Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

looking for 2 tickets anywhere in Croker on Sunday - any help appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Anyone got their paws on an actual ticket for the football yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

The ticket breakdown posted earlier on the thread seems fine on the face of it but the problem I have is that so many of the 58,000 county allocation tickets go to counties that are not playing on the day. Hurling tickets going to Mayo and football tickets going to Clare leads to everyone getting the wrong tickets and then coming on here to swap them - but usually ending up just selling them on. This nonsense of every club in the country getting AI tickets should stop and they should be re-routed to the competing counties without private swaps needing to be organised separately.

I don't normally comment on these threads but this is absolute rubbish.

All Ireland final day is a very special day and is the pinnacle of what is normally a fantastic season of hurling and football. As such why should only the participating counties have an opportunity to go to the matches ?

There is nothing like the buzz of anticipation as you approach Pairc an Chrocaigh, listening to the murmur of the crowd as you come up through the stands and then the spectacle when you come out into the stadium to take your seat.

It's fantastic that clubs all over the country have an opportunity to get tickets for the true GAA supporters - the ones who would probably go to any match just because it was on and weren't one of the 'johnny come lately's' who turn up on All-Ireland final day.

I've been to many finals over the years (whether Galway were participating or not) and it is always an amazing day. Some of the best matches are the ones where you don't have a direct connection with the action on the pitch and you can soak it all up.

So I say - let the GAA continue to reward clubs all over the country with a ticket allocation and let the true supporters buy their season ticket which will guarantee them a ticket to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 086111

any1 wanna swap nally tickets for hill tickets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Looking for 1 hurling ticket for a friend who is a massive hurling supporter, this guy goes to all county, league and big matches, he's a stalwart supporter and his name never came out of the hat this year and it would be massive tough luck on him to miss the final. The man breathes eats and lives GAA and is a fanatic supporter. Any help getting a ticket for the Hurling would be super, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Two of my friends who have been to every other game on a mad hunt for tickets to the hurling, any help would be really appreciated!! Hill tickets preferred but any ticket will be snapped up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Judging by this thread it looks like the usual scenario - plenty of hurling tickets will be floating around on the day. The football will be an even bigger nightmare than usual this year though.

In terms of season tickets, those sourced through the GAA season ticket scheme will not come from counties' allocations but those sourced through the Cairde Maigheo and Parnell Pass (should really just be renamed the Croke Pass at this stage) schemes - therefore most season ticket holders - will be from the county allocations.

The ticket breakdown posted earlier on the thread seems fine on the face of it but the problem I have is that so many of the 58,000 county allocation tickets go to counties that are not playing on the day. Hurling tickets going to Mayo and football tickets going to Clare leads to everyone getting the wrong tickets and then coming on here to swap them - but usually ending up just selling them on. This nonsense of every club in the country getting AI tickets should stop and they should be re-routed to the competing counties without private swaps needing to be organised separately.

Lets call a spade a spade. I went to a league match this year and there were 400 fans. First Round of the championship gots 13k supporters, hurling and football double bill 25k.

Provincial finals generally attract 50k tops.
    The all Ireland final is a day fair weather fans come out in their droves - I honestly believe there are GAA loving neutrals with more right to be there than 20,000 of the people who will be there from participating counties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Lets call a spade a spade. I went to a league match this year and there were 400 fans. First Round of the championship gots 13k supporters, hurling and football double bill 25k.

The all Ireland final is a day fair weather fans come out in their droves - I honestly believe I have more right to be there as a GAA loving neutral than 20,000 of the people who will be there.
    +1

does a clueless event junkie from a competing county deserve admission to the football or hurling final more than a GAA mad person from places like Leitrim or Longford who realistically will never see their team in an all ireland final but are out in the miserable February and March weather watching div4 national league games?

Some really genuine fans will probably miss out on tickets, but the issuing of tickets to folks who havent been to many games all year in participating counties is as much the source of ticket scarcity as is giving tickets to GAA stalwarts across Ireland (and the world).
    At least the latter are doing something to promote and further the GAA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Big Back Clock

Hi all,
    I have 2 premium level tickets for the hurling for Sundays final and I'm looking to swap for 2 premium for the all Ireland football final. The seats are section 533(basically centre field) brilliant view.
    Give me a shout back if your interested in a swap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The all Ireland final is a day fair weather fans come out in their droves - I honestly believe there are GAA loving neutrals with more right to be there than 20,000 of the people who will be there from participating counties

These are the great spectacles and occasions which open peoples eyes to the sport and the enjoyment it can bring, When it gets to the Final stage it is about more than the hurling and the football, its about the community and the celebration of achievement.
    There will never be enough tickets (for the football especially) to satisfy the demand; and a lot of genuine fans will be left outside the gates unfortunately, however we should not begrudge anyone who is in there to genuinely support their team a ticket; If they have been on the terraces for the first round of the league or not. these games are the finest showcases for building the league and the club crowds of the future. it should in no way be a closed shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FutureJD

I have a stand ticket, Upper Cusack stand for Clare v Cork.

Want to swap for a Hill 16 ticket.

I'm not bothered about about the price difference! PM for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

ifah wrote: »
    I don't normally comment on these threads but this is absolute rubbish.

All Ireland final day is a very special day and is the pinnacle of what is normally a fantastic season of hurling and football. As such why should only the participating counties have an opportunity to go to the matches ?

There is nothing like the buzz of anticipation as you approach Pairc an Chrocaigh, listening to the murmur of the crowd as you come up through the stands and then the spectacle when you come out into the stadium to take your seat.

It's fantastic that clubs all over the country have an opportunity to get tickets for the true GAA supporters - the ones who would probably go to any match just because it was on and weren't one of the 'johnny come lately's' who turn up on All-Ireland final day.

I've been to many finals over the years (whether Galway were participating or not) and it is always an amazing day. Some of the best matches are the ones where you don't have a direct connection with the action on the pitch and you can soak it all up.

So I say - let the GAA continue to reward clubs all over the country with a ticket allocation and let the true supporters buy their season ticket which will guarantee them a ticket to the final.

I couldn't agree less with you. If Mayo are not in the final I would have no interest whatsoever in being there and would feel I was taking a ticket from a supporter of one of the teams. Aside from anything else it takes away from the atmosphere as neutral supporters often just sit there, contribute nothing to the atmosphere and just take it all in instead. It's actually a pretty selfish act as somebody who supports one of the teams is left gutted at home or in a bar somewhere - not having a ticket because of you. This isn't Electric Picnic, its an All Ireland Final - leave it to the counties involved and attend when your own team is playing - particularly if you are from a county like Galway which would regularly appear in finals when you take into account football, hurling, minor and senior.

If you take into account the number of Dublin and Mayo supporters at the two semis it already exceeds the capacity of the stadium for the final even before day trippers from other counties are taken into account - so there won't be much room for bandwagon jumpers from the two counties either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip> its an All Ireland Final - leave it to the counties involved and attend when your own team is playing <snip>.
    fair enough,
    seeing as I now should wait till my county is in the final before being allowed to attend, when shall I expect to see Cavan in the final ?
    Or my GAA mad neighbours from Leitrim and Longford? Will even an infant from there EVER be entitled to attend an all ireland final on your criteria?

fair enough,
    seeing as I now should wait till my county is in the final before being allowed to attend, when shall I expect to see Cavan in the final ?
    Or my GAA mad neighbours from Leitrim and Longford? Will even an infant from there EVER be entitled to attend an all ireland final on your criteria?

Actually I think Cavan could come good in the next few years - Donegal, Cork, Kerry and Tyrone are all fading so there's a chance for other teams to step up - but to answer your point there have been years when ticket demand isn't as high so I can't imagine anyone would never get to a final if they really wanted to. In particular, hurling tickets are often regularly available on the day. Also, I'm not suggesting that every ticket goes to the competing counties - just that the balance needs to be adjusted with the competing counties getting a greater share of the tickets. The percentage of tickets going to the playing counties is stupidly low at the moment compared to the capacity of the stadium - we all know that swap agreements between clubs are in place but if the allocation was better balanced they wouldn't need to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hope the football supporters are willing to travel to sell their tickets. I don't think the demand equals supply for swaps.

• Advertisement

I couldn't agree less with you. If Mayo are not in the final I would have no interest whatsoever in being there and would feel I was taking a ticket from a supporter of one of the teams. Aside from anything else it takes away from the atmosphere as neutral supporters often just sit there, contribute nothing to the atmosphere and just take it all in instead. It's actually a pretty selfish act as somebody who supports one of the teams is left gutted at home or in a bar somewhere - not having a ticket because of you. This isn't Electric Picnic, its an All Ireland Final - leave it to the counties involved and attend when your own team is playing - particularly if you are from a county like Galway which would regularly appear in finals when you take into account football, hurling, minor and senior.

If you take into account the number of Dublin and Mayo supporters at the two semis it already exceeds the capacity of the stadium for the final even before day trippers from other counties are taken into account - so there won't be much room for bandwagon jumpers from the two counties either.

Your opinion but I don't think you will find many true GAA supporters agreeing with you.

As a teenager and when I was in my early 20's we (myself and some mates) used to head down to Munster Final day, go to All Ireland Club finals, go to club matches when our club weren't playing, attend schools & FitzGibbon / Sigerson matches etc.

I've been going to Croke Park for the past 37 years, my parents haven't missed All Ireland final (hurling/football) day since the 1960's.

I presume we had no right to go to any of those matches because we didn't contribute to the atmosphere ! :rolleyes:

Granted I don't attend as many matches (especially Galway home matches) now but there are reasons for that - I live in Dublin & coach underage teams so we have matches most times when Galway are playing.

So I think GAA supporters from all counties have the right to go and enjoy the pinnacle of the GAA sporting calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Right now hurling supports are happy to travel to collect but time will run out for the swapping folks and Hurling supports will have made arrangements to stay home and watch the game local.
    I can see inflated prices now and tickets been sold face value and below come Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

i have 2 nally

want swap for 2 stand together with money differnce

or will consider swapping 1 or 2 nally for 1 or 2 hill

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Immoschu

I have one nally ticket and I'm looking for a hill ticket in exchange. If anyone's interested please get in contact and we'll see if we can work something out. Located in Clare can travel if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fountain8

Hi All, just wondering, I have a ticket for Upper Cusack stand section 701 row U.. is Row U in the front, I also have one for Section 702 row W . I was told row U is the front row upper Cusack, can anyone tell me which is the better ticket? I know we're lucky to have them! I'm normally in the hill or Davin never in upper Cusack before. I'm a short ass so if row U is in the front then I would go with that one. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 zanajak

The upper deck starts with A at the front and finishes with row Z. Section 701 is right beside the hill 16 side so if I had the choice of ticket then I would go for 702 (closer to the centre, which is 706). If you are trying to get rid of the other ticket then you would have one willing buyer right here :p

Thanks Zanajak, I was told Row U had no people in front so i was going to chance that one lol.. im sorry both are in use. I hope you get one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Bandwagon Cork jumper here would love to save myself the hassle of wandering pubs on Sunday to secure a tickets usually just got them in the ticket office all year.

Anyway PM me if any of ye have a pair of tickets going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Can anyone guarantee a football ticket in return for a hurling ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is better for a neutral who goes to matches the whole year to get a ticket, than a person from a competing county that wants to go to their first match of the year in September. There will be people there on Sunday who didn't even know their county was in the semi-final until they overheard the result. The first GAA matches of the year are in January, not September, as some "supporters" demanding their God-given right to a ticket because they are from a competing county seem to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭fire_man

I have two all ireland hurling tickets for someone but i need to be promised two football tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Still looking for 2 if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Have been over for a good few Dublin games from the US this year and going to come over for the final if I can get a ticket. Anyone know from experience if I order a parnell pass today would it arrive before September 17? Like how many days has it been taking? Have a friend in Dublin willing to order and collect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I know of a few people who bought them online on Sunday and Monday and they arrived in the post today. You'd want to have a Dublin address (or at least an Irish one) to have them sent to, if you want it to arrive that soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭toffeeshel

Have been over for a good few Dublin games from the US this year and going to come over for the final if I can get a ticket. Anyone know from experience if I order a parnell pass today would it arrive before September 17? Like how many days has it been taking? Have a friend in Dublin willing to order and collect for me.

Thread here
    http://www.reservoirdubs.com/forum/index.php/topic,16052.0.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Bigsliothar

Still looking for two hurling tickets if anyone can help out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I know of a few people who bought them online on Sunday and Monday and they arrived in the post today. You'd want to have a Dublin address (or at least an Irish one) to have them sent to, if you want it to arrive that soon though.

Great thanks. It would be going to a Dublin address alright. I'll give the go ahead so.

Still looking for two hurling tickets if anyone can help out!!

I can get hurling tickets but only for a football swap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

seems to be a few tickets showing up on gumtree but every number i ring goes to voicemail

looking like im going to be searching on sunday afternoon. hopefully i will get one in time for the second half of the minor (the sole reason im heading up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    seems to be a few tickets showing up on gumtree but every number i ring goes to voicemail

looking like im going to be searching on sunday afternoon. hopefully i will get one in time for the second half of the minor (the sole reason im heading up)

I wonder if most of those ads are bogus as alot of people are looking for less than face value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

cFi32yK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mayoman09

Hi Guys. I will be in possession of a hurling ticket today. I need to swap it for a football ticket. I don't know exactly where the ticket is for but I think it's a premium. If anyone is interested please text me on 0861028169.
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Just out of interest, are people actually managing to swap these tickets? I'm hearing that loads of people are looking to swap hurling tickets, but can't because of so much uncertainty with football tickets.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Just out of interest, are people actually managing to swap these tickets? I'm hearing that loads of people are looking to swap hurling tickets, but can't because of so much uncertainty with football tickets.

I'm in Clare and every one I know that wanted a ticket got one early in the week.
    The Clare football allocation was solidly swopped with Mayo clubs.

Football tickets are like hens teeth and I'd expect are going to be hard found.

Is anyone from Cork going on Sunday at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Kilnababe wrote: »
    I'm in Clare and every one I know that wanted a ticket got one early in the week.

If I had my hands on 10 tickets today I'd have no problem selling them still a shortage in town

Kilnababe wrote: »

I heard that tickets were plentiful in Clare alright for that reason. Galway had the same opportunity with to swap with Mayo for minor tickets. The rest of us aren't so fortunate.

Cork would have had a similar situation if Kerry had reached the football final. Waterford then only has a small amount of clubs, and a small football allocation as a result, and few football neighbours to swap with.

Cork people who I know are particularly anxious about tickets this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭onefourreal

Post the Mobile number of someone you know who has no interest in sport or who has a short fuse,saying they have tickets for game. see there reaction!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Post the Mobile number of someone you know who has no interest in sport or who has a short fuse,saying they have tickets for game. see there reaction!!

I remember in college there was a u2 gig, long since sold out, and everyone dying for tickets. Someone put up a mate's number on loads of notice boards around the college saying he was selling two for less than cost price. He was absolutely plagued with callers, and didn't know who had put up the poster, or even where they all were to take them down.

So yeah if you want to annoy the ****e out if someone September is a great time to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Your opinion but I don't think you will find many true GAA supporters agreeing with you.

As a teenager and when I was in my early 20's we (myself and some mates) used to head down to Munster Final day, go to All Ireland Club finals, go to club matches when our club weren't playing, attend schools & FitzGibbon / Sigerson matches etc.

I've been going to Croke Park for the past 37 years, my parents haven't missed All Ireland final (hurling/football) day since the 1960's.

I presume we had no right to go to any of those matches because we didn't contribute to the atmosphere ! :rolleyes:

Granted I don't attend as many matches (especially Galway home matches) now but there are reasons for that - I live in Dublin & coach underage teams so we have matches most times when Galway are playing.

So I think GAA supporters from all counties have the right to go and enjoy the pinnacle of the GAA sporting calendar.
    If you want to support "GAA" as opposed to supporting your club or county, I think it better you just right a cheque to your local club for 80 quid so at least someone gets something out of it.

I can see why the other clubs get tickets but there's no real reason a neutral should have precedence over a person supporting either of the teams in the final when it comes to tickets. Whether these fans are "bandwagon hoppers" or not........

All well and good being a neutral and going to matches when they aren't gonna sell out but going just for the "supporting of GAA" when the match is gonna be a sell out and there are other fans looking for tickets from the counties.......doesn't sit well with me being honest.

That's great and it shows a genuine interest - but not many of those are likely to have been sold out games. It is a very different situation to the All Ireland Final.

I read stories like this each year - man wants or has ticket because he's been to every final for 30 or 40 years. To be honest they annoy me - all the more reason to give others a chance if they've already been to that many before.

• Advertisement

This thread is going to the dogs here. The endless tit for tat about who deserves what is both tedious and counterproductive.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

I have a Nally ticket I would like to swap for a hill 16 ticket if anyone has any interest :)

to be honest lads be happy ye have a ticket, ye will be able to swap out side the grounds no problem, loads of people will be looking to swap to stay with their buddies in the hill or Nally. so don't worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

oh very happy we have a ticket no doubting that, thanks for the advice!!

kippy wrote: »
    If you want to support "GAA" as opposed to supporting your club or county, I think it better you just right a cheque to your local club for 80 quid so at least someone gets something out of it.

I can see why the other clubs get tickets but there's no real reason a neutral should have precedence over a person supporting either of the teams in the final when it comes to tickets. Whether these fans are "bandwagon hoppers" or not........

All well and good being a neutral and going to matches when they aren't gonna sell out but going just for the "supporting of GAA" when the match is gonna be a sell out and there are other fans looking for tickets from the counties.......doesn't sit well with me being honest.

That's great and it shows a genuine interest - but not many of those are likely to have been sold out games. It is a very different situation to the All Ireland Final.

I read stories like this each year - man wants or has ticket because he's been to every final for 30 or 40 years. To be honest they annoy me - all the more reason to give others a chance if they've already been to that many before.

If you're going to quote - at least quote correctly.

I didn't complain about getting tickets at all - never have and never will.

The argument was about whether people who support the GAA all year round and enjoy going to matches that they may not have geographical interest in but have a huge emotional interest in should be allocated tickets or not.

People come on here and state that all the fair weather supporters who turn up for semi / final day and then disappear back into their Premiership or whatever sport for rest of the year should be allocated tickets before the people who care about the games whether their county is playing or not.

I (and lots of others) think this is rubbish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement