 17th September at 10am to get your AI Final ticket; unlike the Season Ticket they won't be posted out to you so be sure to show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 terraces

For those true supporters looking for an AI final ticket you can get them if you purchase the Parnell Pass; €120 for the pass and €40 for the terrace ticket. The pass will also entitle you to all hurling/football home league fixtures (7 matches) in 2014 which at Adult prices are €10 a pop so you won't be losing anything.

There are only a few left so grab them before they're snapped up. You need to turn up to the Dorset St Ticket Office on Tuesday, 17th September at 10am to get your AI Final ticket; unlike the Season Ticket they won't be posted out to you so be sure to show up!

Can we buy the pass at the same time or it must be bought before? Do you know how much pass / tickets are still available?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

terraces wrote: »
    Can we buy the pass at the same time or it must be bought before? Do you know how much pass / tickets are still available?

Thanks!

The DCB don't release the numbers on how many of them are left. It could be just a handful, or it could be several dozen. There is no way of knowing. I fully expect them to be all sold out long before the week leading up to the final. If you leave it until then to get your hands on one, odds are it will be too late and they'll be sold out.

Just a slight correction to Touching Viruses most excellent post about the PP, you don't have to be at the ticket office on Tuesday the 17th to collect your tickets. You can pick them up any day that week. The 17th is just the first date that you can do so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

So anyone wanna swap 2 stand for 2 nally.
    Or 1 nally and 1hill 16 for 2 stand together???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Judging by this thread it looks like the usual scenario - plenty of hurling tickets will be floating around on the day. The football will be an even bigger nightmare than usual this year though.

In terms of season tickets, those sourced through the GAA season ticket scheme will not come from counties' allocations but those sourced through the Cairde Maigheo and Parnell Pass (should really just be renamed the Croke Pass at this stage) schemes - therefore most season ticket holders - will be from the county allocations.

The ticket breakdown posted earlier on the thread seems fine on the face of it but the problem I have is that so many of the 58,000 county allocation tickets go to counties that are not playing on the day. Hurling tickets going to Mayo and football tickets going to Clare leads to everyone getting the wrong tickets and then coming on here to swap them - but usually ending up just selling them on. This nonsense of every club in the country getting AI tickets should stop and they should be re-routed to the competing counties without private swaps needing to be organised separately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement